Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The resources that players are able to receive from Bonus Rewards are the same as the ones from S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts:

1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic token, 1 Elite Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, 10 Hero Points, or 250 Iso-8.
    @Brigby sorry in advance if you've said this. Are those going to be available up to 20 times a day as well?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby I think there's an error in that list - when the rewards were revised to include an Elite instead of a Standard token, the 250 iso reward was replaced by 500 iso.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @granne

Nice catch! I've corrected it to show the updated 500 Iso-8

@Beer40

Good question! To my knowledge, not a lot has changed from when they used to be S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts, however I have relayed that question to the developers to double check.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @granne

Nice catch! I've corrected it to show the updated 500 Iso-8

@Beer40

Good question! To my knowledge, not a lot has changed from when they used to be S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts, however I have relayed that question to the developers to double check.
    I think all people really want to know is if there is the same limit as before, and if prizes are going to come out at the same rates as before.

though I wouldn't be surprised if the rates are slightly decreased or the limit is moved down to 15 instead of 20 given the extra resources in DDQ. That being said it would still be best if it just worked like it used to.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There definitely has been a decrease of shield intercepts. One day I only got 4 shield intercepts. Was very very disappointed!  :(:'( 

Didn't want to renew VIP because of that.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby
    Thanks for the answer. In that case I hope I just had a streak of bad luck and some 1000/2000 iso rewards are just around the corner. 
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    There definitely has been a decrease of shield intercepts. One day I only got 4 shield intercepts. Was very very disappointed!  :(:'( 

Didn't want to renew VIP because of that.
    i'm getting one about every 3-4 matches, and have gotten 7 so far.
    5 500iso
    1 10hp 
    1 heroic token.

haven't a clue if this is fast or not as I have never had them before.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've completed 2 nodes and got 2 bonuses...are they with every win? Or every node completion?

Or is it entirely random and I was just lucky?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've completed 2 nodes and got 2 bonuses...are they with every win? Or every node completion?

Or is it entirely random and I was just lucky?
    The more you get in a day, the lower your chance of getting another reward. Up to a theoretical max of 20.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @Dragon_Nexus

The 1st Story mission completed each day is guaranteed to give a Bonus Reward, but any Bonus Rewards after that are technically a roll of the dice. Seems you got lucky! :)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    @Brigby

A suggestion. Maybe either create a new sticky topic explaining the bonus system for those who either weren't here to see the intercepts update, or add info to the front page of *this* topic explaining how the system rewards you.

As a Steam user I paid no attention to the whole thing once it launched since I knew it wouldn't affect me. Having the information in a quickly accessable place would be nifty =)
  • Brigby
    Options
    @Dragon_Nexus

Pretty much all of the game's information can be found on our Helpshift page. For the specific section pertaining to Bonus Rewards, you can find that HERE
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've seen at least one of all of the rewards since the change, including 100 HP, 1 CP, and 2000 ISO.  It does seem to be a lot more 500 ISO rewards than before, but every little bit helps.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Dragon_Nexus

Pretty much all of the game's information can be found on our Helpshift page. For the specific section pertaining to Bonus Rewards, you can find that HERE
    Then maybe those links should be placed on the first post. UI design is like dolphin extermination - the fewer clicks the better.

The more effort someone has to go through to find the information, the less likely they are to find it. Simply posting those on the front page of a topic talking about the changes would give immediate information to the player =)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    Brigby said:
    @Dragon_Nexus

Then maybe those links should be placed on the first post. UI design is like dolphin extermination - the fewer clicks the better.

The more effort someone has to go through to find the information, the less likely they are to find it. Simply posting those on the front page of a topic talking about the changes would give immediate information to the player =)
    The question everyone wants an answer to remains unanswered:
    how many Bonus Rewards can you potentially get / day?
    If I'm not mistaken, with Intercept there was a total of 20 / day.
    why would you even assume that they changed that?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought they drastically changed the odds of getting intercepts.  I went through all of DDQ and most of a full 4 clears on Florida getting progressively more angry because I hadn't received a single one before I realized that I needed to make another purchase.  

@Brigby - there is in game notice about renewing VIP, but if you're not VIP and just make regular purchases there is no in game notice that your time has run out.  They should look into changing that.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    The question everyone wants an answer to remains unanswered:
    how many Bonus Rewards can you potentially get / day?
    If I'm not mistaken, with Intercept there was a total of 20 / day.
    why would you even assume that they changed that?

Why would you assume they wouldn't change it and in any case, it doesn't hurt to get it confirmed one way or the other after all.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @udonomefoo

I've already relayed that request along to the developers, so they're definitely aware of it :)
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @udonomefoo

I've already relayed that request along to the developers, so they're definitely aware of it :)
    Thanks.  I figured there was a good chance this had already been brought up.