Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    veny said:
    zulux21 said:
    So just curious, has any steam user gotten an intercept yet?
    I made a purchase but I haven't seen one yet (played through DDQ)
    No, someone said here that intercept will be added later (when? its 19:18 and still nothing).
    I am also worried that my payment went in vain... i dont understand who made such a vague statement about that important change without staying there to reply for questions (and here are dozens of them!)
    that is what I feared. but ideally it will go live soon. I am still debating if I will be able to go after gamora or if my weekend plans are going to get in the way so it would be nice if I could at least get some bonuses playing PVE today.
    It's allegedly live (data push hit already), but I didn't see anything yet myself.  Trying again after my daily supply kicks in, in case that's the trigger point.  After that I'll pitchfork.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm - I just did one full clear of Unholy Alliance and didn't get a single bonus reward. I wonder if the odds on the new non-intercept bonus rewards are lower than the intercept reward rate. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bishop said:
    For a person who's put lots of cash into this game there shouldn't be any advertisements anyway! (Atleast for me) No, im not one of those guys who puts thousands into the game but at what point is the game paid for? 

A ps4 game cost around $60 bucks and it's yours. This game costs ??? How much and it's yours?
    How many times do you have to see a movie in theaters before they hand you your free DVD?

You're not paying for a product, you're paying for a service. 
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    The reading comprehension on this board is awful.

Paying customers get more than before.  F2P players get less.  

I'll keep doing my $2 per month buy.  It's well worth it, seems like I get at least one 2,000 iso bonus per day and a whole bunch of 500s.

edit - just played my first DPD match of the day and got a bonus 10hp, just like normal.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I take back what I said earlier. Having completed a couple of runs on Hearts of Darkness, I have got quite a few Heroic tokens so it seems we wont miss out on those. 
    I made my runs before I got the in-game warning of no more intercepts. Which I also got some, but all the tokens I got from the PVE itself were normal tokens...
    Mine were after the in-game warning. I got 3 Heroic tokens and 1 Elite. 
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Bishop said:
    For a person who's put lots of cash into this game there shouldn't be any advertisements anyway! (Atleast for me) No, im not one of those guys who puts thousands into the game but at what point is the game paid for? 

A ps4 game cost around $60 bucks and it's yours. This game costs ??? How much and it's yours?
    How many times do you have to see a movie in theaters before they hand you your free DVD?

You're not paying for a product, you're paying for a service. 

This is completely off-topic, as well as completely anecdotal, but given the number of times I have walked out following a movie and thought "I can't wait until that comes out on disc!" only to not buy it when it does, I sometimes think studios would make more money off of me if I could buy a copy on my way out of the theater.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Hmmm - I just did one full clear of Unholy Alliance and didn't get a single bonus reward. I wonder if the odds on the new non-intercept bonus rewards are lower than the intercept reward rate. 
    I was actually hoping we'd get real numbers on this from @Brigby or someone with the team so we'll know just how the new bonuses work. Up to 20 was pretty clear. This "you'll occasionally receive some" needs a little more clarification, please. Thanks in advance!
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I understand the game is a product and it needs to generate money, but what it sells is lousy. I bought VIP and all I got from the legendary tokens were... wait for it... Agent Venom and Spider-Woman- characters only slightly better than the 3*. No Bucky, no Peggy, no Quake, no Red Hulk and, most importantly, no bonuses. I'm wasting HP on 4* characters that I will never level up because they're out of all vaults. If I want to buy something with the HP, I risk having it wasted on another 2*. The ISO I received would barely have been enough for a 2*, not to mention a 4*. This game generates too much frustration for me. I'm only playing it because it's Marvel related, but most free puzzle games I've played were a lot more fun than this. I'm going to give other Marvel games a try and maybe I'll get lucky. It's a damn shame because it has so much potential.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I take back what I said earlier. Having completed a couple of runs on Hearts of Darkness, I have got quite a few Heroic tokens so it seems we wont miss out on those. 
    I made my runs before I got the in-game warning of no more intercepts. Which I also got some, but all the tokens I got from the PVE itself were normal tokens...
    Mine were after the in-game warning. I got 3 Heroic tokens and 1 Elite. 

I got something like that, yeah. My issue is that newer players will have either hell to level and build or the paywall will be friggin' expensive...
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I wished the extra bonus had not been connected to DDQ, the portion of the game where multiple 4 stars and even 5 stars are required to participate. Sick of them hiding characters then demanding I have them for good rewards.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

My only questions are from a completely selfish standpoint:

150k ISO over 30 days amounts to 3000 ISO per day...   I wasn't keeping track but I believe I was taking in well over 3000 ISO per day via intercepts.  Similar question about the 10HP per day... seems like a decrease.

How much of a decrease is the compared to intercepts (weighted average, unfortunately I don't know the distribution on what bonuses were available via intercept) ?

