Vintage Heroic Packs (3/30/17)

Options

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There are only 2 offseason events, so we only get 6 tokens.

And that's only if you can get to 850, which means that for a lot of early transitioners, it will probably be just 4 tokens. And that's not counting the possible effect of more people playing off-season PvPs (which are often a lot less competitive) now to try and get those tokens. PLUS, aren't off-season PvPs usually Combined Arms or other such oddballs (like the one where everyone is level 550)? Not sure if that makes it harder or not, but I know some people don't like those PvPs. Not to mention that some players liked to use the off-season as a break from all the grinding. Not to mention...no...no...must...not.....go......over.....to...dark....side!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When the community spends 56 pages telling you the new system is garbage, putting a couple flowers on it does not make it "not garbage."
      * The new tokens are too difficult to acquire, making their ability to "fix" the problem of vaulting negligible at best. * Presenting the option to buy these tokens instead is adding insult to injury. "No, we won't fix the problem WE made, but here's a way for you to give us money to get around it." * Classic Legendary Tokens are fine in concept, but they don't fix the garbage content of 4*s within those tokens, and are essentially sprinkles on top of the aforementioned insult (on top of the further aforementioned injury).

I can't tell the dev team what I accurately think because I lack the patience to explain it in a civil manner, and the alternative won't make it past the word filters.

And given the blatant disregard for all of the requested solutions, I'm just a tad too exasperated to spell out how to fix this mess. Because I think we could come up with a golden plan on the forums and hand it to you on a platter and it would be ignored.
    Brigby wrote:
    so this is a limited time vault and not a permanent one?
    This is a limited time store for the off-season. Having said that though, the development team will be monitoring and evaluating the results of this store once it goes live.

I already said this in another thread, but "The devs will be monitoring and evaluating the results" has always been code for "we will use undisclosed metrics to disregard the feedback from the forums." They don't share whatever it is they're monitoring, even vaguely, nor what they learn, nor why they do whatever they do next (though I'll be honest, 99% of the time we get silence after this canned line).

We need the dev team to stop monitoring **** and TALK TO US. Because we've got enough discussion to fix this, where metrics will never convince a rational person that Vintage Heroic Packs are a good idea. (the qualifier is necessary, because it is just as likely the devs will prove to not be rational, and we'll be stuck with the damn things)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    This is a limited time store for the off-season. Having said that though, the development team will be monitoring and evaluating the results of this store once it goes live.

Why though? WHY???

Why is this store not just like the heroics store? Why were these tokens not just added to PVE/PVP progression like heroics? The whales would still hit it increasing the companies income while also giving us peasants a chance to still add covers to our 3* and 4*s but over a longer period of time. Why do the devs feel they need to make it so difficult for anyone that wont spend thousands of dollars on the game?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The forum debated vaulting. Provided pages and pages of suggestions. Debated those suggestions.

Came up with some which were well accepted.

The devs read those 40 odd pages of suggestions and then went with the only idea that nobody suggested or wanted.

Not making a great case for reading customer feedback here
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Urgh...

I hope this works out, but what I really want is to see Classic 4* in the Classic tokens.

Heroics are too heavily weighted towards drowning you in 2*.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The forum debated vaulting. Provided pages and pages of suggestions. Debated those suggestions.

Came up with some which were well accepted.

The devs read those 40 odd pages of suggestions and then went with the only idea that nobody suggested or wanted.

Not making a great case for reading customer feedback here

That assumes the hundred or so people on these forums are the only customers at all, or the only customers worth caring about. Which, to be fair, is an assumption I've seen made on a lot of forums in my day, so it's not like it's specific to this one. They have to balance what these forums want with what they think the rest of the playerbase wants. Which is a task that sits somewhere between really difficult and impossible.

And again, this isn't saying I think what they've come up with for this specific problem is a good solution. But the idea that if they aren't listening to the forums, then they aren't listening to the player based at large is short-sighted at best and completely wrong at worst. The metrics of the entire player base, if being read correctly, should tell them a lot more than the group of hardcore players that post here when it comes to general trends in the game (what this base would be more knowledgeable about, for the most part, are the specific issues that the more hardcore section of the player base deals with, and even then this forum doesn't contain the entirety of the hardcore player base either).
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What happened to you MPQ. You used to be cool.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my 2 cents. All covers should be made colorless. Bonus heroes for all token pages and vaults.

Events tokens - same as it is now.

