MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2017 Edition *Updated (6/28/17)

Options

Comments

• Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    nevermind 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I thought I would take a break from PvE and took a quick look into some of the issues people have been having with the new forum. Some people may already know most of this, but for the rest, here's a list of what I found:

Recent Discussions

Some people only want to see the most recent discussions, rather than go through each forum.  This is an actual feature of Vanilla - you just need to bookmark this link:
    https://forums.d3go.com/index.php?p=/discussions

It would be nice if that link were accessible by clicking the gear icon beside your profile name as it is in the default installation, but it may have been removed  because MPQ shares the forum installation with other games, and all the other sub-forums show up in the list as well.  

Fortunately, there is an easy workaround. You just have to go to the main forum page (https://forums.d3go.com/) and "mute" (see link to screenshot below) each of the other subforums; then they won't show up in the Recent discussions page . It'll probably take you about 2 minutes to mute all the ones you don't care about. 

NOTE that the recent discussions page will show you the most recent posts, regardless of whether or not you have read them. Posts that you have not read will have the orange "New" flag on them, though.
    This is what I use now and it's much better than diving into multiple sub topics. Just view the first couple of pages each visit
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    Shouldn't 3Star Lord be added to DDQ rotation  after 3 Hawkeye? Or does that wait until after he hits tokens for a full season?

@Brigby,  you have an answer for why Star Lord was skipped in DDQ this round?  That system isn't as clear to me as the rules for when new characters enter tokens  Thanks.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I would like to know this as well. First simulator pvp skips him as rewards and now daily deadpool. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    bowla33 said:
    Shouldn't 3Star Lord be added to DDQ rotation  after 3 Hawkeye? Or does that wait until after he hits tokens for a full season?

@Brigby,  you have an answer for why Star Lord was skipped in DDQ this round?  That system isn't as clear to me as the rules for when new characters enter tokens  Thanks.
    If they follow previous patterns he should.  Hopefully it's a mistake that he wasn't listed.

If it's not a mistake it may have something to do with when the 'NEW' status wears off in proximity to their order.  Since hawkguy was the first 3* to have 'NEW' status there isn't enough of a history to tell if that can bump them from the list tor not (and if it can where that line is).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    bowla33 said:

@smkspy @bowla33 @ZootSax @broll
    If memory serves me correct, characters will only appear in DDQ after they've been featured in their events at least once or twice. Having said that though, I'll double check with the developers to make sure that's the case.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(6/02/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events
  • smkspy
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    ZootSax said:
    bowla33 said:

@smkspy @bowla33 @ZootSax @broll
    If memory serves me correct, characters will only appear in DDQ after they've been featured in their events at least once or twice. Having said that though, I'll double check with the developers to make sure that's the case.
     Yeah, that doesn't  sound right. That's the reasoning given why 4 new star character don't have their crash of the titans match.

In regards to pvp simulator every new 3 since they've been reintroduced have been progression rewards at the start of the next season (like gamora is the 2000 reward in the current one). And I believe they each entered the enchilada rotation so long as it was before the rotation ended.

Thanks @brigby
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby - thanks.  I knew that was true for CRASH of titans with 4* but didn't remember anything of note similar for 3*. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, thanks @Brigby
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    wait but were Hawkguy and Thanos featured in events more than once before being added to DDQ's rotation? I mean I'm pretty sure both of them were in the rotation by the end of the cycle of the time of their debut or they debuted at the end of one DDQ cycle and slipped in to the next one.

either way I'm disappointed, i was looking forward to a free LT
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, with the way it worked with Strange and Thanos, Star-Lord should be in the current DPD cycle.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champed Luke really made the first day of Meet R&G much easier. It doesn't take long for a Muscle to fill the board with your protect tiles that trivialize all of their countdowns. That's normally one of my least favorite days of PvE and I just ran Luke/Switch/Jean and never used a single health pack. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the developers this morning, and 3-Star characters are normally introduced into DDQ rotation after they entered packs. Due to an unusual timing issue, regarding when Star-Lord entered packs and when his DDQ event was to be scheduled, he was unfortunately skipped.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the developers this morning, and 3-Star characters are normally introduced into DDQ rotation after they entered packs. Due to an unusual timing issue, regarding when Star-Lord entered packs and when his DDQ event was to be scheduled, he was unfortunately skipped.
    Can you confirm he's going to be in the same place meaning we need to wait another 40+ days or is he getting a different position? If we got him tomorrow it was already going to be 40 days now we'll have to wait another 44?  That's a really bitter pill...
  • Brigby
    Options
    @broll
    There are currently no plans to add Star-Lord into the rotation earlier, and the next time he is anticipated to appear is July 19th
  • smkspy
    Options
    Aka put him as your Bonus hero if you want to build him up. Least it's more reasonable than if he were a 4 star.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby Will the buff list for next week be posted soon? I have some championing decisions to make. Thanks!
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It feels like updates to events are slow in being posted. Not much of an update when you wait until it shows up on the game. @Brigby anyway we can find out what events are coming up sooner?

Example: Today is Tuesday, we have a new event Thursday, and there is no update on what the event is. Today, or yesterday, would have been a good time to give us the heads up.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    Don't worry about their impatience. I know it's rare for these updates to be as late as the day before an event. Nobody should be at all worried until late afternoon today. Keep up your good spirits and good work!