MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2017 Edition *Updated (6/28/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/14/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Deadpool's Dailies
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    It.makes zero sense to run another test and not have zero changes to its parameters tinykitty.
    Well, it is possible that they've changed some of the parameters: this time, clearance level 8 might actually reach the levels advertised.

They might also want to see whether people change their behaviour now that they know what to expect from this new system.
  • legeng
    legeng Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you really going to run the same test, but in a release event when placement is the most important thing? Do you want people to get mad at the game and quit or something?

This makes no sense. It was already bad the first time, so what you do next it's to not fix ANYTHING at all and run the test in an important PVE? What?

I hope there are some kind of changes this time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    legeng said:
    Are you really going to run the same test, but in a release event when placement is the most important thing? Do you want people to get mad at the game and quit or something?

This makes no sense. It was already bad the first time, so what you do next it's to not fix ANYTHING at all and run the test in an important PVE? What?

The test IS that it's a release event.
    They saw how people played in an event for an existing char, now they want to see what people do for a new char.
    It makes sense to not change anything except missions scaling up the promised 25 levels each clear.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I didn't think I could have said this but.....Thanx to the new vaulting system, my sandman will be very likely championed in less than one month due to my hording cps, just like I've done with R&G and Gamora so even if this PVE will be a bloodbath and I will not be able to hit the top 10, I will not care at all  :p 

On the other side, I would have expected a few changes/improvements for this new test : Is that our (over) 70 pages of complains and suggestions means nothing for the Devs?  :(
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nova and Blade Boosted..... Messy
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    legeng said:

The test IS that it's a release event.
    They saw how people played in an event for an existing char, now they want to see what people do for a new char.
    It makes sense to not change anything except missions scaling up the promised 25 levels each clear.

Which is a pretty significant change that should be well announced.  Fixing a bug in the first event is significant, especially since that bug made the toughest SCL much easier than intended.  If people read @Brigby's note and were aware of the bug last time (or aware that the levels were low and unaware that was a bug) they might choose SCL 8 because it was relatively easy last time and get their face stomped this time.  
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Which is exactly what I did. 
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. There will be no changes to the updated difficulty portion of the event. Players will experience the event in the same way they did with Unstable Iso-8.

Please. Iso was a breeze. This is a nightmare and I refuse to play along with this ****. Keep this up and you will lose at least one player.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't feel any emotional connection to Sandman as a character and his powers don't seem to make him essential in the current meta. This might be a good one to sit out.

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Looks like next events give agent venom and dr doom hopefully that doesnt mean a week long agent venom event
    since its spiderman season a vaulted spidergwen or miles would have been more appreciated
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Strange Sights rewards are Agent Venom and Doom, preview up in-game.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby, will Strange Sights use classic scaling or SCL scaling? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    fmftint said:
    No mention of levels on the sign-up page, so it's back to the painful abomination that is "scaling".

Seriously, make fixed levels permanent already.

Also FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop with the non-vaulted rewards already!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    Awesome, the Agent Venom progression reward in the PvE after Strange Sights will be yellow. My 4/7/3 AV appreciates that
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    Awesome, the Agent Venom progression reward in the PvE after Strange Sights will be yellow. My 4/7/3 AV appreciates that
    Then will that be a 272 Champion for you?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    Options
    *(6/18/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Story events

@fmftint
    I have not received any word of Strange Sights having difficulty levels tied to SCL, therefore I am under the impression that it will have the classic difficulty levels.

• Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Black Panther PvP again?  We just had one in April. Meanwhile there have been at least half a dozen that haven't been featured this year. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    fmftint said:
    No mention of levels on the sign-up page, so it's back to the painful abomination that is "scaling".

Seriously, make fixed levels permanent already.

Also FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop with the non-vaulted rewards already!
    I concur!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby: can we get an update with the Story event after Strange Sights, and who will be buffed next week?  Thanks!