Token Pull Exploit (3/27/17) *Updated (4/12/17)

Options

Comments

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another option is that, as soon as we hear about an exploit we start exploiting it as well.

If using exploits isn't punished, everyone should be able to use them.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know what to expect anymore from this, and maybe we are just excepting too much. I know they will not give a details on who, if they choose to, roll back or sandbox.  Just some follow up is all we are requesting.  
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I expect an eventual response, or they can lock the thread which is the same as saying move along, nothing to see here, ever. 
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Been a looooong time waiting for an official response....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I expect an eventual response, or they can lock the thread which is the same as saying move along, nothing to see here, ever. 
    The official response was it was unstickied, which translates to move along, nothing to see here.  
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    **If people continue to bump this thread without actually adding anything constructive to the conversation, I will start handing out warnings. Bumping is against the rules.**
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Ducky Is there a difference between bumping and grumbling?

Also, are you in a position to ask anyone on the inside for an official response, or at least a "We aren't responding ever" so that people reading this thread can get some closure and move on?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    If the grumbling adds something new to the conversation, no, it's not the same as bumping. 

I have no way of getting anyone official to respond to this thread. Now having said that, I get the impression that since the exploit was patched in r125, the devs have moved on so I would suggest others do as well. 
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I wouldnt be 100% sure official responses dont have intentionally false information, here is what i would think about this situation:

I would think they arent punishing everybody since they actually didnt had the tools/proof to identify past exploiters.

Except statistically obvius cases where the cheater could still tell he had extreme but possible luck
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well....since the other thread is creating a stir I would like to remind @Brigby about this one too that was in violation of the TOS and still nothing has been done even though many tickets submitted.  We really need to purge the cheaters from this game for an even playing field, and no I don't care if somebody spends more and has a stronger roster.  Just as long they are not using these exploits.  
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby Now that you have helped us out in understanding the situation in the much newer "cheating" thread are you able to let the forum community know what the consequences were for those that were identified as using the token pull exploit?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. If you are aware of any cheaters, then please report any details to either myself via a private message or Customer Support through a support ticket, and we will be sure to investigate them. Thank you.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. If you are aware of any cheaters, then please report any details to either myself via a private message or Customer Support through a support ticket, and we will be sure to investigate them. Thank you.

CS can just look at all the old tickets they've closed without follow up. You can look at your inbox for demands on follow ups on those tickets. 
    And you can do what the above post reiterated that you said you could do.
This discussion has been closed.