Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So VIP members will still get rewards as if we were still getting the signal intercepts, correct?  If so, will the rewards still be the same?

Everyone will get more rewards from DDQ now, whether they're VIP or not, correct?
     It's a mystery to me. We'll find out tomorrow!
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nice move! Thanks.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    oh my... my purchase ban is perhaps going to be up as I refused to spend a penny as long as steam users were constantly being screwed by this.

I mean though by your own admission steam users have been missing out on what 3k iso and 10HP a day (aka your adjustment to DDQ) so it sure would be grand to get that balanced out >.>

I know it won't happen but hey at least I can actually get the same rewards as everyone else by being a VIP.

I mean in general I like supporting you guys. I play enough that I feel you deserve some money.

note: I am a day 1230 player, who is known to constantly get distracted while playing MPQ. My actual play time is likely closer to 1500 hours but still lol.

that being said.... if steam  users get screwed over again I will again happily stop spending money to support you as it's the only way I can easily send any sort of reliable message.

either way, count me as someone happy with this.
    now since we are on the subject of changes... when are we going to get a new update about deadpool tacos changing?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did I read between the lines correctly on this? "We can't make our ads feature work right, so no one is going to pay us to advertise for them anymore. Thus we've decided to make sure paying customers still retain bonus rewards, so hopefully enough free players will make purchases to mitigate all that lost ad revenue". 

It's cool with me, I pay to play...but it doesn't seem like a good scenario for the longevity of the game.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems like a good move.  The extra resources from interceots had become an important aspect of play, so just losing them would be bad.  But the implementation of intercepts fragmented the playerbase and created a substantially different experience for different platforms.

This solution seems like a win/win(-ish) sokution.  It keeps the now standard base level of resources for players, retains an incentive for player purchases with bonus rewards, and brings steam players into true parity with mobile.  I just hope the lost revenue from advertisers isn't later re-captured by higher prices for players somewhere else.  

But this move deserves some praise for demi and d3 from us players.  So thanks!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    and brings steam players into true parity with mobile. 
    well only if the facebook stuff is still broken. if not steam users are still behind like 500-1000 iso per day >.>

but the shield intercept stuff was a much bigger issues so I stopped paying attention to facebook stuff lol.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zulux21 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    and brings steam players into true parity with mobile. 
    well only if the facebook stuff is still broken. if not steam users are still behind like 500-1000 iso per day >.>

but the shield intercept stuff was a much bigger issues so I stopped paying attention to facebook stuff lol.
    LOL, then I guess it is true parity, cuz FB is still broken. At least for Amazon players :).
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I for one am very upset by this change. Are you really going to be giving something to those sub-human mouthbreathing Steam players!? It's a literal kick in the nuts and slap in the face! LITERALLY! BOYCOTT!!!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So VIP members will still get rewards as if we were still getting the signal intercepts, correct?  If so, will the rewards still be the same?

Everyone will get more rewards from DDQ now, whether they're VIP or not, correct?
    Correct. VIP (or even people who just buy one of the $1.99 bundles each month) will get access to bonus rewards (which I understand to mean the Elite/Heroic tokens and CP; I don't know if the HP/ISO will also be an option in the bonus rewards, or if THAT bit of it is getting parted out to DDQ exclusively).

DDQ will have an extra 3000 ISO and 10 HP in the progression rewards every day beginning with Thursday's DDQ.

That 10 HP/day means that there may come a day when my HP total is again a multiple of 100 without having to wait for the next 30% HP bonus!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, huh.  Can't say I was ever expecting this.  Nice.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As a Steam user & a cash contributor, pure-goodness for me.  :)
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This comes by surprise after total silence from D3 about this topic for long time. And of course as Steam/VIP player I appreciate it very much, thanks a lot!
    It would have been the big hit though if they grandfathered 1 Mio ISO (just guessed amount) to Steam Players so we are all on even ground now after all we missed, but you can't have it all... ;)
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No vids, more rewards and even more rewards if supporting ?
    Just one word to describe this update: AWESOME
  • Sykosonik
    Sykosonik Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been throwing 1.99 once a month for the last 3 months and this change just means more HP and ISO coming my way.

THUMBS UP, DEVS! 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Appreciated.
  • regald
    regald Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Another Thanks from a steam user.  Seriously thought about status change from f2p to vip :)
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As iOS user i got no intercept since mid january ( zero each day), after last update (the one that broke iOS save) had them again, about 7-8 each day and now are gone for everyone? XD (ofc not for paying customers)

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope we will still receive plenty of tokens after story missions then. The elite and heroic tokens were great for my 2* farm and the CP all added up. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given how long they have already had to implement something for steam users, it seems fairly clear that the issues with the ads have been costing them money and they have decided that it is simpler to drive more sales at the low end to offset those losses rather than trying to help anyone.

Quite a cunning plan really, once you reach a certain level of roster progression there is very little benefit to low-level spending, you either need to be fairly whaley or you might as well just be f2p instead, whereas in a stroke they have boosted sales. Hopefully, they don't take the next step and decide that the additional rewards have a threshold to kick in that requires spending of a VIP or more per month excluding the cheapest couple of purchases.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am happy for Steam users but defenitely UNHAPPY for me because due to intercepts I was able to collect  4-6000 iso per day plus elite and heroic tokens, HP and even cp....now only 3000iso  :'(