Token Pull Exploit (3/27/17) *Updated (4/12/17)

Options

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unsurprising but disturbing this thread gets unstickied while nothing has happened to those who cheated - I don't even have the energy anymore with the practices of Demi / d3 to be outraged it's a waste of time and effort - cheat at will seems to be the message they want us to take from this 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,420 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They won't ever tell us the number of exploiters, but a quick comment that it was resolved would go a long way.  Unless they can't fix it or something.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I am always puzzled (pun intended) why people think the topics get unstickied intentionally. Is it not possible that sometimes the thread is only scheduled to be stickied a specific period time before it is automatically unstickied?
    True, but I would assume that period of time could be modified if there hadn't been a resolution to the issue.  We are competing in PvP and for placement against people who have received an unfair advantage.  That should warrant some resolution. 

Also, I think past experience is why people are wary when a thread like this gets unstickied with no resolution.  We have seen it many times, and it's generally not because there is an update coming.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    gravel said:
    True, but I would assume that period of time could be modified if there hadn't been a resolution to the issue.
    So, lets get a clarification on that. As far as I recall, no one ever asked about the mechanism of thread sticking. (any mods or admins able to help?)

Going back to the original topic, I agree this has been going on for some time. However, rolling back their accounts now without creating the fix to stop them from exploiting again is probably inefficient. Some of them can still use the exploit again until the fix is finally online.

I am hoping they can get the fix online as soon as possible. I think this is the priority.
    It's been discussed before.  Stickying a thread is done for a set period of time, and isn't usually (possibly ever) a manual thing.  The stickiness of this thread should be reset, though.

For further context to some folks in the thread, this thread wasn't the first time the community became aware of this issue.  It had been reported repeatedly for a good chunk of time without any comment or apparent change.

So the period of inaction actually runs from well before the date of the original post in this thread.  Just thought that might help to give more explanation as to some of the frustration that you're seeing here.  
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is not a topic that should be unstickied or fall off players radar until we hear about ACTIONS taken
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daiches said:
    And now they unstickied the thread without resolution. Sweeping it under the rug as it were.

and BeyonderBub, yes, those of us that keep pursuing this know of high profile players abusing this. But even without high profile players being among the most rampant exploiters, ANY cheater should be acted upon to maintain any reason to spend.
    I'm with you on this totally; it's just easier to keep an eye at the top of the leaderboards. 
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any sign of action being taken against cheaters yet?

I suppose you just bought an hilarious time extention with Thanos PvP, since people who cheated an extra hundred levels onto their 5Thanos are now stuck playing fair again, but as soon as Daredevil comes around the cheated Thanos's are going to be steamrolling in PvP again and cheaters have been left to prosper for a while now.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The metric the forumites use to determine the games success is not the metric D3 or Demi uses to judge the games success.

They ignored the thread on vaulting for well over a month after saying they would get back to us, it became un-stickied and people eventually took the hint and stopped bringing it up, the same will happen here.

I'm not saying they don't care, I'm saying they don't care enough to alienate people paying them, and as bad as it sounds I can't really blame them, its just good risk management.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This topic cannot be ignored and swept under the rug!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

(sure, you don't count the url for the 10 characters in a post, but you count them in my signature)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got word from Brigby that he unstickied the thread because the exploit was fixed in R125. And that that was enough for this thread. Meaning:

THERE WILL BE NO REPURCUSSIONS FOR ANYONE WHO ABUSED THIS EXPLOIT.

That's right. Plugging the exploit is enough for them. Sucks if you didn't rampantly cheat while you had the chance.
  • aviral69
    aviral69 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That is truly sad, if they have indeed decided not to take action on the exploiters.
    I have been hoarding a lot and didn't make any pulls to exploit the bug. Makes me wish I had. I hope then they would have boxed the exploiters​. Maybe more non whales should have exploited the issue to force their hand. I'm truly sad of the inaction if that is true.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options

Well, that's about what I expected after the deafening silence every time we asked if there actually had been any actions taken against exploiters.

Once again MPQ proves that if you cheat, do it as early as possible, because chances are very very good that you will get away with it.

Take note, potential spenders.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, that makes me feel awful. If it doesn't get punished then it tacitly legitimises this type of behaviour. Presumably next time they won't even announce the existence of the exploit on the forums or everyone will just start abusing it since precedent suggests there would be no consequences to speak of. 
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You know you want to say it...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we get an official statement on this? 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The silence on this one is deafening.  This was a post originally created to inform the player base that D3 was aware of a significant exploit and that they would deal with it.  Surely someone at D3 would feel obligated to close the loop.  In the absence of information the internet has a way of filling the void with all sorts of answers.

• The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, now I feel stupid for not cheating...
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, now I feel stupid for not cheating...
    Fooled us twice; this is the second major exploit that's gone with minimal punishment. I'm not paying them another dime (not that I have in a while, but...).
This discussion has been closed.