Heroes for Hire - Price Update (5/19/17)

Options

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure why everyone's up in arms. There's already a comment from an alliance saying the 3600 bundle was more worth it.

Most of the sales on these will be from those in buyers' clubs, who have lots of spare HP. That'll account for far more sales than people who save up and only purchase the package every once in a while. The whales are adding up all the contents, and if they deem the 3600 package more worth, what's that to you?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    scottee said:
    Not sure why everyone's up in arms. There's already a comment from an alliance saying the 3600 bundle was more worth it.

Most of the sales on these will be from those in buyers' clubs, who have lots of spare HP. That'll account for far more sales than people who save up and only purchase the package every once in a while. The whales are adding up all the contents, and if they deem the 3600 package more worth, what's that to you?
    1 person thought it was better?  You're right I was totally off, at least 1 person thought it was better.  Expectations blown.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Landale said:
    If that's true, then why not just offer both price points to everyone indefinitely?  Some people will choose the 3600 price point because they feel it's more worth it, others will use the 2500 price because they only really want the 4* cover.

Because from a game design standpoint, it's pretty clunky to have two packages offered that are really close to one another. I already think having Latest Legendaries and Classic Legendaries next to each other looks really dumb. Necessary, but just ugly/dumb design.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bought 3 at 2500 (Nova, Rhulk, can't remember the first one I bought, but it was week 1)... won't buy any at 3600. 

Saw the announcement for the 300hp, didn't receive it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The more I think about it, I bet I know what their real metric was:
    How many people bought HP with real money and then immediately bought one of these.

2500 is pretty easy to save up for, 3600 is more likely to draw people to open their wallet.

Speak out against it the only way we really can, sew your wallet shut.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bought 3 at 2500 (Nova, Rhulk, can't remember the first one I bought, but it was week 1)... won't buy any at 3600. 

Bought 2, didn't receive anything either.  Tentatively assuming they didn't roll out the actual gift yet.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ezrius said:

Bought 2, didn't receive anything either.  Tentatively assuming they didn't roll out the actual gift yet.
    Same for me as well.  I'm assuming it'll come later today or this weekend?  Either way I'm not sweating it for now.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is what I always expected to hear. We'll never hear how the sausage was made, but they only needed to sell something like 60% as many at 3600 to make the same as they'd get from 2500; given that, 2500 was never, ever, going to get chosen. I'm just glad I had the 2500 option so I could finish my Red Hulk.