Hollowpoint Kiss Apr. 23 - Apr. 25 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    This event has been brutal. So many people hanging around in the 900s just pounding at each other nonstop and it's difficult to climb.

Y'all must be excited for the season rewards. icon_razz.gif
    So 900 is the new 1100 in this tourney?
    Weird, had expected for points to skyrocket again, but I guess not.
  • Nah, 900 is still easy to get. For most people I would say 1050 is the new 1100.
  • Yea, that was my experience. Getting to 900 was easy, but once I got close to that 1000 threshold the vultures came out.

Getting hit by multiple people that only had 230 points = icon_cry.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, sorry. It was surprisingly brutal tonight. Was shooting for 1100 but just couldn't make headway. Guy named Blah kept hitting me for 35ish points at a time. I've stopped at 1000 for now.

No problem, I had a feeling I would get hit last night. It's funny though, I always get hit when I'm crossing a progression threshold. It was almost simultaneous with me receiving the 1000 ISO and seeing that you attacked me. I don't know if that's a behind the scenes change or not...usually I would cross the threshold, see an attack, and not receive it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Yea, that was my experience. Getting to 900 was easy, but once I got close to that 1000 threshold the vultures came out.

Getting hit by multiple people that only had 230 points = icon_cry.gif
    Yeah... it just barely made it to 998, and that was with boosts in the last couple of fights.
    And had to take on way stronger enemies than I would have liked.
    Got up to 930 without problem - after the fight at 930 bang bang bang lost 70 points.
    Last couple of tourneys it was _way_ easier.

I might break shield for that extra 1000 ISO in the last minutes of the tourney, but I'm basically done - fire away if you have me in your queue.

Oh and if someone feels like losing to me to give me those 2 missing points to 1000, feel free to do so as well icon_e_wink.gif
  • Same at like 945 called it a tourney. Can't make any headway. Too many subs to worry about and you know... Get work done at work...
  • I use the Alliance ranking leaderboard to see what point levels are achievable. Clicking the point totals lets me see individual member scores so I can see how high the most competitive players have climbed. I do not join until I see people with 1000+ point totals.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Same at like 945 called it a tourney. Can't make any headway. Too many subs to worry about and you know... Get work done at work...

I broke my sheild because I wanted to get to 1000 this morning. It was a massively stupid risk, but I've never gotten to 1000 in a pvp before. But I got it with no attacks and shielded back up.
  • ...I just pulled my final green GSBW cover from an Assault token. The game is mocking me. It probably thinks it is weird that I cross my fingers before clicking on gold S.H.I.E.L.D. logos when they pop up.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I see the gold logo, I close my eyes and chant "Please be useful. Please be useful." icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    When I see the gold logo, I close my eyes and chant "Please be useful. Please be useful." icon_e_biggrin.gif
    When I see the gold logo, I close my eyes and thank God for not giving me another Yelena, Hawkeye, or Bag-Man
  • ZeiramMR wrote:

...and the only gold I have seen in a while was a red psylocke. Which is one of the three 3* skills out of the whole bunch I have 5 of already.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Got up to 930 without problem - after the fight at 930 bang bang bang lost 70 points.
    Last couple of tourneys it was _way_ easier.

I noticed the same thing. The previous two tournaments I got up over 1000+ no problem. This time around I am getting hit much earlier than before, and when I was trying to cross the 900 barrier I was being hit frequently. Granted, my GSBW is low level (only 55 unbuffed), but I have a feeling between the Lazy Thor covers and the new Seasons tournament people are garnering a greater interest in this event.

I finally reached the 900 level and shielded at #2 behind Polkio of SHIELD. Checked his roster and noticed that he's only needs 1 red cover on his X-force Wolfie to finish it off so not gonna go to war over it especially when I'm likely to lose anyways icon_e_biggrin.gif Woke up this morning and I'm still #2, so I think I'm good for the 2 Lazy Thor covers, so no reason for me to unshield unless I somehow drop out of the top 10. If you see me feel free to hit me.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    ...I just pulled my final green GSBW cover from an Assault token. The game is mocking me. It probably thinks it is weird that I cross my fingers before clicking on gold S.H.I.E.L.D. logos when they pop up.

The RNG god probably talks to the MMR matching god, sees the good luck you've been giving to others w/ the tanking, gives you what you need icon_lol.gif

Additional data (ancedote) point:
    After I did your methods of tanking to names I recognize, my Assault tokens coughed up Yellow Lazy Thor and Black Psyduck covers icon_cool.gif

Thanks again for the points in this tourney, Ghast! Grats on your final Green that you were needing!
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    Always a joy to see Beee on your leaderboard when you thought you might slip into a quiet, casual little bracket. Well, congrats to you, and we'll see if my 1018 will hold for Top 10, which is all i really need!

This tourney is a flat out slaughterfest, though. I've been running 141Hulk/141Spidey/141GSBW and it's basically "match 11 purples. Game." Even high HP teams usually can't withstand the match damage to get the 11 purple, Hulk going bananas on green matches when you use GSBW's purple, then dropping Sniper Rifle for ~6500 to the primary target, plus 5k+ to the other two teammates.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    Kavel wrote:
    Always a joy to see Beee on your leaderboard when you thought you might slip into a quiet, casual little bracket. Well, congrats to you, and we'll see if my 1018 will hold for Top 10, which is all i really need!

This tourney is a flat out slaughterfest, though. I've been running 141Hulk/141Spidey/141GSBW and it's basically "match 11 purples. Game." Even high HP teams usually can't withstand the match damage to get the 11 purple, Hulk going bananas on green matches when you use GSBW's purple, then dropping Sniper Rifle for ~6500 to the primary target, plus 5k+ to the other two teammates.

I like that threesome...I "only" have Hulk leveled up to 120...I imagine even at that level he would be very useful in this event. I stuck with Spidey and Punisher for this event. In the matches where GSBW's sniper rifle didn't down the team, I would finish them off with Moltov cocktails or a bullet to the head.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk + GSBW is a ton of fun. It's to the point when I'm actually happy when the opposing team has enough AP to fire off an attack, because Hulk's anger will give me that last few green I need to wipe out the entire team.
  • datKrow wrote:
    This event has been brutal. So many people hanging around in the 900s just pounding at each other nonstop and it's difficult to climb.

It's crazy out there. Even with a maxed LazyThor and Max BP, I was a pvp pinata this am. Went from 928 to 650 range in about 2 hrs.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    datKrow wrote:

It's crazy out there. Even with a maxed LazyThor and Max BP, I was a pvp pinata this am. Went from 928 to 650 range in about 2 hrs.

Zombie horde is hungry for some LT covers.
  • Some interesting comments here about Hulk but I've had a different experience. Started seeing him on a lot of teams around 800-900 points so I started picking on maxed out Hulk teams.

So far with Fathor and the Hood I haven't had a single anger countdown tick down yet.