Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    To Jjshack said:
    I wonder how many people (like myself) didn't know for 1.99 you could not watch those atrocious ads for 28 days and still get the rewards?  They should have trumpeted that louder.  To me the time savings is definitely worth 1.99 a month, I'd have done it sooner.
    I believe that is a new addition. If I recall, it was previously only with active VIP. Now, with Intercepts disabled, it's become an "all monetary support" item.
    No, it was always any in-game purchase. People seem to have associated it with VIP because the ad-skipping lasted 28 days too.

It was also seen as something to make VIP better value​for money.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    Brigby can you confirm that people will get 1 month of free bonuses by just spending $1.99 per month? Or is there a minimum that must be spent, such as $10 per month (ie VIP)?
    @mpqr7 Yes. Any purchase will allow you to encounter Bonus Rewards.

pheregas said:
    Brigby

This feels like a fair way to distribute the bonuses to those that were denied them.  

I do have a follow-up question.  Will a mechanism be added into the game whereas a popup notification appears when a purchasers intercept-bonus time (for lack of a better phrase) will expire?

We get the notification that VIP will expire, but as I've reduced my pay-to-play down to $1.99 a month, my reminder was having to watch through one video a month to remind me to re-up.  With that video option going away, one day the extra prizes will just go away and I won't know in-game if it's because I wasn't lucky enough to get the handout, or if it was because my purchase time bonus expired.
    @pheregas Good question. I'll pass that idea along to the developers.

Brigby said:
    Yes. That should include basic VIP membership. As a VIP member, you will start seeing these Bonus Rewards occasionally after completing missions
    Basic VIP membership, do you plan on having extra special VIP membership Brigby ?
    @therightwaye Oh, I was just quoting the player's original comment. As of right now, I am not aware of any additional variations to the VIP membership.

@zulux21 I'm terribly sorry for that incident you encountered. We absolutely were not trying to trick Steam and Amazon users, as we were only made aware of this information this morning. A major benefit of these changes is the inclusion of Steam and Amazon users, and we were excited to finally be able to spread the rewards to those players, so I apologize for this negative experience following what we wanted to be optimistic news.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    zulux21 said:
    I wished the extra bonus had not been connected to DDQ, the portion of the game where multiple 4 stars and even 5 stars are required to participate. Sick of them hiding characters then demanding I have them for good rewards.
    uh.....
    5* aren't needed in DDQ period. In fact aside from top tier PVP playing 5* aren't required in the game anywhere.

as for 4*, those are only needed for a single node that nets you 2CP and lets you get the points to get an extra taco. That isn't changing with this.

the only thing required is a bunch of 3* so you can get the rewards every day (beyond the single 1 star and 2-3 2* you need to do the first 3 nodes)

I highly suggest that you go take a look at DDQ again as if that is your understanding of DDQ you are clearly missing out on a ton of rewards each day.
    We'll I have not been able to complete the last two portions of DDQ since their inception because I did not have all the  required characters and it has been weeks. I guess it was vaulting and not five stars for inability to finish the DDQ. My apologies.
    you only need a single 3* cover of the required character each day. If you are a new player I imagine there are a number of days you won't be able to do anything, but as long as you have some 3* on your roster you should be able to do some of them (assuming your roster is strong enough to handle the wave node)

Warbringa said:
    zulux21 said:

I mean really, why wouldn't you guys just wait for the update in general to roll this out to all users at once instead of misleading people and making steam (and amazon) users feel second class again?
    I wouldn't get too riled up about it zulux21.  I did the same thing today. I think they will have the ability to see that you are a VIP member and I imagine we will start getting rewards with the new patch since a VIP membership indicates a paying player.  Keep the big picture in perspective that the change is still really good long term for you.  You will miss out on four or five days of potential rewards but look at the bigger picture.  I bought a VIP to show I support their change in policy and yes rewards right away would have been nice but I can wait a few days too.  
    I know in the grand scheme of things it won't matter much.
    in fact I can easily say that had that updated information been in the original post it wouldn't have bothered me at all. I would have just waited a few days to buy VIP and likely continued to do so until their next big misstep.

it's the fact that it was added after the changes already went live that irks me. I still didn't have much goodwill for the company after the changes (lets say I went from 0 to a 3 or so after the changes as there are still a ton of other things that need fixing) but that late info dropped me back down to lets say a 1.

