Vintage Heroic Packs (3/30/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

This off-season we will be running a new Cover store that will give players an opportunity to collect older 3-Stars and 4-Stars. Here is some information on this pack:

Vintage Heroic Cover Store
    • Runs from Sunday, April 2, 8am EDT to Saturday, April 8, 3am EDT • Pulls cost the same as the Heroic Cover store • The 40x pack also gives a new Classic Legendary token, which you can use in the Classic Legends store. • Contains all 2-Stars, and all 3-Stars and 4-Stars that are not currently in packs
    o Does not contain Limited characters such as Spider-Man (Bag-Man), Howard the Duck (Howard, A Duck), etc
• Bonus Heroes are enabled with this store.
• Rewards in Off-Season Versus Tournaments
    o Heroic tokens in progression rewards (350, 650, and 850) are replaced with Vintage Heroic Tokens o Heroic tokens in placement rewards are replaced with Vintage Heroic tokens.

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Basically, paying is the only way to get vaulted characters now, since the 9 tokens you get from the 3 PvP events run during off-season is not enough to get any real number of 4 stars. And you can only do it once a month for a week. This is no different than claiming bonus heroes makes up for the vaulting.
  • Fenfire
    Fenfire Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is about the shittiest possible move imaginable.
    Well played. Just show me the door if I don't pay you enough to be welcome.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a band-aid, and a pretty insulting one at that. "You can cover all of those 3*s and 4*s you're missing with these 9 tokens you'll earn in the offseason! Or just buy them!" Come on.

Just put the vaulted 4*s into Classic legendary tokens and be done with it.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Need more info on the new Classic Legendary as well. Price? Are there 5 stars included (likely classic if so)?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Some of the above posts are a little bit mistaken. It's not accurate to say that we only get 9 tokens per offseason.

There are only 2 offseason events, so we only get 6 tokens.

President-George-W.-Bush-Mission-Accomplished_zpsksr5ztpf.jpg
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    This is a band-aid, and a pretty insulting one at that. "You can cover all of those 3*s and 4*s you're missing with these 9 tokens you'll earn in the offseason! Or just buy them!" Come on.

Just put the vaulted 4*s into Classic legendary tokens and be done with it.

No kidding. This is just making another token/vault...won't help.

This -would- help if the new token fell like rain from the sky (in addition to other rewards) so players can have a chance to actually accumulate the older characters.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Need more info on the new Classic Legendary as well. Price? Are there 5 stars included (likely classic if so)?
    The token is what is new to MPQ. So far, there have only been Latest Legends tokens, but now there will be a Classic Legends token as well. As of this moment, the store has not changed.
  • Orion
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    The token is what is new to MPQ. So far, there have only been Latest Legends tokens, but now there will be a Classic Legends token as well. As of this moment, the store has not changed.

Talk about burying the lead! This is the info that we care about! So what exactly is in this token and will it be a permanent addition? (Um, say yes)
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about an update as to what the new batch of 3 stars are going to be available in the elite and heroics.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Talk about burying the lead! This is the info that we care about! So what exactly is in this token and will it be a permanent addition? (Um, say yes)
    From the sound of it, it's a Classic Legendary, but a token, instead of buying it for 20 CP. no change to the draws. All the legendary tokens up to now were Latest Legends.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I apologize if I wasn't able to convey the message appropriately. It is a token you can use for the Classic Legends store, just like how the Latest Legends token can be used for the Latest Legends store
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So basically the only way you're advancing your roster of old guys is with 40 packs...if only there were a group of people who bought lots of 40 packs that this change would be aimed at....
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My response consists of three letters. As that is not enough for the forum software, you may venture a guess.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I apologize if I wasn't able to convey the message appropriately. It is a token you can use for the Classic Legends store, just like how the Latest Legends token can be used for the Latest Legends store

Okay, so, the part you didn't answer: those vaulted cats are only available in classic one week a month?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we choose which Heroic we want? Or just make all Heroic tokens allow all 3*s and 4*s?
  • Orion
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

OK, so how does that help us with this vaulting problem?
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    • Pulls cost the same as the Heroic Cover store

I'm assuming this includes the daily 100 HP special?
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does this new token mean that three stars will not be shuffled at the end of the season?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    they should change it to a pure 3*/4* token and remove 2*, that is what the "elite" should have been been origianlly.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    No, wait. I got it now. The classic heroic is available one week a month. A 40x buy will get you a classic token, which is still just the latest 12. Right?