Will the occasional bonuses given to supporters bridge the gap in ISO and HP and the only difference now is that you have to pay to get all the rewards ?

The answers likely depend on specific figures we wont ever see, I'm just curious... not sure to be happy or not yet.

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

My only questions are from a completely selfish standpoint:

150k ISO over 30 days amounts to 3000 ISO per day...   I wasn't keeping track but I believe I was taking in well over 3000 ISO per day via intercepts.  Similar question about the 10HP per day... seems like a decrease.

How much of a decrease is the compared to intercepts (weighted average, unfortunately I don't know the distribution on what bonuses were available via intercept) ?

Will the occasional bonuses given to supporters bridge the gap in ISO and HP and the only difference now is that you have to pay to get all the rewards ?

The answers likely depend on specific figures we wont ever see, I'm just curious... not sure to be happy or not yet.

Also curious, but my impression was that whatever you were getting before is what you would continue to get (with the nominal purchase fee).   Which means you'd be getting same stuff + the bonus DDQ stuff, so long as you are paying.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Brigby said:

We will be discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts starting on May 18th, 2017. We will also be adding rewards to Deadpool’s Daily Quest and keeping bonus rewards for players who make purchases.

Players who make purchases to support the game will also continue to receive Bonus Rewards after Story missions. Not only will players playing on Android and iOS devices be able to earn bonus rewards but we have expanded bonus rewards to include players playing on Steam and Amazon devices as well.

Update: Steam and Amazon users will unfortunately not be able to see Bonus Rewards until R127 is released early next week. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for updating after the changes went live and after I already bought VIP to support the changes to let me know that I won't be getting any bonuses for a week, and than a chunk of my VIP purchase is now going to be wasted in regards to bonuses, while the people who already had access to the stuff continue to build up more resources on me.

I mean had you told me before hand that the bonuses wouldn't have been live for steam until early next week then I would of, I don't know, gotten my VIP then. I would have been disappointed, but not felt actively tricked by you guys saying that the changes would go live today, and then go... oh, no, next week. Thanks for your money, sucks to be you -_-.

for the record I am not blaming you Brigby, as I am assuming you were only told after the fact, I am blaming the people running the game that clearly didn't want me to have any good feelings about this change anymore as now I just feel tricked -_-

I mean really, why wouldn't you guys just wait for the update in general to roll this out to all users at once instead of misleading people and making steam (and amazon) users feel second class again?
  • Jjshack
    Jjshack Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I wonder how many people (like myself) didn't know for 1.99 you could not watch those atrocious ads for 28 days and still get the rewards?  They should have trumpeted that louder.  To me the time savings is definitely worth 1.99 a month, I'd have done it sooner.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    zulux21 said:
    I wished the extra bonus had not been connected to DDQ, the portion of the game where multiple 4 stars and even 5 stars are required to participate. Sick of them hiding characters then demanding I have them for good rewards.
    uh.....
    5* aren't needed in DDQ period. In fact aside from top tier PVP playing 5* aren't required in the game anywhere.

as for 4*, those are only needed for a single node that nets you 2CP and lets you get the points to get an extra taco. That isn't changing with this.

the only thing required is a bunch of 3* so you can get the rewards every day (beyond the single 1 star and 2-3 2* you need to do the first 3 nodes)

I highly suggest that you go take a look at DDQ again as if that is your understanding of DDQ you are clearly missing out on a ton of rewards each day.
    We'll I have not been able to complete the last two portions of DDQ since their inception because I did not have all the  required characters and it has been weeks. I guess it was vaulting and not five stars for inability to finish the DDQ. My apologies.
  • sandalsnopants
    sandalsnopants Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Still not spending any money on this.

That said, the reason given for this change is beyond hilarious.  "We can't get the bonuses to work right, except they will work just fine for the people who give us money."

Good for the Steam crowd, though.  Good luck.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    zulux21 said:

I mean really, why wouldn't you guys just wait for the update in general to roll this out to all users at once instead of misleading people and making steam (and amazon) users feel second class again?
    I wouldn't get too riled up about it zulux21.  I did the same thing today. I think they will have the ability to see that you are a VIP member and I imagine we will start getting rewards with the new patch since a VIP membership indicates a paying player.  Keep the big picture in perspective that the change is still really good long term for you.  You will miss out on four or five days of potential rewards but look at the bigger picture.  I bought a VIP to show I support their change in policy and yes rewards right away would have been nice but I can wait a few days too.  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    To Jjshack said:
    I wonder how many people (like myself) didn't know for 1.99 you could not watch those atrocious ads for 28 days and still get the rewards?  They should have trumpeted that louder.  To me the time savings is definitely worth 1.99 a month, I'd have done it sooner.
    I believe that is a new addition. If I recall, it was previously only with active VIP. Now, with Intercepts disabled, it's become an "all monetary support" item.