Latest Legendary Token - 25CP latest 3 (5*) and 12 (4*) - same as it is now
    Classic Legendary Token - 20CP rest of 5* and latest 12 (4*) - same as it is now
    Vintage Legendary Token - 20CP all but latest 3 (5*) and 12 (4*)

Elite Tokens - 3*- 4* token - Latest 12 (4*) and all 3*. can't be bought with Hero Points, just earned.

Heroic Token - Latest 12 (4*) and Rotating half (3*) - same as it is now
    Vintage Heroic Token - rest of 4* and other half (3*)

With a token counter for (1x and 10x) Tokens earned during play could be used in either token page.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Such a ridiculous "solution". I'm actually at a loss for words.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "Im so excited, and I just can't hide it"!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I want to inform you all that this is not necessarily the final iteration nor is it necessarily the only solution that will be presented.

Data evaluation is needed in order to determine how the store affects the entirety of the game and its players before being able to make adjustments, or even presenting an entirely new idea. We know it's not something that can be immediately ascertained, and I apologize for the delay, but it really is something that the developers will monitor and factor into whatever the eventual permanent solution may be.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Going from a ~64% chance of getting one of the "vintage" 4* ONLY heroes in the old vault system by spending my CP to PAYING for a vault that has 2*, 3* and 4*? Completely idiotic concept. It's the most obvious "We are 'Sorry' you didn't like the Vaulting changes, pay us and you can get the old heroes."

Did everyone see what happened to Contest of Champions in their last update? Or how about For Honors current 11.6k player planned boycott? We get you need to make money but the value the Dev team is offering for our dollars is not close to an equal trade.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I want to inform you all that this is not necessarily the final iteration nor is it necessarily the only solution that will be presented.

Data evaluation is needed in order to determine how the store affects the entirety of the game and its players before being able to make adjustments, or even presenting an entirely new idea. We know it's not something that can be immediately ascertained, and I apologize for the delay, but it really is something that the developers will monitor and factor into whatever the eventual permanent solution may be.
    How is a new token with 68% 2 stars a solution to ANYTHING? Even as a 1st draft this is ridiculous
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 stars. LOL.

I'm not surprised because I already saw that a store/vault was being discussed and it was a no go IMO.

We'll see, but I'm not hopeful.

Especially since peggy will join the crowd of my "4 stars at 9 or more covers who just got vaulted"

Valentines day wasn't long ago.
    Think back to that time, generosity. Good will. Making players happy to inspire them to spend money.
    Not making players spend money to be happy.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AKA we want to see how much cash you guys will throw at us for vaulted characters before we even attempt to do anything worth while about it.

Meanwhile, the vast majority not throwing cash like it's Mardi Gras will be rewarded with the usual 2 star majority tokens. This is exactly why people use token exploits.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess with the recent resurgence of token exploits, yikes at this solution actually.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Add Vintage Classic Legendary tokens and you'll solve a lot of complaints.

Was going to mention the same thing. Perhaps this is a prelude of what is coming...
    Latest Legendary Token - 25CP latest 3 (5*) and 12 (4*) - same as it is now
    Classic Legendary Token - 20CP rest of 5* and latest 12 (4*) - same as it is now
    Vintage Legendary Token - 20CP all but latest 3 (5*) and 12 (4*)

I would rather see the old 3 5* bumped into vintage. Keep it at 20cp and 5% each. That will leave Classic with 9 at 1.67% each. Then as each 5* is release, one is bumped from latest to classic, which in turn bumps another into vintage. It will take 6 new 5* before vintage grows to 9 and the pool gets diluted down to 1.67%. Not a perm solution but will buy you 6 months.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    How is a new token with 68% 2 stars a solution to ANYTHING? Even as a 1st draft this is ridiculous

That's the most galling thing about it.

"Sorry we took away a load of 3*s and 4*s, hope these 2*s help you feel better."

If I rolled my eyes any harder I'd be looking at my brain.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well the idea of a token with vaulted threes seems great I doubt anyone will complain about that. It would be nice if normal heroic tokens could be spent either way so we got a choice of which pool to pull from. But that would probably include some new coding.

Giving out a classic legends token seems like a bad joke since they are blatantly worth less. Why not give out the cp and let people make the choice.

As far as access to the vaulted fours the only real change that needs to be made is creating a second option in the classic legendary store that includes vaulted fours and classic fives. This would appease pretty much everyone and seems like it would require a minimum of effort.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was just thinking, "I haven't had my daily trolling from the developers". Aaaaaaaaaaand we're back. Thanks