Token Pull Exploit (3/27/17) *Updated (4/12/17)

Options

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is the policy of D3/Demi on cheaters.  This does not say. "measures may be taken against those who do choose to use it". I know this is coming off as snarky, but just really need to know if the integrity of this game/D3/Demi is still relevant.  

When you wish the LOL response was still available.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They must be too busy with collecting the cheater's money during the new character release to update this thread. Patience, guys!
  • aviral69
    aviral69 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby
    Care to provide any update in the matter buddy?
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
     This all makes me sick to my stomach. While D3 was busy murdering oml with the nerf bat needlessly robbing so many of us.... everyone else was busy cheating to boost levels on the already way OP thanos. Makes perfect sense now that I'm seeing so many god-mode 550 thanos running around in pvp. Disgusting and the silence is even more despicable.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't expect them to do anything when this was announced. Why? Because last time they posted an exploit with LT tokens, they admitted that they decided not to take action against those players. This also happened with players that took advantage of a glitch with gaining an extra Iso reward from the Shield Rank implementation. 

Honestly, I would prefer if they didn't make these announcements. Why communicate to us that there are glitches or exploits that players are using to advance the game? Cheaters are not punished, so all it does is upset the ethical players. Just fix the glitch/exploit and don't say anything. Let the cheaters keep trying to chest even though you fixed it. 
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am a solid 3* player. I want to get upset about this, but I am so far away from seeing a 550 5* in pve/pvp, I just add it to the list of reasons why I'll never compete with the top of the food chain.

Some of us are fully aware we'll never compete (much less catch up to players) at that high level, but we still play, and occasionally pay. 

I still think it's utter tinykitty that we are being led to believe that D3 condones cheating by staying silent on the issue. Obviously Brigby has at least mentioned the lack of feedback causing negative emotions, and they informed him they had nothing to say anyway. 
  • aviral69
    Options
    The stance taken by the demiurge and d3 on this matter is frankly frightening.

The team should be absolutely against exploiting loopholes in the system which IS cheating and should not be afraid to take action against the players who have committed the crime. But they are looking at it through the glass that those who have exploited the loopholes were able to do so because of the mistakes in their coding, but that is not correct. Exploiting a loophole is cheating and it says that even in their terms.

If they can truly differentiate between the exploiters and accidental benefitters, they WILL take action. Simply because they have to. Otherwise they are opening themselves up to a huge liability.

Any new comment on the issue will greatly ease the minds of TRUE and FAIR players.
  • SkadenFrudee
    Options
    aviral69 said:

If they can truly differentiate between the exploiters and accidental benefitters, they WILL take action. Simply because they have to. Otherwise they are opening themselves up to a huge liability

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only idiot incapable of quoting properly on mobile? After the first word I type, all my text jumps into the quoted section, never to be fixed. 

Anyway, it was made clear to us by Brigby that the devs absolutely can tell the difference, since the steps of the exploit requires actions a non-exploiter wouldn't take naturally. 

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

Am I the only idiot incapable of quoting properly on mobile? After the first word I type, all my text jumps into the quoted section, never to be fixed.

I have the same problem on mobile.  I don't think I figured out how to fix it and just gave up on trying to post.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But rest assured that under the forum rules, if you advocate cheating via discussion (but not actually cheat) you will suffer consequences here!

(fyi i'm being snarky)
  • SkadenFrudee
    Options
    I'm advocating the just punishment of cheaters by the only party empowered to effect it. If only our advocate was advised by the devs to issue an advisory on developments......
  • Daiches
    Options
    In the new thread about vaulting they said they would listen if enough people complain. We already know that complaining doesn't even get them to adhere to their own ToS on cheaters. Good luck, anti vault advocates, they won't listen.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yep - cheating has become an accepted practice:  why listen to anything else these people* have to say.

*Removed insult - Ducky
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

lol if you're actually going to do it I'd xnay on the ostingpay about doing it... 

However, were I a dev I'd totally get my rocks of by nailing someone in this thread for cheating and starting a thread about the price of cheating and proof of enforcement...  File it under life not being fair and having learned something this time...

• SkadenFrudee
    Options
    I don't need proof of enforcement, especially since we shouldn't expect it, but I do want this issue addressed. Why would you even mention it publicly if you weren't going to make a final statement on how the problem is resolved?

And no, closing the exploit alone isn't a resolution since that in no way affects the ill-gotten gains of the exploiters. I'd take a placating lie over silence at this point. 
  • SkadenFrudee
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'd suggest that characterization is a bit strong for some of us, myself included. I'm only expressing my desire to have this topic addressed by the same party that decided to make it known to me in the first place. It is possible earlier posters match your description, I haven't read all their posts. I do know they've finally run out of steam, allowing this thread to nearly slide off the front page. I find that to be an easy way to avoid comment by the developers.

So I've begun to express my thoughts, as commenting is a valid way to maintain the visibility of the thread. If the mods close it, that in and of itself is a response.

It doesn't mean anything material to me, I'm not going to compete against those that benefitted and I don't care one whit what changes d3 makes; I just play whatever game d3 gives me.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't matter. 
  • aviral69
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Brigby can you please stay at least inform us what the situation is regarding the action being taken or not being taken (whatever it may be). You had the courtesy of letting us know the bug existed and people were exploiting it, I only plead to extend that courtesy one last time and let us know about the action. I won't be bothering you again, I promise.
  • Daiches
    Options
    They won't respond. They don't care. The TOS/EULA is null and void for those that spend enough. They can do whatever they want.
  • Daiches
    Options
    They found a way to deal with the cheaters, but they are throwing away the baby with the bathwater.

#iOS #TooSoon?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Almost 1 month since the last "update". Anything? 
    Has the exploit been fixed?
    is D3/Demi taking any action on the cheaters?
    if so, roll backs?  Sandboxed?  
    Any more comments that an official D3/Demi would like to add?  Something. Anything.  
This discussion has been closed.