Hollowpoint Kiss Apr. 23 - Apr. 25 (Season 1)

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Haven't seen a thread for this. Mostly copy/pasted from the last Widow Event.

Rewards:

1. Red X-Force and all rewards from the previous rank
2-5. Modern Thor Red and Green, 3000 ISO, 100 HP
6-10. Modern Thor Red and Green, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
11-25. Modern Thor Green, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
26-50. Modern Thor Green, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
51-100. Black Widow Black, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
101-150. Black Widow Black, 1000 ISO, 25 HP
151-200. Black Widow Black, 500 ISO

Progression Rewards:

50. 500 ISO
300. Recruit Token – Widow’s bite
500. 500 ISO
600. Daken Black
700. 500 ISO
800. 1000 ISO
900. 50 HP
1000. 1000 ISO
1100. GSBW green
1200. 1000 ISO
1300. IW Green

Alliance rewards:

1. Modern Thor Yellow, 2000 ISO, 500 HP
2-50. Modern Thor Yellow, 2000 ISO, 100 HP
51-100. Modern Thor Yellow, 2000 ISO, 50 HP
101-250. 1500 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 1000 ISO, 50 HP

Comments

• Lazy Thor rewards!

rejoice.png
  • Lazy Thor covers: **** finally!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been waiting for a chance to get more Lazy Thor covers, so that's good. That it features a character I have maxed? Even better.
  • Yay! LazyThor! If only my GSBW wasn't my second-least covered 3* (after HT).
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hallelujah, lazythor covers! Guess I'm going to burn 150hp on shields for this tournament since I don't have a high level GSBW...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    hallelujah, lazythor covers! Guess I'm going to burn 150hp on shields for this tournament since I don't have a high level GSBW...
    As if maxed GSBW could scare anyone. Running her as a green battery for Punpun myself, probably. Devs want us to level her while not nerfing lazyThor? Bloody unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I like her much more than LT, but she is plain hard for the AI.
  • locked wrote:
    As if maxed GSBW could scare anyone. Running her as a green battery for Punpun myself, probably. Devs want us to level her while not nerfing lazyThor? Bloody unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I like her much more than LT, but she is plain hard for the AI.

I choose to believe that my defense team will use her purple and Thor's yellow back to back. It probably never happens but it helps me sleep at night. And at the very least they both clog the board with green for the Hood to steal icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:

It'll scare the nameless zombie horde of 2* players that nip away at me while I'm sitting unshielded at 850 points icon_e_sad.gif.
  • locked wrote:

It'll scare the nameless zombie horde of 2* players that nip away at me while I'm sitting unshielded at 850 points icon_e_sad.gif.

with their savior OBW,

muwahahaha
  • Hmm, my GSBW is 4/2/5 and that green cover is waaaay up there at 1100.

I wonder if points will be high in this one. 2* players cannot use their OBW and the loaner Widow is worthless at best.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I wonder if points will be high in this one. 2* players cannot use their OBW and the loaner Widow is worthless at best.
    I suspect points will be high b/c of season 1. No slacking for those in large alliances.

And she was also rewarded in several recent tourneys, and she's ancient, so a lot of people dumped ISO into her before there were better 3*'s.

As it is, I'm excited for this event again b/c I again have a featured 3* at a reasonable level and build (5/3/5 level 116).
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Hmm, my GSBW is 4/2/5 and that green cover is waaaay up there at 1100.

Ghast, there is a Green BWGS Progression award for the Season 1 SHIELD Training in the next event over...

Granted it's at 3200 points.... icon_twisted.gif

gotta get those Season points anyway right?
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    So who do you all run with GSBW ?

Last time around I used Hulk and Spidey and was pretty bored to tears (don't like using Spidey until I see 200 level goons)
  • I suspect I'll use Ares and Classic Magneto. They've been my go-to lately.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djpt05 wrote:

Last time around I used Hulk and Spidey and was pretty bored to tears (don't like using Spidey until I see 200 level goons)
    I would run LT if I had him maxed, but since I don't until this tourney is over, it'll be trusty Punisher/Hood again.
  • djpt05 wrote:

I'll probably run 115 BW, 141 Punisher (alternate green outlet and a better red), and then either a 128 IM40 or a ~100 Lazy Cap (mostly for their blue and yellow abilities - taste the rainbow).

I'm not happy with my 3rd, but I imagine it'll depend on how I feel about IM's yellow vs. Cap's blue at any given moment.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 4/4/4 Widow and she seems as useless as the free 1/0/0 cover to me. Actually she is even worse on defence as she will ruin cmags purple and other green/red abilities. I think I will just run my normal cMagneto/Punisher 2-man team and ignore the Widow for the most part. I'm hoping for an easy bracket but I fear many people will go all out for Thor covers and shield points.
  • djpt05 wrote:

I like Spidey/punisher. Can't have unused AP lurking around!
  • Oh how the mighty have fallen, GSBW used to be Tier 1 with Rag back in the day. It was match red twice, spam Thunderclap, Sniper Rifle, and next match.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Oh how the mighty have fallen, GSBW used to be Tier 1 with Rag back in the day. It was match red twice, spam Thunderclap, Sniper Rifle, and next match.

I still use her most of the time, because I find her fun and versatile (just slow). But I understand why people prefer Pun/BP/Cmags instead.