How many vaulted characters have you champed?

Comments

• Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I'm looking at several factors when I choose who to champ:

1)Covers on the vine - current and future (vaulting, how long until)
    2)Quality
    3)Filling a boosted week with 0/1 4* champs
    4)2* farm status 

I've always believed that I'd rather champ quality than pullable - using my current options, I'd probably rather have a level 270 Nova or Hulkbuster than a level 272 Mordo.  But that Mordo won't stay 272, there's a significant chance he'll get additional covers.  

When I was just breaking into 4* land earlier this year, vaulting occurred with many top shelf toons at 10-12 covers.  I opted to play the percentages and take a couple strong guaranteed champs, buying a couple covers if I had a vine cover (Iceman was one).  I don't regret it.  Icy let me transition quickly and smoothly from 3* to 4* land and positioned me more comfortably to get the more conventional CP pulls and build out that way.  

Now that I'm at 17 champs, there is nobody I can champ to 270 and be a gamechanger - of the consensus top tier, I'm missing the two above, both at 13 covers.  But neither will help me much in a vacuum like shield sim...building out my top tier already champed will.  My best value is filling in a boosted week or a newly created character that I'll have six months to build on in pulls.  A 270 will help me boosted in the right spot.  
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Not a single one
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have champed all vaulted 3*s and 4*s. Go team! Now that I'm hoarding, it might be harder for me to champion all 4*s before they get vaulted, but I have enough championed 4*s already that hopefully I'll be fine in most PVP nodes, except for the ones with the dreaded over-scaled Muscles. Argh!!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Edit.  I'm about to bring Drax up to champion status, which will bring my post-vaulting number of champed vaulted 4 1.  The only in-token character not champed or undercovered is Cloak and Dagger and I have no covers pending so I have lots of time even if I pull one.  
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    That is a good question!
    Before vaulting I had champed IMHB, JG, Cyke, Rhulk, Nova, Xpool, Thor, DD, Punmax, Icy, SL, and the Duck of the vaulted set.  All of the unvaulted set are champed and each new one gets champed as they come. I also managed to champ Bucky, IW, Elektra, Thing and Carnage after vaulting. I have a hard time thinking that I will champ anymore 4 stars.  Anyone left unchamped  is lower tier and I have moved firmly into 5 star land. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero champed in the vault since it started - too busy champing the latest (with Kate (missing a cover or two), Spider Woman and Wasp leaving the 12 unchamped). With 10/12 champed, I may consider champing some in the vault in the future, particularly someone like Wasp and Prof X, as I'd like to play around with his build for some crazy tile boosting shenanigans (and I even rostered a dupe before vaulting to have so Charlie's Angels was still an option).

I would like to have them all champed, but realistically some never will, and even if I do, at low 270's, which of them are going to get play over the Latests which should all be in the 300s by the time they roll out of the 12? Pre vaulting my older champs at 290 made newer ones less attractive, so this exacerbates it further.

For me it will come down to having spare iso with nothing newer to spend it on and the character having fun mechanics/gimmick for some variety (though power creep and moving further into 5* land will lessen the attraction again).
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed another vaulted, I had the iso and a Mr F cover from the recent pvp, so I went ahead and champed him since neither R&G or Gamora are max covered yet.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have championed Jean Grey, Sam Wilson and Ice-Man after vaulting was implemented, and also Peggy Carter and Spider-Woman who were (barely) not vaulted at the time but have since been vaulted.

My other 4* champions have been Agent Venom and Captain Marvel (yay), and my next looks to be Blade
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Since Vaulting was implemented, I did Peggy, MK, Fury, PX, Hulkbuster, and Thoress. I did Wasp right before she left packs, so I won't count her. 

I prioritize vaulted people when I get their covers, I've got a big enough CP horde to pull any of the latest 12 should I need to. However after I finish my Big Pun, it's back into the latest 12, probably starting with Coulson. 
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    2 - Starlord and Rhulk.   I was getting close when vaulting came, many 4*s with 9+ covers.   Vaulting halted all progress on those characters and these newer 12 ones I had very little of.

Only with progression rewards and the HfH store have I been able to pull those two up to 13 covers.   The next highest vaulted 4*  I have are all at 11 covers - Quake (Bonus Hero, but only 2 BH pulls since it started), Cyc, XFDP, IW, & Eddie Brock.

Of the newer characters I have Spiderwoman and 4Luke champed and Medusa at 2/5/5.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not sure. Nova, GH, Thor, Deadpool, maybe Rhulk. Anyway, i'm about to champ 4* #28 (Coulson) and would like to champ either Moon Knight (from Sentry champ level) or Peggy from her pvp cover. Both were among those great characters i never had luck on pulls.. But why should i champ Peggy or Mk with one extra cover vs Iron Fist (latest 12 and upcoming pve reward), C&D, Gamora or Groot?

