Heroes for Hire - Price Update (5/19/17)

Options

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was OK with 2500.
    3600 is ridiculous, but now I at least have another use for hp. 
    it's not like you see any real money from me again. 

• Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby - I know you're the messenger here and I have no intention of shooting you. Based on the rather large voice that this clearly didn't seem like a fair test and I've seen approximately 1% of the posts in this discussion saying they are pleased with moving to 3600 and 99% saying it's profanity lol. Would it be possible to push the developers to reconsider and run a fair test or at least recant their statement that this was played choice and replace with a more truthful statement?

I ask this because usually on these explosions there is a good percentage of posts that understand that the choice was probably better for the game etc i.e. OML nerf. However this is just insulting and probably more so because of the way it has been phrased to the community.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Heroes for Hire was advertised as a direct way to buy a specific cover.
    even by their own logic the price was determined by how many people value some elite tokens + ISO + CP for 1100hp as a good deal. How does that make any sense?

If people think that extra rewards for 1,1k hp are a great deal, offer them an option to just buy these for 1,1k hp in seperate store.

I'm getting really tired of devs dictating what is "good for me" without giving me any choice.
    "Vaulting is good for you, it stays". - without an option to buy a LT that contains all characters
    "HfH has better value, buy it for 3600hp." - without giving me an option to even try it for 2,5k hp
    ""5 clears in PvE will get you better rewards" - but I loose a ton if I stay at 4 clears

We are offered no choice and every time we hear the insulting "it's better for you that way", that's what dictators use to say. 

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 2 cents...
    There are a lot of optional things in this game that I simply do not care about! The 40pack, the reset vault option at 1k, the buy a 5* cover for 720cp.

It was unfair when a lot of people had the 2500 option while I had the 3600 one (without preview as well). Some of my competitors could cover a 4" at a lower price than me and I did not appreciate that much. I was not given an option in the matter.

Now? Everyone has the same vault. The same OPTIONAL vault at the same price. Do you want to buy what's in that offer? Go ahead. You don't want to buy because you feel the product does not match the price? Don't! Your competitors will not advance faster than you because they had the lower price, but they will do so because they chose to pay what you would not. 

And I am fine with that!

1k for a vault reset is too much for me but some people use it. I won't go about crying foul for that now will I?

It is what it is, they have set their price, now it's up to us to take it or leave it
  • Drake
    Drake Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think the problem here is the way this has been announced, as a decision that we, the player base, made.

The truth is the only conclusion I draw from all of this is that people with higher clearance levels have more HP to spend than people with lower clearance levels. No surprises there.

I think that if they lowered the price to 2500HP they would get all of those who spent 3600HP and all of those who spent 2500HP and, in the long run, that would be more beneficial for them in terms of money.

And for last, I bought 2 covers because I needed them to finish covering 2 vaulted characters and not a single one of them I did it thinking about the elite tokens, the ISO-8 or the extra CP, so you could put it say, 1500 HP with no bonus rewards and I would still buy them. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We all buy it for the 4* , the rest is irrelevant. Why would I want to pay 900hp more for something I can earn in 1/2 a day?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bought 4 covers during the last weeks, because 2500hp was a good deal in my view.

No way  I will buy a cover for 3600hp : FORGET IT! >:)
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really wonder sometimes about the business acumen of the people that run this operation. Pricing is a situation that any business that offers any kind of product deals with, so this is no way unique to you guys. Every business faces the dilemma of making more money by:

1) Charging more money, and thus making more by the same people paying more, OR
    2) Charging less money, and thus making more money by attracting more customers/more purchases from the same customers