I tend to hold long grudges against any company that misleads me.
    For example I used to buy nearly every single Atlus release but after they lied about the catherine special edition (saying they were only making them to preorders and then had enough to keep them in stock on amazon for over a year despite the game crushing sales projections)  I don't buy any of their smaller releases anymore. it's kind of funny to look at my collection and see all the atlus titles and see the clear cut off date when I stopped buying them all.

I just don't appreciate, and have very little tolerance for being told one thing and the truth being something else at all. 

zodiac339 said:
    To Jjshack said:
    I wonder how many people (like myself) didn't know for 1.99 you could not watch those atrocious ads for 28 days and still get the rewards?  They should have trumpeted that louder.  To me the time savings is definitely worth 1.99 a month, I'd have done it sooner.
    I believe that is a new addition. If I recall, it was previously only with active VIP. Now, with Intercepts disabled, it's become an "all monetary support" item.

as far as I know it's always been the any purchase. obviously I can't be sure as I was never able to get them in the first place.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    xxxx said:

I wouldn't get too riled up about it ....  I did the same thing today. I think they will have the ability to see that you are a VIP member and I imagine we will start getting rewards with the new patch since a VIP membership indicates a paying player.  Keep the big picture in perspective that the change is still really good long term for you.  You will miss out on four or five days of potential rewards but look at the bigger picture.  I bought a VIP to show I support their change in policy and yes rewards right away would have been nice but I can wait a few days too.  
    Thank goodness Warbringa replied directly instead of myself. I can only imagine being a co-worker with some of the posters on the boards...
    OK so if you bought the VIP a few/several days earlier than you will be receiving the bonuses, please don't forget one thing... You now have VIP benefits!!!   You are buying the Happy Meal, not the toy. Eesh.

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @mpqr7 Yes. Any purchase will allow you to encounter Bonus Rewards.

Purchases since when? I made one during 18th May and then i heard no bonus rewards yet... despite of the fact, that DDQ rewards were updated. Oh and it is 19th May for me - when can we expect bonus rewards to come online?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It looks like the bonus rewards started kicking in for me - the 14 PvE matches I won prior to 2:30 PM EST yielded no bonus rewards (VIP, iOS). After 2:30 PM I played 10 PvE matches and received four bonus rewards. Interestingly, they're still called SHIELD Intercepts on the victory screen. 

Heroic Token, Elite Token, 500 ISO, 500 ISO.

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thanks for the extra DDQ rewards.

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    xxxx said:

I wouldn't get too riled up about it ....  I did the same thing today. I think they will have the ability to see that you are a VIP member and I imagine we will start getting rewards with the new patch since a VIP membership indicates a paying player.  Keep the big picture in perspective that the change is still really good long term for you.  You will miss out on four or five days of potential rewards but look at the bigger picture.  I bought a VIP to show I support their change in policy and yes rewards right away would have been nice but I can wait a few days too.  
    Thank goodness Warbringa replied directly instead of myself. I can only imagine being a co-worker with some of the posters on the boards...
    OK so if you bought the VIP a few/several days earlier than you will be receiving the bonuses, please don't forget one thing... You now have VIP benefits!!!   You are buying the Happy Meal, not the toy. Eesh.

You say this like I actually care about the VIP benefits at all >.>
    I mostly bought the VIP to support the company to say I liked the new changes.
    only to find out they mislead me and thus become unhappy with them again as I don't like being mislead.
    and quite frankly the intercept rewards are going to have more value than the VIP rewards over the course of the month. I mean I have 129 roster spots and over 2k HP in my bank so the HP really doesn't matter much. the legendary tokens might net me something of use but gwenpool really really likes to give me her black cover (if I could cover all the covers my gwenpool would be something like 6/12/1) and I did in fact get a black gwenpool cover for the token lol. the iso will easily be outclassed by intercepts ect.

but again, that isn't the reason I am irked, it's because they didn't let people know before the changes went live despite saying it would go live for everyone today. If people don't voice that they don't like something they won't know that someone doesn't like something :P
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It looks like the bonus rewards started kicking in for me - the 14 PvE matches I won prior to 2:30 PM EST yielded no bonus rewards (VIP, iOS). After 2:30 PM I played 10 PvE matches and received four bonus rewards. Interestingly, they're still called SHIELD Intercepts on the victory screen. 

Heroic Token, Elite Token, 500 ISO, 500 ISO.

Platform?
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This seems like a solid move.  It sucks a bit for FTP players, but flaky ads and leaving out Steam players wasn't cool.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bishop said:
    For a person who's put lots of cash into this game there shouldn't be any advertisements anyway! (Atleast for me) No, im not one of those guys who puts thousands into the game but at what point is the game paid for? 

