Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5000 iso per day, apart from those months with 50 days :tongue:

And you get a few minutes of your life back, every day.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nice to see the extra Iso and HP isn't gated behind completing the 4-star missions.

Edit: and then I get a SHIELD intercept on the first DDQ node I play.  Well, I won't complain about the extra 500 Iso.
  • regald
    regald Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:

Players who make purchases to support the game will also continue to receive Bonus Rewards after Story missions. Not only will players playing on Android and iOS devices be able to earn bonus rewards but we have expanded bonus rewards to include players playing on Steam and Amazon devices as well.

Can someone explain this for me ? Is it one time purchase is enough for story bonuses or its time dependent like VIP ?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    regald said:
    Brigby said:

Players who make purchases to support the game will also continue to receive Bonus Rewards after Story missions. Not only will players playing on Android and iOS devices be able to earn bonus rewards but we have expanded bonus rewards to include players playing on Steam and Amazon devices as well.

Can someone explain this for me ? Is it one time purchase is enough for story bonuses or its time dependent like VIP ?

It works like it always has.
    A purchase gives you Intercepts for 28 days.
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I guess all the previous purchases will have no impact at all? :|
  • regald
    regald Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Thanks ! I am a steam user , so have no idea how it was before.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    WEBGAS said:
    I am happy for Steam users but defenitely UNHAPPY for me because due to intercepts I was able to collect  4-6000 iso per day plus elite and heroic tokens, HP and even cp....now only 3000iso  :'(
    "For the low low price of 1.99 a month... You get all the rewards!"
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    Zobaken said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I guess all the previous purchases will have no impact at all? :|
    I get intercept / bonus rewards today and have made no purchase the last week or so. Maybe I did by the way, but certainly not today.
    This system hasn't been implemented yet. :/ Maybe you're using mobile client and still get intercepts from old system.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While as a VIP member this won't negatively afffect me (infact it should be a net gain since I'll get the rewards from VIP + the new deadpool rewards, if I'm understanding correctly), it's still a shame this feature didn't work out.  It seemed like a chance to get away from pay to win mechanics while the devs still made money.  I understand the decision, it obviously never worked for steam and seemed rocky for others as well, still a shame.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby can you confirm that people will get 1 month of free bonuses by just spending $1.99 per month? Or is there a minimum that must be spent, such as $10 per month (ie VIP)?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

This feels like a fair way to distribute the bonuses to those that were denied them.  

I do have a follow-up question.  Will a mechanism be added into the game whereas a popup notification appears when a purchasers intercept-bonus time (for lack of a better phrase) will expire?

We get the notification that VIP will expire, but as I've reduced my pay-to-play down to $1.99 a month, my reminder was having to watch through one video a month to remind me to re-up.  With that video option going away, one day the extra prizes will just go away and I won't know in-game if it's because I wasn't lucky enough to get the handout, or if it was because my purchase time bonus expired.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm still getting tokens. So win win
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a former spender long ago turned non-spender, I'll miss the tokens. And the CP.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a free to play person, just bummed about them discontinuing them for me right after they got them back working again on iOS.

Happy about increased DDQ rewards.  Understanding about reserving rewards for paying players, they should gain some benefit over free players.  Excited for Steam players to be able to benefit finally from it as well.

Rolling my eyes at the people suggesting compensation for playing on Steam without Intercepts trying to calculate how much they are "owed"... when a majority of the time they didn't work for iOS either.  Each Platform has had their exclusive issues that have denied them resources.  On my iOS facebook gifting was broken for a long time until I bought a new phone and they started working and Intercepts were non-existent for a very long time, sounds like Amazon is having issues with Facebook sharing, and Steam didn't have intercepts (and it would have only been fair if they did get them for them not to work 75% of the time).

Overall, this decision is a good compromise between platforms, types of players, and increased resource needs (though it doesn't completely fix the lack of Iso in the game).
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As a f2p player, I will miss most the tokens, since they were the most important rewards for me... but at the same time, I'm glad that now all players from all platforms have the same treatment/chances.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Does it work? I made a payment (tried 2$ for 200HP) and still no additional reward from PvE...
    DDQ reward are already updated.
    All in all, we need some "active" indicator like for VIP...
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you! As a Steam player I always felt disregarded ever since I started the game almost 3 years ago.  No facebook rewards I could deal with.  Intercepts though were a substantial boon and I lost significant ground compared to those who were able to get this nice stream of iso and other rewards.  I just signed up today for VIP for the first time in a long, long time to show my support for this policy change.  
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As a Steam player who said "I'd give VIP a try if it was only equitable for Steam players" I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. Hopefully some other players will reward this change as well.
  • Brendover
    Brendover Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As a f2p player, this sucks for me. Laziness has once again overridden a good feature that helped out the little guys.

Not sure why I expected more out of this dev team.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't get how anyone could devote the hours a day of play it would take to generate tons of intercept rewards, but not feel like they could chip in 2 bucks a month.