I don't honestly see why option 2 isn't the obvious choice here. The people that are willing to pay 3600, do you honestly think you'll lose a single one of them by charging LESS! Hell no, if anything they'll buy more, and probably more often. You are however, practically guaranteed to lose the people that paid 2500, because they are not willing to pay 3600. This is a free-to-play game, so they don't make any money simply by a new person joining the fray. They make money by people SPENDING. What entices people to spend? Prices that are reasonable, and provide good value. To a whale, I highly doubt 1100 HP is decision-changing. To just about anyone else, bang for buck matters a great deal. Please take this one back to the drawing board Finance guys. 
    I don't hire other heroes to do my work but as someone who would like the financials of this game to be on good footing I believe BoyWonder presents a compelling critique. Particularly his point that regardless of what is offered it is more than likely the whales will buy it so in the future it would perhaps be more fruitful if the development team considered offerings that will entice non-whales to spend money on the game. Just food for thought.
  • Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm fine with the 3600hp price point, and I actually purchased the old vaults at the price. HfH was just an improvement on that in my mind, so I would have been happy to buy in. However, I was low on hp for the Iron Fist offer so I passed, and then everything else was champ levels or not something I could really use. If a purple Moon Knight had come up (mine is 5/1/5), I would have jumped. So now I'm a bit bitter that other people got double lucky: They were offered the cover they wanted, and now they also get 300hp on top of that. It seems like a silly metric to reward people on, and I imagine it will only create problems in the future next time an experiment happens where people participate only because they expect a kick back.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I don't hire other heroes to do my work but as someone who would like the financials of this game to be on good footing I believe BoyWonder presents a compelling critique. Particularly his point that regardless of what is offered it is more than likely the whales will buy it so in the future it would perhaps be more fruitful if the development team considered offerings that will entice non-whales to spend money on the game. Just food for thought.
    3600 is just a terrible price point.  They could have moved it to 2900 without much stink. 

A 44% price increase, bundled in with an insipid amount of Elite tokens (IE: 8 useless 2* covers) is just not a clever marketing strategy.  

Why on earth would you choose this route to gouge people?  Why not, instead add a way to buy CP?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I purchased the very first one offered to me, Iron Fist, but also with him was not elite covers, but four shown three stars covers (Strange, Cage, Blade & someone else) that was the only one I purchased. When I saw future ones were elite tokens (even at 2500 HP) and slight more stuff for 3600 HP, I never gave them a second look. D3 is looking to make money, can't say I blame them. I'm happy with my VIP renewals.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The idea that we chose is ridiculous. I only had the choice to buy the 3,600 deal and bought a few times to help with tough crashes - but I would have bought the 2,500 deal many more times and prefer that!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Thanks for the update, but no thanks for the spin.  "Players prefer" should probably be replaced with "enough players purchased that we can justify the higher price point."

Also, nice timing with rolling out an hp direct buy for vintage 4*s right after vaulting.  Way to pump up demand for older 4* covers before testing demand.

Sorry to be a cynic, but when the game forces me to consider the $-value of each activity/transaction, then i sort of feel compelled to consider the financial motives behind each dev action too. . .
    I agree with all of your points but the first.  The spin is absolutely necessary.  

If Brigby had popped in with "Enough players purchased that we can justify the higher price point" the forums would have been an even bigger poop show than it normally is.  

People still quote something Ice-X said a very long time ago.  This is not a community that does not require plenty of spin.  

As for me, I bought twice at the 2500 HP price point.  Would have probably punted on one of those if it had been 3600.  I'll still probably ship out the HP for a final cover on a vaulted character that I have at 5/5/x but that's it now.  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    revskip said:

People still quote something Ice-X said a very long time ago.  
    On this, I think people like to misquote or edit out Ice-X's full thought: "You're supposed to lose health..." in reference to fighting Galactus or Boss Battles, but all you usually get is the spun up anti D3 slogan: "You're supposed to lose"
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It clearly doesn't matter what we think. They make inane gestures, oftentimes with a slap in the face to accompany it, and spit it out as if they are doing us favors. People saying that the pricepoint is "fine" would buy the covers at 2500 or 3600, it matters not. The vast majority would rather spend 2500 (obviously).
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint said:
    revskip said:

People still quote something Ice-X said a very long time ago.  
    On this, I think people like to misquote or edit out Ice-X's full thought: "You're supposed to lose health..." in reference to fighting Galactus or Boss Battles, but all you usually get is the spun up anti D3 slogan: "You're supposed to lose"
    The only one misquoting him is YOU
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/33616/on-galactus-run-1-game-feel-vs-ultron

You're supposed to lose.
    Read the whole post. 
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options
    boy, I know I choose the most expensive option.   2500 seemed high to me.
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    rflol!!!

"You customers, chose the most expensive deal!!!!! Thank you! Have a cookie!"

xD