Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Magic said:
    The extra resources don't make up my average from intercepts (with tokens being my favorite reward). This is another middle finger to F2P users. Too many of us managed to play hard enough to stay level with resources. So we get a hit. 

I am glad I won't have to watch the commercials (i was not interested by a single app in them during this experiment) but I was getting 2-5 elites/heroic tokens, probably 5-10k iso and maybe 10-25 HP a day (negligible amount of CP as well - just a 2-5 per month). Now I will get 3k iso and 10 HP. It's way, way, way, way less.

Changes like this are why I have given 1 in the survey. I refuse to recommend this game as it keeps introducing changes that negatively affect the player base. 
    You sir have put it perfectly how I feel and the math I ran when they announced the will be killing intercepts. I am now a middling middle tier, but new F2P players will die without these. Impossible to catch up.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I will pay the £2 a month, I play the game a lot, but I am willing to bet that as soon as they see the numbers, the amount of us willing to do that they shift the goal upwards and the rewards for buying either shifts upwards from that £2 buy or that buy disappears altogether.

Watch this space..

//Removed Inappropriate Content - Brigby
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

If you think you're losing something of value, $3/mth is a reasonable amount to get it back.

If you think it's not worth $3/mth, then there's nothing to complain about.

• FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think I downloaded Injustice 2. I'll have to check since this will definitely slow down my progress. I don't know if it will be worth the same amount of time. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get your concern, but it seems like you are looking at it from a different viewpoint.  2 bucks is less than 7 cents a day.  If you do 4 clears on pve and deadpool daily, with no pvp at all, thats 1.5 hours.  Are you getting 4.4 cents of hour worth of entertainment?  If you say no, then why are you even playing at that point, was my point?
    Not that my playstyle matters, but I do not generally do 4/x PVE clears. Sometimes I do but I find more than 2 to be a boring chore, especially when it's Dark Avengers for the hundredth time. PVP I engage in from time to time, but the matchmaking has always blown chunks. 1.5 hours a day? Bah. Almost never.

And that's a big big problem with MPQ. If you're not putting in that kind of time, each and every day, your roster beyond 3* freezes up. So you hit this kind of "stall" point where you either play a lot more, pay a lot more, or both. $2 doesn't change that, not one bit.

Future Fight, I can put in as little or as much time as I want per day and still make meaningful progress. And their $$ model is generally "you pay this, you get that," not loaded full of RNG tinykitty. So that's been my main Marvel fix for some time, and unless MPQ ever meaningfully moves to provide better value for $$, it's the only game I choose to give a few bucks now & then.

And you're right, I probably should just retire from this game, because it's been clear for a long time it's highly unlikely to ever change.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Yes. That should include basic VIP membership. As a VIP member, you will start seeing these Bonus Rewards occasionally after completing missions
    Basic VIP membership, do you plan on having extra special VIP membership @Brigby ?
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As someone with both iOS (iPad) and Android (phone) in regular use, it's been noticeable that iOS didn't produce the same amount of intercepts as Android-version. So I played PVE with Android and PVP with iPad. Therefore the old system wasn't fair to anyone, so it's about time they did something. Of course, in true Demi-style instead of fixing their broken code, those lazy bungholes just sweep the issue under the rug. Reminds me of constant crashes-issue awhile ago, instead of fixing it, they lowered the amount of health loss you suffer from quitting (=crashing) the fight. This change is better than doing nothing, but it sure would be nice if these guys learned how to code.

As I'm mostly f2p-player (I've paid 20€ in my MPQ-career, it's how I've valued this game worth) and intercepts worked fine for me, I'm taking a resource loss over here. I really don't mind the hp, iso, or even the occasional cp loss, but I'm sad about losing Heroic and Elite tokens :( They really helped growing 2* (and 3*)-farm. Coupled with Lightning Rounds losing almost all of their 2* prizes, it seems that devs really hate 2*-farming.

There's rather easy fix for this token loss, just replace all the standard tokens with Heroic/Elite tokens throughout the game for players in higher CLs. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here is the thing, if you aren't generating revenue for a business, you won't get the service you think you deserve.  That is how business works, I see it every day at work.  I understood this in this particular game as I have been a F2P player for quite a while now. As a for profit business, they are going to do everything they can to favor paying customers and attempt to get non-paying customers to generate revenue.  Their biggest issue has always been the rewards you purchase for money are not worth what you actually receive in the game for rewards.  This is the first time I actually believe that the rewards (significant iso and potential tokens/CP) are worth the price in money ($2/mo.)  This is actually a very good move from a business stand point and while it hurts F2P players, you can't fault them for trying to increase business.  In addition, this change relieves certain issues with the game that intercepts under the current format had provided (see many different posts earlier in the thread). If they can't maintain revenue the game dies anyway and no one gets to play it.
  • Silverblade
    Options
    When you guys say $2/month, you mean after the first $10 for the first 28 days? I don't see where those $2/month come from...
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When you guys say $2/month, you mean after the first $10 for the first 28 days? I don't see where those $2/month come from...
    you just need to make a purchase, not VIP.
    you can buy 200HP or what is is 500 iso for $2 and get the intercepts for 28 days.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    For a person who's put lots of cash into this game there shouldn't be any advertisements anyway! (Atleast for me) No, im not one of those guys who puts thousands into the game but at what point is the game paid for? 

A ps4 game cost around $60 bucks and it's yours. This game costs ??? How much and it's yours?
  • zulux21
    Options
    So just curious, has any steam user gotten an intercept yet?
    I made a purchase but I haven't seen one yet (played through DDQ)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I take back what I said earlier. Having completed a couple of runs on Hearts of Darkness, I have got quite a few Heroic tokens so it seems we wont miss out on those. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zulux21 said:
    No, someone said here that intercept will be added later (when? its 19:18 and still nothing).
    I am also worried that my payment went in vain... i dont understand who made such a vague statement about that important change without staying there to reply for questions (and here are dozens of them!)
  • Silverblade
    Options
    I take back what I said earlier. Having completed a couple of runs on Hearts of Darkness, I have got quite a few Heroic tokens so it seems we wont miss out on those. 
    I made my runs before I got the in-game warning of no more intercepts. Which I also got some, but all the tokens I got from the PVE itself were normal tokens...
  • zulux21
    Options
    veny said:
    zulux21 said:
    No, someone said here that intercept will be added later (when? its 19:18 and still nothing).
    I am also worried that my payment went in vain... i dont understand who made such a vague statement about that important change without staying there to reply for questions (and here are dozens of them!)
    that is what I feared. but ideally it will go live soon. I am still debating if I will be able to go after gamora or if my weekend plans are going to get in the way so it would be nice if I could at least get some bonuses playing PVE today.