How many vaulted characters have you champed?

Straycat
Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
Only counting the champs promoted after the current system was implemented. I champed 1, Red Hulk, who had the benefit of a boss event. That was an easy decision since he's top tier. He was already fully covered too.

How many of the vaulted characters have you champed since the change?
Is it worth it to champ mid tier vaulted characters? How many covers on the vine would it take to for you to justify champing someone who is not really good?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

None, I had all of them champed when vaulting hit.

I did draw between 15 and 20 4* bonus heroes though, so I probably could have champed a 4 from scratch.

• KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

I had 7 champed before the vaulting and have since champed another 3 (Rulk, Iceman and Cyc) through a mix of covers from event rewards (gave me the last Rulk I needed) very lucky bonus hero pulls (my iceman was 2/5/5 and cyc was 5/4/2 and from the bonus heroes I got a green iceman and yellow cyc) and from the daily rewards (the 3 cyc covers helped me to bring him to 13 covers and then champ)

I do have more to be champed (Teen Jean and 4hor are next) which will be set as bonus heroes when I get around to cracking open the 600CP stash.

I think it is possible to champ the older 4 *'s with the use of bonus heroes although I have been targeting those which are around 12/13 covers, my feeling might change when I get round to my 1/2/2 WarMachine or 4/0/0 4* SM

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    None, although I did get a final Cyclops cover via BH, so I'll champ if I ever get another one.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Red Hulk, PunMax, Nova, Hulkbuster, and IW (well, I'm waiting on the ISO for her). Now I'll rely on BH to get the 3* champ levels I need to raise XForce Deadpool, XForce Wolverine, Ant Man, and Nick Fury up there too since they are the closest for me (each at 12 covers with the cover from 3* champ levels being the 13th for each).
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
     kate bishop and jean grey.

red hulk is fully covered and just needs some iso
    devil dino will be ready to champ with 2 champ levels in about 60 days from daily rewards

I also champed wasp before she was vaulted she was my very first champ
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

I am a older player, in length or service that is so I had all the vaulted ones champed already. Im sitting at 44/50 champed 4 stars atm as an example.

• Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    None. All the best characters are already champed and others - i don't have ISO for them with new charters aquisition speed. All iso goes to champ new charaters s covers don't go to waste - after that i will start to champ vaulted characters
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Edit: Just realized I misread the original post. Only vaulted character I've champed since vaulting was implemented was Professor X.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think three: jean, starlord, and Maxpun. 

Currently, other than champing nova eventually, I just don't just see a point in promoting the rest. If I want to be able to spend cp, I must continue focusing on the twelve. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a good portion of the 4*s championed already. There were 2 or 3 of the archived that were max covered but not championed at that point (at least Xavier and Bucky), and two who through uneven cover wins were at 10-12 covers (Quake/War Machine) but are now fully covered.

However, while I have not championed any of those characters YET, I am giving them about 2 levels a week. Quake is the closest to 270, at level 224 right now. The idea is to have them on better footing for using a progression cover or 3* champ level to get them champed as well and not just to chase the current 12 of the moment.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    I've champed 3 or 4 (can't remember if I champed Star-Lord before or after the change, it was close to it either way)

Ant-Man
    HulkBuster
    Nova
    Star-Lord

Of these all but Nova were only 1 cover short, Nova was 2.
    With the exception of Nova BH did not factor into me championing them (I only put the 5/5/2 Nova into BH when I determined that I was champing regardless even if it cost 120 CP, I was able to save the 120 CP thru luck).

Most of the final covers came from 3* champion levels that I had been plotting out for a while and would have gotten irregardless of any of the game changes.  Nova is probably the only exception that to that.

EDIT: I should not that I did mark all the 3* with usable 4* covers coming up as BHs.  So BH did factor in, but I didn't get any direct covers usable covers for the above 4*s except for 1 Nova.

• Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    3.5 - Icy, Jean, Quake, Peggy (champed after vaulted, was at 8 or 9 when she left).

I currently have 7 vaulted chars fully covered, about to be 8 tomorrow.   I'd love to champ them, but don't know if I will or will not.  Also another half dozen at 12 covers.  

At 16 champs I feel like my core team is already built out, I'm just champing now for token efficiency and to tactically fill boosted weeks better.  I'm not champing (Nova/Hulkbuster) to work towards a high level champ - that's no longer an option.  But should I see a boosted week coming and need one of them to fill a slot as a level 270, I'll consider it.  
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    In most cases I don't think it's worth champing vaulted characters, unless you have all of the newest 12 champed and have extra ISO.  

I made 1 exception for Nova because I had 4 covers for him, and he's pretty darn good.

I even let a Rulk cover die on the vine, although he'll be the first vaulted one I champ when I get through the latest.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since vaulting?  None.  Priority goes to those in packs.  But that's a moving target as every season one to two fall out.  I finally managed to have 11/12 champed in packs (Cloak and Dagger are not yet cover maxed), but that will go back to 9/12 in a couple days.  :( 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    One - Iceman, 13th cover through 3* champ reward and 14-15th through BH.  I would have a second (Nova), but ditched the cover because I had more covers of one of the current 12 that took priority.

I had 15 champed before vaulting, currently have 7 vaulted either max-covered or guaranteed their 13th through 3* champ reward.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I have about six all waiting for ISO 

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I've only champed 1 (red hulk) but I have 5 more (cyclops, hulkbuster, ghost rider, miles morales, Nick fury) I've fully covered that I haven't champed yet because I don't see the point in champing right now because I'll. Never get many champ levels for them. I'll champ them eventually, but not until after I've got the remaining latest 12 champed that I'm working on (have 5 of them fully covered also).
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Kate and Quake. I have about a dozen or so others that are max covered but I'm not interested in champing them because they're characters like Fury or Wolverine
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Four- Kingpin, Nova, Quake, and Thor.

I was at the start of transition when vaulting happened. I will eventually champ- Prof X, Antman, Elektra, IW, HB, JG, Sam Wilson, SL, Thing, Venom, and X-23. They were at 13 covers when vaulting happened and I still want to champ them. Collector syndrome.......

Miles, Bucky, Spider-Gwen are at 12 covers, MK at 11, and KB at 9. I will get to those someday too, as I want them all champed. It's just gonna take longer for them......
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    None.  I have Peggy and Iceman as BHs for the tier, but I have yet to get a usable cover (although my Peggy is something like 4/9/2).