Hollowpoint Kiss Apr. 23 - Apr. 25 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    So far Castle & Parker work well together with BW. I assume it's the handguns.
    I'm comin' western style!

That makes me think that an interesting/quirky/whatever type of tournament could be "buffed guns" (or buffed <blank>). Would certainly require a little bit more breadth to the character pool.
    So no specific heroes are buffed, just the abilities that use guns. So Hood's Yellow but not his Black; Punisher's Red, maybe Green, but not Black; etc.
    Buffed Claws could include Wolverines, Black Panther and maybe 3* Daken.

And of course, Buffed Snarky Remarks would be used to highlight Bagman (and Deadpool when he joins the game).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    So much for trying to enter at an odd time, davecazz is in my bracket icon_e_biggrin.gif I guess 5DV and S.H.I.E.L.D will duke it out between the two of them for 500 HP.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I joined an hour ago, by the time Rags LR started, hoping that it's the time where all the hardcores are farming ISO. I need only top10 though, but with Season open i'll make a push for higher points.

So far Castle & Parker work well together with BW. I assume it's the handguns.
    I'm comin' western style!
    Psy...talk about a one year wonder. Haven't heard his song in a whole year. All about thy what does the fox say as "weird song played" ...sure thier is something even.more recent..I never keep up with fades, which is why I don't try lol
  • Doragon wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Of course yellow is an alliance reward and red is a top 10 only reward. The changes to the reward structure in the past month just suck.

O.O Isn't Red the least sought after one?

Green was the top 50 reward when Lazyfata$$Thor was released and that was the only cover I won. I don't remember the reward structure of the Thor event, but I believe Red was given out to Top 10 (or Top 20?) and Yellow was given out to the Top 100 alliances.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Of course yellow is an alliance reward and red is a top 10 only reward. The changes to the reward structure in the past month just suck.

Green was the top 50 reward when Lazyfata$$Thor was released and that was the only cover I won. I don't remember the reward structure of the Thor event, but I believe Red was given out to Top 10 (or Top 20?) and Yellow was given out to the Top 100 alliances.

It was Top 100 G, Top 20 YG, Top 10 RYG. At that point of time there were no alliances yet. Doesn't change the fact that most people go for 3/5/5 and you'll need 2 less Red covers anyway.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I only ended up at 0/1/3 after the intro and Heroic Juggernauts, so I will definitely be shooting for Top 10.
  • Mine's at 0/3/4, and they've gone and made the red the hardest one to get again. Hopefully my bracket will allow me to get a top ten (managed top 5 somehow in Army of One).
  • Doragon wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

It was Top 100 G, Top 20 YG, Top 10 RYG. At that point of time there were no alliances yet. Doesn't change the fact that most people go for 3/5/5 and you'll need 2 less Red covers anyway.

Thank you. I was obviously wrong and didn't remember correctly. I wasn't sure what the rewards were, but I knew that Green was the easier one to get.

Regardless of what might be the best build, Red and Yellow remain the more difficult covers to aquire again.
  • i'm hoping for a weak bracket to grab the xforce. otherwise it's just season points and hp for me, since i only need the yellow.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    another event i must grind only for alliance purpose... useless covers (i can't understand why they still give LT covers after the venom fest)...it becomes tedious.. icon_cry.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    useless covers (i can't understand why they still give LT covers after the venom fest)...
    ...what?
    Unless you got really lucky with token pulls and/or spent HP on his covers, your LT is sitting pretty at 3/3/3 at the most.
    I'd go so far as to say that LT covers are the most desired prizes at the moment.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    useless covers (i can't understand why they still give LT covers after the venom fest)...
    ...what?
    Unless you got really lucky with token pulls and/or spent HP on his covers, your LT is sitting pretty at 3/3/3 at the most.
    I'd go so far as to say that LT covers are the most desired prizes at the moment.

Agreed, there are only 4 characters I need covers for in the game.
    HT 10/13
    Loki 9/10
    DareDevil 10/13
    LT 7/13

LT is by far my most needed covers. HT is relatively new and I just never cared enough to get my Loki/DD covers.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I joined an hour ago, by the time Rags LR started, hoping that it's the time where all the hardcores are farming ISO.

I decided to give this a go and join a bracket during the magneto LR. OH MY how it worked from what i see. Number 1 has over 400 points and 10th has 300 and something but nobody i recognize, and the highest level in the top 10 rosters is a Hulk 89 and most of the others highest are 50's.

I'll look again in an hour or so and i'll probably see TheLadder in 1st.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    ...what?

I think he mixed up Lazy Thor and Lazy Cap.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I joined an hour ago, by the time Rags LR started, hoping that it's the time where all the hardcores are farming ISO.

I decided to give this a go and join a bracket during the magneto LR. OH MY how it worked from what i see. Number 1 has over 400 points and 10th has 300 and something but nobody i recognize, and the highest level in the top 10 rosters is a Hulk 89 and most of the others highest are 50's.

I'm checking the boards occasionally and so far no known nicknames icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I'm checking the boards occasionally and so far no known nicknames icon_e_smile.gif

You lucky ducks. I got arognt bastard in mine. Well I'll have fun pushing someone I know for first for a change. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

Doesn't matter to me this time - since I don't even need the red cover, top 25 would be enough.
    It's more about the points this time, or rather from here on out - it's not enough to get the ranking in the PVP which you need, there's also the season score and of course the alliance score for top 100 _and_ the season score for alliances to consider.
    So those outside of the 25 top alliances have a new goal for the next 25 days - get at least 1000 in each and every PVP to try to get their alliance into the top 100 range.

I expect some massive, massive burnout in the coming weeks - it's one thing to casually play up to 1000 because it's fun and a whole other thing to _have_ to do it in every tourney because those points are needed.
    Up until now that was only for the top 5 or so alliances to see who'll be able to dethrone S.H.I.E.L.D, but this season thing is a whole other level.
    Yes, it's "only" a purple Nick Fury cover, but we all know that seasons 2 and 3 will feature his other colours, don't we?

Sorry, I know I'm whining a lot today and this is even OT in here, but I really dislike all those changes and wonder where we are going with this.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I am determined to get these Lazy Thor covers...I need a red and two yellows.

Myself and tibonxpac of the Power Cosmic alliance have run away from the pack. I am shielded at 932, they are at 914, and the rest of the top 10 at 550 and lower.

Lots of time left in the event though. This may be the first time I break 1000 in a pvp. I don't think I've done it before, but most events eventually become a blur to me.
  • Just got to 600 and so my 2* covers are now complete icon_e_smile.gif 58 covers left, including only 8 4* covers.

Hood and Punisher and GSBW work really well together. shame that until about 500pts I totally forgot that there is the dessert node... icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    ...what?

I think he mixed up Lazy Thor and Lazy Cap.
    Oooops.. I didnt pay attention.. icon_mrgreen.gif