Hollowpoint Kiss Apr. 23 - Apr. 25 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Dramatic night in my bracket. FlatAffect apparently forgot to reshield and dropped from 1100 to 800. He's fought his way back to 940 but it looks like Jachdo might win it by default.
  • My bracket was looking pretty dull, but has started to move a little, but not much. Two of us from my alliance are sitting top 5, and top 10 is still under 800. 3rd-10th is a spread of 821 to 778, so if a few people push it may change, but currently there's only one unshielded in there. I shielded with a little less than 8 hours to go at 796, got hit by a few retaliations, and one who lost which pushed me up to the 800 reward. So thanks whoever that was. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • He's back in the lead now, barely. That must have been some grind.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People really want those Thors. Shielded a couple hours ago in 4th, but just got bumped down to 11th. Had to unshield for two quick wins to get up to 6th. We'll see if I have to unshield again.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This one has definitely been tougher than the last few events. I hit the 141 wall with about 750 points so shielded up, dropped from 5th to 11th so I popped out to rack up a few wins but lost to a cascade/Patch fest. Luckily the matchup gods gave me a few favorable opponents and I jumped back up to 4th before re shielding. Hoping to hold top 10 to take my FaThor to 1/4/5.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Last match took about a minute to long as I fell to 53rd with 5 minutes left, so I just missed a Thor cover
  • Gee, what a grind... I used 4x 3hrs shields - winning 1 good fight and shielding again. a couple of mins later I received info about 1-3 attacks. Very tense!

Managed to reach 1k with last push and I think I won my bracket. But when I think that last a couple of tourney I leisurely went for 1100 (while not needing progression cover and/or being #1), this was surely something different.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Gee, what a grind... I used 4x 3hrs shields - winning 1 good fight and shielding again. a couple of mins later I received info about 1-3 attacks. Very tense!

Managed to reach 1k with last push and I think I won my bracket. But when I think that last a couple of tourney I leisurely went for 1100 (while not needing progression cover and/or being #1), this was surely something different.
    Everybody wants that lazy thor. I sure wanted. I spent over 300 HP.
  • Well done guys. Think we had over 5 people who got to 1300+. 5dv you guys as always pushed us hard could you guys for once not make it so tense icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wade66 wrote:
    Last match took about a minute to long as I fell to 53rd with 5 minutes left, so I just missed a Thor cover

What was that text in the too late point screen? I've missed it twice now in my haste.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Gee, what a grind... I used 4x 3hrs shields - winning 1 good fight and shielding again. a couple of mins later I received info about 1-3 attacks. Very tense!

You were in my bracket, it was tense from an outside view so I can't imagine how it was to be locked into that battle. Kept seeing lead changes. Looked like your #1 was substantial last I checked though.
  • Phew. We're back to normal now with SHIELD back on top.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • finished this one with 1308. BOOM. icon_cool.gif
    I hit you once in the last minute.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    finished this one with 1308. BOOM. icon_cool.gif

I remember seeing your name on there. I literally got the invis woman cover and shielded right up with less than 4 minutes left.

In those 4 minutes I was attacked something like 7-8 times for losses of 40-50 each. Real lucky timing finishing that last match and getting a shield up! WHEW!
    Glad you got the Invisible Woman. I had you queued, and apparently so did everybody else. I really wanted 1000 pts but a few pts shy.
  • MikeyMan wrote:

I remember seeing your name on there. I literally got the invis woman cover and shielded right up with less than 4 minutes left.

In those 4 minutes I was attacked something like 7-8 times for losses of 40-50 each. Real lucky timing finishing that last match and getting a shield up! WHEW!

Oh hey you're on the forums.

Out of sheer curiosity, what's the thought process in shielding in the SHIELD simulator?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    edit: wrong thread lol
  • Hooray, top 10 with 809! I think that goes for a casual bracket these days. Had to cave and used some hp on healthpacks to jump up. That's what you get for spending your time in a bar.
  • jozier wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:

Oh hey you're on the forums.

Out of sheer curiosity, what's the thought process in shielding in the SHIELD simulator?

quoting this to hopefully figure this out too. I can only imagine how quickly he will get hit to 1000 by the time he unshields. Also, if the player "Goddangit" is on the forums. man you really made me push for the win on this one! Thanks to beezer and bubbleboy who I had saved up in two nodes for giving me the points needed to win with 6 min left, hope you guys were still shielded! icon_e_smile.gif