Vintage Heroic Packs (3/30/17)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    This is a band-aid, and a pretty insulting one at that. "You can cover all of those 3*s and 4*s you're missing with these 9 tokens you'll earn in the offseason! Or just buy them!" Come on.

Just put the vaulted 4*s into Classic legendary tokens and be done with it.

You said it, man.

And this token store includes 2* characters? Really? Were people complaining that it's too hard to come by 2* covers?

Seeing as how my last 10 pack from the season's 4000 point progression reward yielded nine 2*s, one 3*, and no bonus heroes (others reported getting ONLY 2*s), I'm not super inclined to spend any HP on this store. At all.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh boy... here we go again.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Need more info on the new Classic Legendary as well. Price? Are there 5 stars included (likely classic if so)?
    The token is what is new to MPQ. So far, there have only been Latest Legends tokens, but now there will be a Classic Legends token as well. As of this moment, the store has not changed.

Talk about burying the lead! This is the info that we care about! So what exactly is in this token and will it be a permanent addition? (Um, say yes)
    I apologize if I wasn't able to convey the message appropriately. It is a token you can use for the Classic Legends store, just like how the Latest Legends token can be used for the Latest Legends store

Now, if this was a precursor to actually changing the Classic Legendaries to being the Vaulted heroes and oldest 5*, then I think that'd be something people could get behind (not everyone, but enough to stem the tide). As it is now, at best it's going sideways and at worst making people pay money for the vaulted characters instead of being able to consistently earn tokens for them.
  • Fenfire
    Fenfire Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Seeing as how my last 10 pack from the season's 4000 point progression reward yielded nine 2*s, one 3*, and no bonus heroes (others reported getting ONLY 2*s), I'm not super inclined to spend any HP on this store. At all.

I guess you also did not get the memo. Revenue optimization has begun. 56€ for a 40pack with the daily offer. That does not cater to impulse buyers or people spending some cash here and there - like you and me as I will assume.
    So you either start paying real money or get the CHANCE for some highly sought 2 star characters you always wanted to earn.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    April Fools? Pretty please?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You need to accept they do not give a monkeys what you think, despite pages of feedback. Either accept it or move on because this tells you all you need to know.

This is so laughably bad I'm past worrying and caring and certainly won't offer feedback because this clearly shows they don't care. I feel sorry for the messenger.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A new way to pull 68% 2 star.png !
    Just what we all wanted!

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby...

The devs clearly don't like people using exploits to get more tokens etc...perhaps people wouldn't be so keen to try and cheat the system if it felt a tad more fair.

Personally I can't see how this awesome new store really benefits people. The only light in the tunnell here is that it's a miniscule step towards a new segeregated 4* pools with their own tokens to pull.

I'm not shooting the messenger here, just asking that you pass it on to the devs. I can't see this being a popular change and it doesn't solve the problem at all by even 1%.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so this is a limited time vault and not a permanent one?
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    having vintage heroic packs is better than not having vintage heroic packs, I guess.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome early April fools gag there Brigby. Now, seriously, down to business. What are you really going to do? You know, something that actually fixes the problem?
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sorry - this is a poor solution to the problem. I understand the difficulty of attempting the juggle the needs of frustrated newer players with the needs of frustrated older ones (and I have no idea how many of the former there are vs. the latter), but as a frustrated older player who still has plenty of older 4*s with 8+ covers he'd like to champion one day, this is not a solution that respects the significant investment of money and time I've already made in the game.

I don't know what the solution is - seriously, I don't, and I don't envy having to come up with one - but I know this ain't it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so the solution for classic 4s comes at heroic token odds with a handful of tokens each month. a classic LT is neat and useful/due in the game, but it is for a store that is currently classic 5s and LATEST 4s. does that change for offseason? if not, how does it help get us classic 4s?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Add Vintage Classic Legendary tokens and you'll solve a lot of complaints.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still no way to earn both the older 5*'s and the older 4*'s in the same draw.

The -only- way to solve dilution of draws and over-abundance of characters is give out more rewards.
    It can be giving out a new token alongside current rewards.
    It can be increasing current rewards alongside current rewards. (more scl, anyone?)

What it -cannot- be is replacing current rewards with similar rewards occasionally.

That won't help anyone, anywhere. It hasn't been asked for by anyone either begging the question: are player concerns really being heard? Because they aren't being addressed.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So you can only earn the older characters for 6 days, and then they vanish again? What is this madness? icon_lol.gif

If you aren't going to make the older characters available to us like the newer ones then remove them all from PVE and PVP so we can sell them. They have no use at this point. This really is head shaking madness.

I know the whales are the most valuable customers to you, but seriously, stop treating the rest of us like scum. You expect us to basically spend thousands of dollars on these packs in the 6 days before they disappear again. Your greed is borderline disgusting at this point.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Can we just be honest and call this the mess-with-you packs? Seriously all this time and this is the best you could come up with?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Add Vintage Classic Legendary tokens and you'll solve a lot of complaints.
    dang, then I'd have to type VCLT. can't we keep the acronyms short?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    so this is a limited time vault and not a permanent one?
    This is a limited time store for the off-season. Having said that though, the development team will be monitoring and evaluating the results of this store once it goes live.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I guess the forum will be a little quieter if the Chicken Littles threatening to quit follow through with their threats, now that the "fix" to the problem is unveiled.