The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• The hunt is fun I am hoping for a Easter surprise of daken in the subs but that aint gonna happen so lets go for falcon.
  • if my callculations are correct we will get 36k iso from alliance awards alone
  • that's my LT fund then
  • Sigh, probably another cool event will get ruined by the new inventions. I recall joining MPQ with last days of original running (probably introducing Punisher), could barely scratch the first few nodes but it was okay. Then Hunt for Ares just rocked.

We could put up a poll about progressions, whether they will be underestimated like in hulk or overestimated like the 2 more recent events. Wonder if anyone votes on they about get it.
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Man, Lazy Daken is REALLY lazy. He keeps no-showing these events.

Some good news icon_e_smile.gif

I'd be very glad if devs realized how bad idea it is to goldify the most annoying thing we have in this game and just drop it for good.
  • Any idea on how the roster will work? Will it be a limited roster, or will there just be a set of powered up characters?

IIRC last run was unlimited with some buffs. And plenty team-ups getting into the bunker. Wonder if they keep it or just discard the structure as it happened with the Venom map.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah last time this ran I recall it being quite a good event without scaling but well I don't see them leaving it out this time oh well this is gonna hurt.
  • I seem to remember this event had tiered nodes. At the time I could do most except the ones around 190 and 230. I enjoyed the fixed level nodes infinitely more than the scaling system and hope it remains in this version of the hunt.
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    I seem to remember this event had tiered nodes. At the time I could do most except the ones around 190 and 230. I enjoyed the fixed level nodes infinitely more than the scaling system and hope it remains in this version of the hunt.

I think it would benefit PVE if we went back to that system.I know we have to give new players a chance but they can work their way up. We all had to do it at some point.
  • Fixed nodes would be amazing
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, I too have found memories of both Punisher and Ares version of the Hunt.
    If I recall correctly, I had the right roster, just without enough levels for the first run, and then was lacking at least one of the powered up heroes for the second run. It must have been when IW had required nodes. Still, I came out with 11/13 covers for Ares, so even missing those nodes I came out OK.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that Moonstone is going to feature this time, and I would expect Torch to also be one of the powered up heroes since he's got covers in the rewards for the current Hulk PvP.
  • Oh no. Please not moonstone!
  • I doubt they would feature Moonstone as Powered Up. She's a Dark Avenger so that would mean one of your featured characters would be locked out any time you had to fight her. Torch is a pretty safe bet though. Hope he gets the ridiculous buff.
  • I like torch but for some reason I can't seam to play well with him. Probably cause I had terrible characters in that last event though
  • I honestly can't remember what event it was (but it was not a Dark Avengers or Evil event) but at some point Moonstone was one of the buffed (not powered up) characters and she was pretty beastly - enough for me to take her into her 50's during that event. It was a little while ago now though...
  • dearbluey wrote:
    I honestly can't remember what event it was (but it was not a Dark Avengers or Evil event) but at some point Moonstone was one of the buffed (not powered up) characters and she was pretty beastly - enough for me to take her into her 50's during that event. It was a little while ago now though...

I think Moonstone's less flat-out bad and more just hard to use. Her skills are a bit too pricey; many need special circumstances, but they can be very effective sometimes. She was (briefly) one of my heavy hitters when I was around 30th level; I got her covers very quickly and used her a lot during that first Dark Avengers tournament. I haven't leveled her since then, though.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Will there be a Deadly version so we have SIX subs running at once?

icon_e_confused.gif
  • Man, hopefully they hand him out like candy just like they did with Ares. One can dream.....
  • Moral wrote:
    Will there be a Deadly version so we have SIX subs running at once?

icon_e_confused.gif

ROFLMAO!

You know.... that might actually be realistically possible. icon_e_confused.gif

My bet is on Punisher + HT for the Essential characters for the event, as the news page has already been preloaded with their upcoming Versus tournaments.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    I honestly can't remember what event it was (but it was not a Dark Avengers or Evil event) but at some point Moonstone was one of the buffed (not powered up) characters and she was pretty beastly - enough for me to take her into her 50's during that event. It was a little while ago now though...

First running of the Simulator.

@ Lyrian: I hope you're right!