Hollowpoint Kiss Apr. 23 - Apr. 25 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:
    So who do you all run with GSBW ?

Last time around I used Hulk and Spidey and was pretty bored to tears (don't like using Spidey until I see 200 level goons)

I like Spidey/punisher. Can't have unused AP lurking around!

They are my three 141's and they are going to get a workout. Lazy Thor covers are this holidays "must have" item and I must have them.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Oh how the mighty have fallen, GSBW used to be Tier 1 with Rag back in the day. It was match red twice, spam Thunderclap, Sniper Rifle, and next match.

I still have a real soft spot for GSBW. On offense, I think she's still pretty badass and it was only until very recently that I bumped her from my A-team for 3* Thor.
  • oh where are the OBW defensive teams lol. Love this event for that one reason
  • LazyThor! Yes! I just got red cover from Standard Token, so after this tourney he'll be at amazing 122! icon_e_biggrin.gif

And most importantly.... 600pts Progression Reward: Black Daken! The only ** I miss!
    1334975455283.jpg
    beemand2g wrote:
    oh where are the OBW defensive teams lol. Love this event for that one reason
    no OBW, I keep on forgetting that... I'm still not sure who to choose, beyond Punisher obviously. Hood? Mr Rogers? My GSBW is at lvl55 (she'll get 5 more levels) and fully covered 535.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    no OBW, I keep on forgetting that... I'm still not sure who to choose, beyond Punisher obviously. Hood? Mr Rogers? My GSBW is at lvl55 (she'll get 5 more levels) and fully covered 535.
    Hood. Of course. That is the only possible answer. Always.
  • I got BP and LT. it's aoe's all the way round now that the ap thief is down. Cap is good fit but the a.i. wont play him well enough.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm running hood and Thor in this so yellow makes green purple makes green and hood steals green. All around I get to make a cots with almost any colour.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Hood. Of course. That is the only possible answer. Always.

Now how did I know that would be your suggestion? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Running patch and cmag because I like to try out different team composition (sarcasm)
  • Need 2 green. Could use that last red xforce though so ill probably just try and start my season off with a bang and try and grab first.
  • so i bought google play credit today to finally max level my 1* heroes that i actually use (MBW IM35 and M storm) so i'll probably do this event soon just for iso and rank as high as i can so i can now work on my 2* can only get Astonishing Wolverine to 53 and Modern Hawkeye to 48. Need to get more covers for my other 2* so they aren't stuck in the 6-31 range

and i spent some extra hero points i bought on new hero and got X force Wolvie. Now I need to work on obtaining him from events xD which i know will take ages to get but good thing im not desperate to get him powered up.
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    Haven't seen a thread for this. Mostly copy/pasted from the last Widow Event.

Rewards:

1. Red X-Force and all rewards from the previous rank
    2-5. Modern Thor Red and Green, 3000 ISO, 100 HP
    6-10. Modern Thor Red and Green, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
    11-25. Modern Thor Green, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
    26-50. Modern Thor Green, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
    51-100. Black Widow Black, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
    101-150. Black Widow Black, 1000 ISO, 25 HP
    151-200. Black Widow Black, 500 ISO

Progression Rewards:

50. 500 ISO
    300. Recruit Token – Widow’s bite
    500. 500 ISO
    600. Daken Black
    700. 500 ISO
    800. 1000 ISO
    900. 50 HP
    1000. 1000 ISO
    1100. GSBW green
    1200. 1000 ISO
    1300. IW Green

Alliance rewards:

1. Modern Thor Yellow, 2000 ISO, 500 HP
    2-50. Modern Thor Yellow, 2000 ISO, 100 HP
    51-100. Modern Thor Yellow, 2000 ISO, 50 HP
    101-250. 1500 ISO, 50 HP
    251-500. 1000 ISO, 50 HP

Of course yellow is an alliance reward and red is a top 10 only reward. The changes to the reward structure in the past month just suck.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    I got BP and LT. it's aoe's all the way round now that the ap thief is down. Cap is good fit but the a.i. wont play him well enough.
    Yep, same here. I'm looking forward to not seeing a flood of L85 OBW's in my nodes. CtS-Rage smackdown FTW.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    so i bought google play credit today to finally max level my 1* heroes that i actually use (MBW IM35 and M storm) so i'll probably do this event soon just for iso and rank as high as i can so i can now work on my 2* can only get Astonishing Wolverine to 53 and Modern Hawkeye to 48. Need to get more covers for my other 2* so they aren't stuck in the 6-31 range
    Congrats on maxing your 1* team. You'll be using them until you've got a couple 2* characters above L60. MStorm is still useful even for 3* players.
    Pamizard wrote:
    and i spent some extra hero points i bought on new hero and got X force Wolvie. Now I need to work on obtaining him from events xD which i know will take ages to get but good thing im not desperate to get him powered up.
    I'm not familiar with how the 1*->2* transition feels after the 2*-cover-reward nerf, but I wouldn't spend any HP on tokens. Spend HP on roster slots. The covers will come to you.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    so i bought google play credit today to finally max level my 1* heroes that i actually use (MBW IM35 and M storm) so i'll probably do this event soon just for iso and rank as high as i can so i can now work on my 2* can only get Astonishing Wolverine to 53 and Modern Hawkeye to 48. Need to get more covers for my other 2* so they aren't stuck in the 6-31 range

Terrible, terrible idea. Just do lighting rounds and the standard tokens should get you the 1* covers in a week
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:

I swear, you find more and more ways to spend your resources in a wrong way.
    Have you finished Prologue yet? Prologue alone could help you max your 1*s and get covers for some good 2*s. Never buy ISO, because the conversion rate is horrible. (Unless you make 20 bucks an hour or something.) Maybe only if there's a sale going on.
    HP is for roster slots at this stage. Nothing else. No token buying, no cover buying. Shields are not to spend on unless you can reliably hit at least top 50. That X-Force? He's the worst hero for his presumed power level. If a Wolverine tourney comes again, you'd better use Astonishing Wolverine because X-Force will be just a huge liability and cause you losses. At this stage he's just a trophy and you should not worry about leveling him or anything.
    Sorry to sound harsh, but it pains me to see a new player like you make all these rookie mistakes when you could have easily avoided that.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:

I ran with Hulk + Spidey in the last GSBW tournament. Ultimately, it's a slow and safe team.

This time around I think I've settled on Punisher (currently 3/4/3 soft capped) L102 + Rogers (2/3/5 L88/102) and I am finding it really fast.
    I'm hurting a little bit from incomplete build, especially for Punisher Green and Cap Red, and I do need to put some more ISO into Rogers so he can cover Blue again (GSBW is L50, boosted L75), but otherwise I am enjoying this lineup. Rainbow coverage on abilities, two abilities for Red and Green actually gives good options for early match and late match, etc. etc.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Terrible, terrible idea. Just do lighting rounds and the standard tokens should get you the 1* covers in a week

Seconded. HP should be spent on roster slots until you're up to around 30. The occasional shield can be helpful too. No need to buy covers for 1*'s.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Of course yellow is an alliance reward and red is a top 10 only reward. The changes to the reward structure in the past month just suck.

O.O Isn't Red the least sought after one?
  • I joined an hour ago, by the time Rags LR started, hoping that it's the time where all the hardcores are farming ISO. I need only top10 though, but with Season open i'll make a push for higher points.

So far Castle & Parker work well together with BW. I assume it's the handguns.
    I'm comin' western style!