How many vaulted characters have you champed?

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    They've been champed long before vaulting and most of them were in the 271-280 range. Since vaulting, I've champed most of the "original" Latest 12 (except Riri, who's on her way this week, and Agent Venom) and most of those are in the level 290-300 range
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Vaulting, I have champed none, but I only have Mr F and Spider Gwen left to champ besides RG4 and Gamora4. I will do Mr F now since I got pvp rewards/covers pending then Gwen do to pulling one of her covers.  Guess I am not a good one to look at. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just two for me Star-lord and Nova.  Both are favorites of mine in the comics and both are near top tier in the game.  No regrets.  

Most of my ISO has gone towards champing the new guys, at 8 of 12 right now although that will drop to 7 of 12 when Jessica leaves the magic 12.  
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Peggy and Waps when they were vaulted.
    Agent Venom and Medusa recently... some i will skip (i am hoarding LTs/CPs cuz some are at 13 covers) and i am seriously thinking about not promoting 4*s at all - waste of ISO, because after vaulting, you will have limited time to get covers again and then... nothing.

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only one, I had 6 vaulted characters left to champion when it was introduced and have sold covers for at least three of them since then, but recently had spare iso for Moonknight when I got one of his covers.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero, because what's the point in wasting iso (I still have unvaulted ones to champ) when you can't get decent bonus rewards anymore.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Five. My method has generally been champing whoever as the covers came.

Iceman - Champed him first day of vaulting. Had to buy the last cover, but I was planning on doing that anyways.
    Nova
    X-23
    Captain Falcon
    Elektra

Don't judge me on the last 2. Like I said, I usually champ as the covers come.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many of my champions are vaulted is a distinct question from how many vaulted characters have I championed. :-)

My 13th cover for Peggy today makes her the first already-vaulted character I've had an opportunity to champion. I've championed 5 or 6 characters who were in the Token12 when championed, and the rest of my champions had already achieved that exalted status when the vault door slammed shut on them.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I championed the last of the vaulted characters a day or so before vaulting happened.  And yeah, that made me a lot less than happy about the announcement.

Having said that, I have since championed a Rulk dupe (was nearly fully covered when vaulting was announced).

But my general opinion on championing vaulted characters is: first priority is latests.  Then high tier vaulted.  Then the rest.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    None, better to champ the characters still in tokens and minimize waste.  Now that I have all 12 newest champed I can go back and champ some vaulted 4s (although I'll probably catch up on my 2* and 3* farms and level at least one 5* first).
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

post-vault, I have champed 1: Nova. I already had him with 13 covers, and sitting at ~ level 190. He had some covers in the last boss event, and progression reward in PvE, so it was just a matter of giving him ISO.

I've still got 7 max covered 4*'s (Fury, Antman, MrF, Sue Storm, Quill, Spider-Gwen, and Howard) all at various levels between 229 and 70. I'd love to champ Quill (goodness knows I've sold enough of his covers just trying to get his first 13), so I'm trying to ensure that I keep some emergency ISO in reserve just for him.

• FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Zero. I have 23 champed in the vault.  I also have the rest at 13 covers. 
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I've got 30 vaulted characters champed at the moment.

Not sure when vaulting began, but I quite recently champed Nova, Drax, Quake, and Kate Bishop (like in the past 2 months), and Blade and Venom out of the recent 4*s.

I'm now focusing on the recent 4*s with Mordo (13), Iron Fist (13), and Carol (12). CND (12), GRocket (10), and Gamora (9) will probably be next after that.
  • csista
    csista Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I've been very lucky with bonus heroes and the vaulting system. So far I used the feature to max and champ Jean, Peggy, and Rulk. I've also used it to help max, but not champ due to ISO shortage, Xpool, Thoress, Nova, Hulkbuster, and Carnage. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed 4Thor after vaulting began through BH & HfH (I only have 5 champed 4*'s and the other 4 are Devil Dino, Star Lord, Nick Fury and Mordo...so HfH was worth it for Thor just to make PVP bearable during non-SL/DD boost weeks).  Otherwise, I'll keep champing vaulted heroes as I get covers, but I'm not expecting that any time soon as a good number of my vaulted 4*'s are in 9-12 cover hell and all have at least one power at 5 covers, making BH less attractive.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    3 soon to be 4, 4thor got the last cover off season a few seasons ago. Then Rulk after his last PvE, Hulkbuster, got the last cover in the PvP and then champed him before he was need in PvE. 
    Maxed covered and soon to be champed 4 loads, got the last 5 covers as bonus hero rewards. Got super lucky in building him to 4/4/4 before I got cover 13 last week. 
    Have a few more on 11-13 covers that I hope BH will allow me to champ, teen Jean, 4/5/3 , Cho 5/4/3 and Iceman 5/3/3
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Since vaulting, I have champed IMHB and Iceman by way of 4* BH. Then I also champed Old Nick by bringing GSBW by way of 3* BH to lv 223 and get the last cover for him.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Some of you guys really just like responding to everything I guess.

Op literally says "how many have you champed since vaulting was introduced"

Responses - "none, because they were all champed before vaulting"

??? It's like someone walking up to a group and saying "who here has had, cake, if so whats the last you had"

"I've never had cake, but cookies are a great dessert" 

Aside from that,

4. However, it's important to note, these used CP, came from events and had little influence from Bonus heros, and all were above 8 covers before vaulting landed.

EX- you'll likely see a healthy amount of red hulk responses or Nova because we got a potential 3 covers from a boss event.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    13 4* champs at the moment. 
    I had a few that were close just before vaulting, medusa was one of them and so was wasp.
    Champed Peggy just days before she got vaulted, same with wasp. 
    The only character who was vaulted immediately and I managed to champ is XFW. I wanted to set some of my closer ones as BH but with cover distribution being sucky (551 or 550) I decided against it.

So out of my 13 champs I have 5 who are vaulted at the moment with the recent inclusion of cage and spiderwoman. 

Mordo is up next (oh joy I can't contain my excitement)
    C&D, R&G and Gamorra have need of lots and lots of covers yet
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I managed to champ everyone before they leave aside from the first 2, Moonknight and Kate. Since the pool is so saturated I always need iso for a current 12, but I have made progress covering some vaulted characters. 

I was just curious how much if at all people spend iso on vaulted characters, since I plan to champ Miles with 2 covers for 275k iso instead of Riri for 375k iso. That 1 extra miles cover kinda swayed me. I've sold single covers of vaulted characters, but even tho that 272 vs 271 is a minimal improvement I don't like selling 2 covers. I've sold a bunch of Riri already too, before she was fully covered and after to champ others instead.

I can always get more Riri covers, which is an argument that can be used both for and against champing her instead of Miles.