Token Pull Exploit (3/27/17) *Updated (4/12/17)

Options

Comments

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There should be consequences, but I think consequences related directly to cheating are in order, not banning these players.

Imho a fair and reasonable solution would be:

"We noticed you exploited a loophole in our software to obtain rewards that you should not have been able to acquire. To correct this we are forced to reset your account to the status before you exploited this loophole. Any progress made between then, and the moment we will reset your account will be irrevocably lost."
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    I was wondering how long it would take to see something like this happen here like it's happened in so many other TCG/CCG-flavored mobile games with RNG-related pulls / rolls / draws / whatever the name being used. Amazingly, in the grand scheme of things, a pretty long while.
    The first exploit already happened a year ago - people were re-drawing tokens until they got a 5*.

This is the second (known) exploit.

And I fully expect this one to be dealt with in the manner of the first - high spenders get a slap on the wrist and a stern look, low spenders may get a rollback, non-spenders might get a ban.

We'll never hear anything again except "this has been fixed and people have been dealt with" and that will be it.

I WISH everyone would get banned but sadly there's the precedence of the previous exploit.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm of two minds on this. While I've never used this exploit and never will, I do slightly understand the desperation that some using rationalize it. Token odds are plain terrible in this game. Likewise, video games are all about exploits and using them. And BHs only makes using an exploit all that more alluring.

On the other hand, it is abusing the system so abusers should be punished in some form.

I would say that if tokens and vaults were better overall, then not as many wouldn't feel the need to use exploits, but people would use it regardless.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Like the last legendary token exploit they will most likely just roll people's roster back to the date of the first time the user used the exploit, however I think there should be a harsher penalty like rolling back to 6 months earlier than the first exploit date. For example, instead of being rolled back to Jan 1, 2017, roll them back to July 1, 2016.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ViralCore wrote:
    Like the last legendary token exploit they will most likely just roll people's roster back to the date of the first time the user used the exploit, however I think there should be a harsher penalty like rolling back to 6 months earlier than the first exploit date. For example, instead of being rolled back to Jan 1, 2017, roll them back to July 1, 2016.

Or for repeat offenders, if there are any, roll them back to their previous rollback date. Will probably be about the same effect, and it has bonus poetic justice.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Previous rollback date or 6 months (default) sounds like a great idea to me! Cheaters shouldn't prosper when the rest of us play by the rules and commit so much time and money into the game.
    ViralCore wrote:

Or for repeat offenders, if there are any, roll them back to their previous rollback date. Will probably be about the same effect, and it has bonus poetic justice.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    SunCrusher wrote:
    I was wondering how long it would take to see something like this happen here like it's happened in so many other TCG/CCG-flavored mobile games with RNG-related pulls / rolls / draws / whatever the name being used. Amazingly, in the grand scheme of things, a pretty long while.
    The first exploit already happened a year ago - people were re-drawing tokens until they got a 5*.

This is the second (known) exploit.

And I fully expect this one to be dealt with in the manner of the first - high spenders get a slap on the wrist and a stern look, low spenders may get a rollback, non-spenders might get a ban.

We'll never hear anything again except "this has been fixed and people have been dealt with" and that will be it.

I WISH everyone would get banned but sadly there's the precedence of the previous exploit.

yeap be like the last time where they were able to keep all the rewards but just slapped on the wrist.. they will have the coveres taken away but what they won they get to keep.... this is why i stopped putting cash into this game
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    yeap be like the last time where they were able to keep all the rewards but just slapped on the wrist.. they will have the coveres taken away but what they won they get to keep.... this is why i stopped putting cash into this game

The next step would be to stop playing and posting here, right?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So any word on anything actually happening?  Or killing OML was done in hopes to fan the flames of taking any action on this subject?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So.. are they ever going to do anything about this?
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The problem with a straight rollback is if people have been using the exploit to preview their pulls rolling them back alone wouldn't necessarily remove the advantage they got from their preview as they would still know what was coming and when.  Bans seem more appropriate for abusers.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They punished everyone by nerfing OML since most of the people manipulated pulls to get bigger badder OML's...

Just kidding.

This does seem to have fallen off the radar a bit didn't it?
  • Daiches
    Options
    @Brigby Can you comment what is being done? Because this radio silence and inaction is almost, almost as disturbing as the OML nerf.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Daiches said:
    @Brigby Can you comment what is being done? Because this radio silence and inaction is almost, almost as disturbing as the OML nerf.
    That's a great question. I'll be sure to ping them for an update from them tomorrow once they're in the office
  • Daiches
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    That's a great question. I'll be sure to ping them for an update from them tomorrow once they're in the office
    Wow, that's even more worrying. You guys totally forgot about this issue? Cheaters can go free? Is there no integrity then? Is any purchase you make a bad idea since you could just as easily get it for free without repercussions?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Wow, that's even more worrying. You guys totally forgot about this issue? Cheaters can go free? Is there no integrity then? Is any purchase you make a bad idea since you could just as easily get it for free without repercussions?

Why would you expect anything other than the last time a LT exploit was used?

"The exploit has been fixed, users have been dealt with, please keep playing and spending, kthxby'.

• Daiches
    Options
    JVReal said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Did you read a different answer than I did?  Because his answer said nothing of that sort... Since he is obviously not part of that group dealing with the exploit, Brigby is reaching out to get information you asked for.
    The fact that our community manager and thus representative of our community has to ask them if anything is being done right now, means that they haven't given him any other info in 2 weeks plus for an issue that became too large to ignore anymore after weeks of reports. AND that he hasn't been asking for updates out of his own accord. Both point to this issue being ignored.

and yes, he is now reaching out, but people have been asking after days, a week, two weeks of no updates or action.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Daiches said:
    JVReal said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Did you read a different answer than I did?  Because his answer said nothing of that sort... Since he is obviously not part of that group dealing with the exploit, Brigby is reaching out to get information you asked for.
    The fact that our community manager and thus representative of our community has to ask them if anything is being done right now, means that they haven't given him any other info in 2 weeks plus for an issue that became too large to ignore anymore after weeks of reports. AND that he hasn't been asking for updates out of his own accord. Both point to this issue being ignored.

and yes, he is now reaching out, but people have been asking after days, a week, two weeks of no updates or action.
    There has been an ongoing conversation behind the scenes that I just haven't relayed to the community due to sensitive information being enclosed in those exchanges. Rest assured that this was definitely not a topic we have been ignoring.

In fact, there is already an anticipated fix for this in the upcoming R125 patch that should close this exploit.
This discussion has been closed.