Vaulting can actually be a good system, but you'd need all those 12 champed first. I need a double iso to catch up...
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I just said the same thing in another post. Lol
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    jgomes32 said:
    I'm not sure. Nova, GH, Thor, Deadpool, maybe Rhulk. Anyway, i'm about to champ 4* #28 (Coulson) and would like to champ either Moon Knight (from Sentry champ level) or Peggy from her pvp cover. Both were among those great characters i never had luck on pulls.. But why should i champ Peggy or Mk with one extra cover vs Iron Fist (latest 12 and upcoming pve reward), C&D, Gamora or Groot?

Vaulting can actually be a good system, but you'd need all those 12 champed first. I need a double iso to catch up...

You don't need double ISO.  You need to STOP champing vaulted characters that you won't ever pull a cover for.  If instead of champing Nova, GH, Thor, Deadpool, and Rulk you had champed C4rol, Medusa, Coulson, C4ge and Fist you would be raking in the champ rewards with every 4* you pull from a token, and be just as competitive if not more.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to STOP champing vaulted characters that you won't ever pull a cover for.
    Sorry, but nope. That's not how some of us, including me, choose to play the game. The vaulted 4* that I'm planning to champ: starting with EddieVenom, after getting his cover from the Grocket PvE. Following him, i have Miles Morales, Professor X, Kate Bishop, Falcap and Antman on my list.

Someone wants to forget about the vaulted 4* and focus only on the latest 12? Go right ahead. Someone wants to champ as many vaulted 4* s/he wants? Go right ahead as well. Play the game the way you want to and the way you enjoy it. There's no right or wrong.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Actually champed two vaulted today: 4* Thor DDQ gave me a BH Iceman, so I went ahead and champed for the LT (Mordo, meh), then actually went and got the Ant-Man H4H and champed as well, which got me a Carol and a BH Nova.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    You need to STOP champing vaulted characters that you won't ever pull a cover for.
    Sorry, but nope. That's not how some of us, including me, choose to play the game. The vaulted 4* that I'm planning to champ: starting with EddieVenom, after getting his cover from the Grocket PvE. Following him, i have Miles Morales, Professor X, Kate Bishop, Falcap and Antman on my list.

Someone wants to forget about the vaulted 4* and focus only on the latest 12? Go right ahead. Someone wants to champ as many vaulted 4* s/he wants? Go right ahead as well. Play the game the way you want to and the way you enjoy it. There's no right or wrong.
    Stop taking what I said out of context. I don't care how you choose to play the game.  But don't claim that you need more ISO because you choose to spend your ISO inefficiently under the new vaulting mechanic.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Actually champed two vaulted today: 4* Thor DDQ gave me a BH Iceman, so I went ahead and champed for the LT (Mordo, meh), then actually went and got the Ant-Man H4H and champed as well, which got me a Carol and a BH Nova.
    So that's where all the 4* bonus heroes go :p
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Vaulting hit right when I was beginning to transition from the 3* tier. At the time, I had XFW & Agent Venom both cover-maxed but unleveled. Now, I have 15 4* champs, 4 of whom were outside of the latest 12 when vaulting began. At this moment, IMHB & Nova are both waiting for iso, and my only unchamped characters (C&D/R&G/Gamora/IF) of the latest dozen are all at 12 or 13 covers.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the change, only Iceman. I got lucky with two BH draws to finish him. I had Flaptain, Thor, Star-Lord, and Fury champed already. Elektra & Spider-Woman have 13 covers now. HB & IW have 12.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    jgomes32 said:

You don't need double ISO.  You need to STOP champing vaulted characters that you won't ever pull a cover for.  If instead of champing Nova, GH, Thor, Deadpool, and Rulk you had champed C4rol, Medusa, Coulson, C4ge and Fist you would be raking in the champ rewards with every 4* you pull from a token, and be just as competitive if not more.
    I'd say inefficiently is a bit subjective and maybe even contradictory to the "play how you want" you said. In that case there's no wrong way really. And i have been focusing on those 12. Starting Fist soon and after that only C&D, Gamora and Groot left. With 20+ 4* left to champ i think it's fair to "claim" that i could use a little more iso....I'm not demanding or feeling entitled to more iso here, just saying a double iso would be nice at this point. Relax.

OJSP with Red Hulk mentioned by name and Gweepool on the latest 12 GH can only be Ghost Rider.