Villain Lightning Rounds 4-15 to 4-17

Comments

• So... just look for those names over and over again?
  • Rich does are the seed teams, they appear when you enter the event, so if you enter the event right from the first minute you'll see them. You will rack up about 6-8 matches usually before you start seeing the regular playing base
  • Aah, okay... That'll at least give me a base of points, but people still seem to get a lot of points really quickly in these things.

Ugh, and even the ridiculous games happen in the LRs.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Aah, okay... That'll at least give me a base of points, but people still seem to get a lot of points really quickly in these things.
    Some people also field very fast killing teams, e.g. Patch/Punisher + CMags, not to mention the increased match damage that simply comes from higher-level characters.
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Hehe, I'm pretty sure such games are happening less now, with the nerfed tokens.
  • HailMary wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Aah, okay... That'll at least give me a base of points, but people still seem to get a lot of points really quickly in these things.
    Some people also field very fast killing teams, e.g. Patch/Punisher + CMags, not to mention the increased match damage that simply comes from higher-level characters.
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Hehe, I'm pretty sure such games are happening less now, with the nerfed tokens.

Really? Huh... I need to get back into the SHIELD Training and LRs for the Iso-8 then.

And they're slightly less annoying in the LRs since I can have OBW there to help with healing. icon_razz.gif
  • The Hood LR that's going on right now was behaving very strange for me. I kept getting the seed teams over and over, until they were awarding 10 points at a time. When they finally went away and I had actual players in my queues, I'd risen up to 240 points.
    Not that I'm complaining...
  • dearbluey wrote:
    The Hood LR that's going on right now was behaving very strange for me. I kept getting the seed teams over and over, until they were awarding 10 points at a time. When they finally went away and I had actual players in my queues, I'd risen up to 240 points.

I played four matches and a "real" team came up, so I put in my tank team... and then noticed kicksthatkick had replaced freerangecage (who I had beat with my tank team). I didn't feel like redoing the tank team missions, but something odd does seem to be going on.
  • As much as I dislike the token switch, I have picked up two Psylocke covers and a Lazy Thor in the last 24 hours. This does eliminate the complaining when people with maxed villains compete to win in LR.
  • Ghast wrote:
    As much as I dislike the token switch, I have picked up two Psylocke covers and a Lazy Thor in the last 24 hours. This does eliminate the complaining when people with maxed villains compete to win in LR.

People were complaining about rewards in the Villian lightning rounds because they have maxed villains? Oh the horror!!!! Does D3 only cater to the richest 1%?

Let us know how you feel when you pull a bagman token.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    MikeHock wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    As much as I dislike the token switch, I have picked up two Psylocke covers and a Lazy Thor in the last 24 hours. This does eliminate the complaining when people with maxed villains compete to win in LR.

People were complaining about rewards in the Villian lightning rounds because they have maxed villains? Oh the horror!!!! Does D3 only cater to the richest 1%?

I don't think you read that correctly...
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    The Hood LR that's going on right now was behaving very strange for me. I kept getting the seed teams over and over, until they were awarding 10 points at a time. When they finally went away and I had actual players in my queues, I'd risen up to 240 points.

I played four matches and a "real" team came up, so I put in my tank team... and then noticed kicksthatkick had replaced freerangecage (who I had beat with my tank team). I didn't feel like redoing the tank team missions, but something odd does seem to be going on.

I've seen that happen now and then, I think it means there's not enough people in your MMR yet to just show players.
  • Nemek wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

Perhaps I did. No one's perfect, but I don't think I misunderstood.

What else would this mean?
    "This does eliminate the complaining when people with maxed villains compete to win in LR"
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

Reading Comprehension Epic Fail on your part.

People (probably you) were complaining when people with maxed villains used to compete in the LR. Now there's no more reason to complain about them, because the tokens have uses for those with maxed villains whereas the villain covers did not.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Lucky yous, who pulled anything nice from a nerf token. I guess I will get one-two useful covers in the last LR of this week, just like last week. Not complaining... ISO is still great, I'm looking to push the Hulk past 100 levels tomorrow.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I was just attacked by Acace, that player has one impressive roster. Lots of maxed 141's.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    MikeHock wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

Perhaps I did. No one's perfect, but I don't think I misunderstood.

What else would this mean?
    "This does eliminate the complaining when people with maxed villains compete to win in LR"

Maybe I'm not understanding your statement, either. But, the original statement says that the people with low-mid level rosters were complaining about people with maxed villains competing in LRs. Your statement makes it seem like the people that were complaining were the ones with maxed villains.
  • I will not be pushing for #1-2 this round and I am fine with either diabolical or Heroic tokens. I will not retaliate if anyone looking to place attacks me.

EDIT: Or not; that is fine too.
  • jozier wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

Reading Comprehension Epic Fail on your part.

People (probably you) were complaining when people with maxed villains used to compete in the LR. Now there's no more reason to complain about them, because the tokens have uses for those with maxed villains whereas the villain covers did not.

It does appear I did misunderstand Ghasts statement. Also, I've never complained about people with maxed villain covers competing in the Lightning Rounds andnever noticed too many complaints about that issue. Seriously, was that so much of a problem that D3 decided to change the reward structure, scaling back by 1000%?!? No, I'm guessing it was done because they want to minimize rewards so that people spend more money.

What I am complaining about now is the absurd reduction in rewards in villain lighting rounds. What I usually complain about is poor communication & poor customer service. It's pretty ballsy and rude to change the reward structure after it's been the same for months & then not say anything about it.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    @Nogard, you were literally the only person who attacked me the entire round (Dhaden).
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Should I be happy or irritated that I have gotten almost enough covers to max Venom and Juggernaut from these LRs. Just need 2 purple Venoms and 2 red Juggernauts now.