Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

why would you even assume that they changed that?
    they added stuff to DDQ to compensate the free users who will no longer get intercepts. it wouldn't be surprising if they looked at the 3k iso and 10 hp and go... that is 6 rewards so... 20 minus 6 is 12. that is the new limit.

(yes I know 20 - 6 = 14)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Here's today's figures, for once I decided to track Moon's rewards.  It comes from Daily Deadpool, a few nodes at the end of Sub 2 of The Hunt, and 4 clears of Sub 3 of The Hunt.

Nothing - 39

500 ISO - 5

1000 ISO - 3

10 HP - 1

Elite token - 2

50 eligible nodes, 11 rewards.  I don't know if 20 is the upper limit, but at this reward rate I'd have to clear nearly 100 to get that, and there aren't that many available in a day.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    20 was the theoretical max before, I'm sure GrimSkald can give us his numbers - they'll probably average out at about 10-12 because that's what I've been getting per 24 hour period.

Same after the change.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's Saturday, I have time, so I just did another test of bonus rewards using my Steam account.

Daily Deadpool (6 nodes), 4 clears of sub 1 of Deadpool vs. MPQ (40 nodes), for a total of 46.

Results are:
    Nothing - 41
    Elite token - 2
    Heroic token - 1
    500 ISO - 2

<sigh>

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I know is that I haven't received a single 2000 iso since the change. 1000 iso about every other day. Odds might be the same, they have might have been changed too. I dunno.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a 2000 last night, but only 5 or so for the day. Been averaging 10-11 during 24h subs, but mostly 500 with the odd 1000 when I get iso. Elites mainly from token rewards, but a couple heroic. Mostly 10 HP from those, but a couple 25s.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have gotten a lot of rewards even a few Command point rewards.  Since the messages says for your support I am wondering if frequency may be tied to recent purchase history.  There is no reason for them not to.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    smkspy said:
    All I know is that I haven't received a single 2000 iso since the change. 1000 iso about every other day. Odds might be the same, they have might have been changed too. I dunno.
    100%, absolutely no if's, and's or but's about it--they changed the drop rate for bonus rewards from when they were shield intercepts. No one can tell me differently (giving D3 the stink eye). I have not received a single 2k ISO rewards, which I used to get on a daily basis. 1k ISO rewards are about every other day. Mostly I get 10hp, tokens, or 500 ISO.

Would be nice if they would just come out and say "Yeah, we changed it." Because they did.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Oh absolutely, I'm getting the same, which is a major bummer. I hate their nondisclosure nerfs. 
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just the other day I was thinking I hadn't seen a 2k bonus in a while, then that afternoon I got 3 of them within 15 minutes. 2 of them were from consecutive nodes.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just got a shield intercept from the strange sights vault. Was something changed to allow this to happen? I could have sworn you can't get intercepts from vaults.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got one a few weeks ago too. Until I saw your post, I thought I must have imagined it. I pulled a 2* Hawkeye cover and got a bonus of ... something.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Same here, I got one from a previous event vault and thought I had gone crazy. like the 2000 iso, guess it is the super rare trigger.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Of the 10 a day on average I now receive (down by 5 on average) I get five 500 iso the worst possible "reward"
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Think I've seen 1 2000 iso since the change.  They've definitely scaled down the number (and quality) of rewards.  No one can convince me it isn't by design.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Think I've seen 1 2000 iso since the change.  They've definitely scaled down the number (and quality) of rewards.  No one can convince me it isn't by design.
    I'm going to have to second this. The number of rewards definitely seems to be less. While clearing The Orb of Agamotto I probably got 3-4 rewards going through 4x clears for each node.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Which ticks me off cause we're literally paying for these rewards. Before it was for the convenience of skipping ads, but now anyone making a continual monthly purchase is essentially paying for these extra rewards and they've been nerfed, once again without a word from the devs.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Which ticks me off cause we're literally paying for these rewards. Before it was for the convenience of skipping ads, but now anyone making a continual monthly purchase is essentially paying for these extra rewards and they've been nerfed, once again without a word from the devs.
    And it's the second nerf to prizes (first nerf was the one which introduced elite tokens and 1000 iso rewards into the reward pool)

But of course, they can always say that "we didn't purchase bonus rewards, we purchased the other **** which is way less value for money"

(Maybe they'd phrase it differently :p)
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just proves that decision not to pay was a smart one. I would be frustrated if I had payed and the frequency of the bonus rewards would not match the one i've got from intercepts. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.