Heroes for Hire - Price Update (5/19/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

When we launched Heroes for Hire a little over a month ago, we created a few different offers that we thought were valuable and compelling. We run tests like these to allow players to show us what they preferred, and after seeing all of the results, it was clear that players preferred the offer that had more items in it.

Starting today, the 4-Star Heroes for Hire store bundles will be 3,600 Hero Points for all players. The offer includes one 4-Star Cover, eight Elite Tokens, 10,000 Iso-8, and three Command Points. The cover changes each day and is the featured 4-Star from the Behemoth Burrito mission found in Deadpool’s Daily Quest.

As a token of our thanks, anyone that helped us determine the best offering by collecting a Heroes for Hire offer since its release, will receive 300 Hero Points. 

Comments

• BetrayerOfHope
    BetrayerOfHope Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It does seem like the better deal. That was the consensus in our alliance discussion, so not surprised it was the most popular by purchases. 
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm surprised at this too. I'm one of those who don't think the few extra stuffs worth 1100 hp. I personally would prefer an option without any bundle, just the 4* cover for lower than 2500 hp. So basically, we now have an official re-branded 20-items 4* vault.

Note: I got 3600 hp offer and can see 7 days in advance.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really?????????? I await the responses from the forum.  :D

I cant believe for a second the 3600 offer was the most popular, D3 have just chosen the most expensive that will make them the most money. 
    It's not a popularity contest, it's a profitability contest.  I do like that they are throwing a bone to people who bought (hopefully it's 300 per purchase, but I doubt it).

Certainly not shocked they went with the bad price.  Guess I can forget this store exists.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bummer, i like the h4h feature and was going to buy 2 covers in the next week at the old price point. For 3600 I'm probably passing, but I do appreciate the 300 hp payout. 
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    @brigby, any chance we can see how the sausage was made here?  what was the purchase rate for the 3600 store vs. the 2500?

and was there at least a good mix of new accounts and whales for each test that they can really be compared?  Just curious.  

I had the 3600 with 7 day preview store, and i bought at least 2 covers.  Nova Red, and Medusa Purple.  i personally dont mind the higher price since i dont really use HP for much....but wondered if we could get a "10% of all matches were won with OML" stat on this decision.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really?????????? I await the responses from the forum.  :D

I cant believe for a second the 3600 offer was the most popular, D3 have just chosen the most expensive that will make them the most money. 
    They chose the one people buy more. so yes, it makes them the most money. Because it was the most popular.

If no one thought it was worth it, of course they wouldn't pick it.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    300 HP seems arbitrary and a little low.  How about giving everyone who helped in the research 3600 HP, effectively a free H4H purchase, instead.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    True.

Offering more ways for players to get what they need and for you to make money is great, no objections there, go for it.  But really the method is suspect.

How do you differentiate between people who would never buy Heroes for Hire vs those who would buy it at a lower level?  Unless you offered the same people different options and let them pick the testing is invalid.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @DJSquiggy

Those are definitely good questions, but unfortunately I just don't have that information available to communicate to everyone.