Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    veny said:
    Does it work? I made a payment (tried 2$ for 200HP) and still no additional reward from PvE...
    DDQ reward are already updated.
    All in all, we need some "active" indicator like for VIP...
    It's not live until the data patch hits today (usually just before noon EST)

DDQ rewards are live because those are set manually, like any other event.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    veny said:
    Does it work? I made a payment (tried 2$ for 200HP) and still no additional reward from PvE...

Geez, why the hell is this told by regular user instead of a moderator?
    I hope i wont have to make purchase again... all in all it is 18th May now (15:47 so i strongly bet there is a place on earth were it is still 17th :D )
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ironically I've gotten a. Umber of intercepts in the last 24 hours, working better than it has in a long time.  Go figure.  
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Damn! I'm happy for the Stream users, but as a player who just made a large purchase hoping not to make any for a couple of months from now on, I feel a bit screwed over. And the new rewards for DDQ are hardly compensating for the signal intercepts.
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Damn! I'm happy for the Stream users, but as a player who just made a large purchase hoping not to make any for a couple of months from now on, I feel a bit screwed over. And the new rewards for DDQ are hardly compensating for the signal intercepts.
    I'm not sure why you feel screwed over, they clearly stated in the OP that players that make purchases to support the game will continue to receive the rewards (plus the extra DDQ rewards).

Are you not seeing the bonuses in game?

(from the original post)

Players who make purchases to support the game will also continue to receive Bonus Rewards after Story missions. Not only will players playing on Android and iOS devices be able to earn bonus rewards but we have expanded bonus rewards to include players playing on Steam and Amazon devices as well.

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny said:
    veny said:

Geez, why the hell is this told by regular user instead of a moderator?
    I hope i wont have to make purchase again... all in all it is 18th May now (15:47 so i strongly bet there is a place on earth were it is still 17th :D )
    Think I misinterpreted - it should be fine on mobile, it's Steam that has to wait.
  • SpringSoldier
    Options
    Dalbok said:

I'm not sure why you feel screwed over, they clearly stated in the OP that players that make purchases to support the game will continue to receive the rewards (plus the extra DDQ rewards).

Are you not seeing the bonuses in game?

(from the original post)

I'll be seeing them for another 28 days from what I understand. That means that overall, I'll be getting less bonus than those who spent the same amount of money, but payed small sums over extended periods of time. It's clear this is the spending strategy they'll be encouraging - and it's not even a bad one, it just sucks for me right now :).
  • SpringSoldier
    Options
    Also "players can earn 150,000 Iso-8 (60% more than before!) and 300 Hero Points a month from Deadpool’s Daily Quest now."- this is very little. Especially the HP- that's basically 3 months and 10 days for a rooster spot- it's nothing.
  • chitown021
    chitown021 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm glad it's helping the steam players, but as a ftp Android user this is a huge cut to my resources. I'm just starting my 4* progression and I need roster spots bad! Those extra hero tokens from intercepts were huge! Just another way to force people to pay or lose covers. Take the darn expiration off covers then.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also "players can earn 150,000 Iso-8 (60% more than before!) and 300 Hero Points a month from Deadpool’s Daily Quest now."- this is very little. Especially the HP- that's basically 3 months and 10 days for a rooster spot- it's nothing.
    Yes... good thing it's not your only source of Hero Points, eh.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WEBGAS said:
    I am happy for Steam users but defenitely UNHAPPY for me because due to intercepts I was able to collect  4-6000 iso per day plus elite and heroic tokens, HP and even cp....now only 3000iso  :'(
    and for only 2$ a month you still can.....
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    Wonko33 said:
    WEBGAS said:
    I am happy for Steam users but defenitely UNHAPPY for me because due to intercepts I was able to collect  4-6000 iso per day plus elite and heroic tokens, HP and even cp....now only 3000iso  :'(
    That sounds like the start of one of the feed a starving child commercials.
    The sad animals with Sarah McLachlan singing always get at my feels more.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    broll said:
    Wonko33 said:
    WEBGAS said:
    That sounds like the start of one of the feed a starving child commercials.
    The sad animals with Sarah McLachlan singing always get at my feels more.
    that's the one I thought about when I wrote - I just didn't have the heart to post a picture of a sick puppy ;)
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, this is fun. Developers can't even handle their own advertising code? Who saw that coming?!

With the sudden change to lesser rewards, maybe it is time to take a hard look at the rewards in this game as a whole. Double ISO events should happen once a week in my opinion. Maybe roster slots should cost less, but they won't... so the HP rewards should be better as well. I have always felt bad for the steam users, but now I am definitely finding less and less to spend on in this game (no, I won't be spending money just to get the ad-less rewards) and less and less fun from the game. Big changes need to be made soon. If not, I just won't be able to bring myself to keep playing at a high-ish level.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think it must be pretty obvious.  The revenue from ads must have been significantly less than $2/month per player.  They decide that giving the players the significant rewards bonus that intercepts provided could be kept if players would pay $2/mo.  Their gamble is that many players will pay $2/mo. for these rewards. There are additional benefits to this policy, no more having to watch videos (that apparently don't work all the time anyway) and it helps level the playing field on every platform.  In addition, they will get some people, like myself, to buy VIP now which is basically like 5 players paying $2/mo.   I think it is probably a gamble they will win with because honestly most players will look at the potential rewards for $2/mo. and say yes please.  For those that are F2P (which I have been for a while now ever since intercepts came out), make a small monthly nominal purchase or lose out on decent reward potential.  Keep in mind though they did increase DDQ rewards which helps offset some of the pain (not all) for F2P players.

I should also add, as an F2P player, there shouldn't be outrage that they are trying to get players to pay something towards the game.  They are a business and F2P means free to play, meaning you aren't adding nearly anything substantive to their bottom line. The ad revenue must have been disappointing or they wouldn't have changed their policy period.  This game has been missing a reward system where you can pay a small amount to gain a significant advantage. This is that possibility (if confirmed that $2/mo. secures you the ability for intercept rewards).  Previously throughout the game, you really needed be a whale to reap a significant advantage for paying money.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe one of the contributing factors in dropping the ads was that when it started out, it was ads for various products and other miscellaneous apps and movie trailers... halfway through their implementations the ads became videos of other mobile apps.  Perhaps they were losing more revenue by players being pulled away from the game to some of the other games being advertised than they were generating revenue through the ads?

I know I saw a couple neat apps that I looked into, but very few that I actually tried out.
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Warbringa, I agree with your math, but I think you're missing a section - cost to support. They were also incurring costs for each ticket opened about the issue, and their support/dev team's time was being used to troubleshoot the issues associated with it. By removing this "feature", they also remove those costs.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I will dearly miss the extra "Heroic" and "Epic" covers obtained through the signals. Not sure if that will pull me away of the game... but sure as heck it will be really annoying to build rosters for new players without it.