A ps4 game cost around $60 bucks and it's yours. This game costs ??? How much and it's yours?
    How many times do you have to see a movie in theaters before they hand you your free DVD?

You're not paying for a product, you're paying for a service. 
    The reason theres ads is becuase it's a free to play. If a player has paid/supported the game they shouldn't see ads...ever! For a player who hasn't put a dime into the game..well lol ads are usually how it's done for those players, but not for the paying or have paid. It's not good business to force the buyer/supporter into ads trust me. Punishing a long time supporter because they didn't pay there VIP this month is bad business.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bishop said:
    The reason theres ads is becuase it's a free to play. If a player has paid/supported the game they shouldn't see ads...ever! For a player who hasn't put a dime into the game..well lol ads are usually how it's done for those players, but not for the paying or have paid. It's not good business to force the buyer/supporter into ads trust me. Punishing a long time supporter because they didn't pay there VIP this month is bad business.
    Not sure what you're getting at here. At no point were you paying to permanently remove ads.

This sounds like something you'd be better off posting in the Suggestions and Feedback forum. Or it would have been, except that they removed the ads for everyone already. So... problem solved?
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bishop said:
    Not sure what you're getting at here. At no point were you paying to permanently remove ads.

This sounds like something you'd be better off posting in the Suggestions and Feedback forum. Or it would have been, except that they removed the ads for everyone already. So... problem solved?
    My point is there never should of been ads in the first place (except for the ones who never have paid a dime). Removed only becuase it's a bugged feature. When this game first came out there wasn't any ads, ads was added later. Which is probably why it's so buggy.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there no end to D3's communication incompetence? I purchased VIP today as a steam user excited that I would be finally receiving intercepts (having missed out on at least 6 months of it totaling to well over 1 million iso, not to mention other rewards) in anticipation of grinding for a new character. Lo and behold a stealth update later in the day tells me that I'm a bozo for having assumed anything. I even checked the Deadpool daily rewards before I purchased VIP, which was updated. Get your **** together.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Missing out on 3 to 6 more days of potential bonuses really stinks, I agree with those of you stating this.  It represents a very low % of the total you've missed altogether though of course.
    They could do a lot of things better, but the big picture is starting to look like this move is getting people to buy into small purchases, or VIP, more than ever. This is very good for the longevity of the game and for the player base as a whole.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The issue I have with this is that you have to pay monthly (even 2$ - since it gives me nothing in return). I have supported this game in the past (not sure how much - about 40-60$ I think). That is on the level of what I pay for PS4 games. I shouldn't be requested to pay a monthly fee not to see adds - this should be a one time operation. In most online games you get the add free version for about 5$. I believe I am over that limit.

I have stopped supporting the game with money for two reasons. 1 - I've payed enough for one game and 2. I don't like the direction the game has taken (and I still enjoy the general gameplay so I keep going). Every decision in last couple of months have affected me negatively. Even the extra rewards in PvE mean I have to grind more when we all were begging to get something done so we grind less.

Now my resources took a hit meaning my enjoyment of the game will go down. It will not prompt me to pay, even 2$. 
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Magic said:
    The issue I have with this is that you have to pay monthly (even 2$ - since it gives me nothing in return). I have supported this game in the past (not sure how much - about 40-60$ I think). That is on the level of what I pay for PS4 games. I shouldn't be requested to pay a monthly fee not to see adds - this should be a one time operation. In most online games you get the add free version for about 5$. I believe I am over that limit.

I have stopped supporting the game with money for two reasons. 1 - I've payed enough for one game and 2. I don't like the direction the game has taken (and I still enjoy the general gameplay so I keep going). Every decision in last couple of months have affected me negatively. Even the extra rewards in PvE mean I have to grind more when we all were begging to get something done so we grind less.

Now my resources took a hit meaning my enjoyment of the game will go down. It will not prompt me to pay, even 2$. 

This, word for word, matches my views on the matter exactly. Included what you write about PS4 games. Just the other day I bought DOOM for 15 Euros, including all DLC, in a sale. That is much better value for money than 1.5 months of VIP rewards, I'm afraid. At least from my perspective.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And again people are comparing a one-and-done purchase of "normal" games with the F2P business model.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am just saying that this perk should go to everybody who have supported the game, not only the ones who decide to do it every month. One of the reasons I don't want to spend the 2$ now is that I don't like the direction of change but by spending I will justify it. So i'd rather not have the resources than justify the course the game is taking.