Villain Lightning Rounds 4-15 to 4-17

Options

Comments

• Did any of you top guys from this hood lightning round (or anyone I guess) run into a guy named spanksen? he was somehow hitting me and i'm sure other top guys at 500 points with his default 23 hood, 63 torch and 62 2* wolverine. His roster is pretty much nothing. I have 3 141's in my team and he was hitting me quicker than I could hit him. Prolly gonna report him right now but I just reported slobofix a couple hours ago and I don't want them to ignore me lol.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    Did any of you top guys from this hood lightning round (or anyone I guess) run into a guy named spanksen? he was somehow hitting me and i'm sure other top guys at 500 points with his default 23 hood, 63 torch and 62 2* wolverine. His roster is pretty much nothing. I have 3 141's in my team and he was hitting me quicker than I could hit him. Prolly gonna report him right now but I just reported slobofix a couple hours ago and I don't want them to ignore me lol.
    Yep, bughunt got hit by him more than once. He retal'd successfully with seconds to go, though. icon_e_wink.gif
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Did any of you top guys from this hood lightning round (or anyone I guess) run into a guy named spanksen? he was somehow hitting me and i'm sure other top guys at 500 points with his default 23 hood, 63 torch and 62 2* wolverine. His roster is pretty much nothing. I have 3 141's in my team and he was hitting me quicker than I could hit him. Prolly gonna report him right now but I just reported slobofix a couple hours ago and I don't want them to ignore me lol.

I hit him once, then got hit 3 times by him. Twice were fairly close together (but not so fast it wasn't possible) and once was with about 2 mins to go (<1 min displayed). I had to beat him within 2 mins to keep hold of top 8 spot and managed it with only about 5-10 sec to spare.

I was using 113 Magneto (buffed to 169ish), 110 Hood (buffed to 165ish), 75 Doom (buffed to 112ish).
  • HailMary wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    Yep, bughunt got hit by him more than once. He retal'd successfully with seconds to go, though. icon_e_wink.gif

I unfortunately had to hit bughunt because this guy attacked me like 3 times in a row and I needed my top 8. sorry about that btw!
  • bughunt wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:

I hit him once, then got hit 3 times by him. Twice were fairly close together (but not so fast it wasn't possible) and once was with about 2 mins to go (<1 min displayed). I had to beat him within 2 mins to keep hold of top 8 spot and managed it with only about 5-10 sec to spare.

I was using 113 Magneto (buffed to 169ish), 110 Hood (buffed to 165ish), 75 Doom (buffed to 112ish).

Even with boosts there is really no way he could beat us that consistently and certainly not that fast. I think I am gonna report him.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    I unfortunately had to hit bughunt because this guy attacked me like 3 times in a row and I needed my top 8. sorry about that btw!

No problem icon_e_smile.gif I was up to something like 570 at one point, so expected I would become a juicy target. I got hit a few times and got knocked back to ~480, but there was enough time to get back into top 8 range. I thought if I attacked Spanksen there was a possibility I'd get an almost instant retaliation so just left him in queue, but the attack within the last 2 mins meant that I needed to beat him quickly to get enough points to hold onto top 8 & I don't think even he could retaliate with 5-10 sec left.
  • Well its official. They nerfed these one's too. icon_cry.gif
    Linkster79 wrote:
    What now is the point of having a character specific lightning round if the reward does not correspond to the actual event? If I wanted to work on my C.Mags I would enter the appropriate lightning round, now I have the exact same chance of getting Classic Magneto covers from Ragnaroks lightning rounds as I do Dr. Dooms.

As has been stated before Lightning Rounds are an absolute feeding frenzy in a shark tank, but when you finally got those elusive covers that you had been coveting for so long it was worth it as you knew you had worked hard for them. Now it seems that no matter how much effort you put in you may never get that last blue Classic Magneto cover unless a random number generator goes in your favour.

Long story short this is a piss poor decision that needs to be changed back as soon as possible.

This change is crapola. I sure am happy I got my Magneto and Doom covers when I did. It took 3-4 months of playing this game to be able to finally finish in the top in a Lightning Round and now the rewards are... well awful. Thanks, but no thanks, I won't be grinding for 90 minutes for a small chance at the cover that was previously offered.

It is painfully obvious that D3 is pulling back ISO and cover rewards and now the Villain Lightning Round.

Let's face it, THEY JUST WANT YOUR DAMN MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

These are obvious attempts to increase their profits and squeeze more money out of you. Here are some of the recent changes scaling back rewards:
    1. Taking away the "guaranteed hero or villain" in the 10 packs and now offering 25% at a 3* with each cover
    2. One Cover reward is now only available to top alliances in each event
    3. Lower ISO rewards (like the current Venom heroic mission offering 70, 100 and 200 ISO instead of 100, 250 and 500)

Why is it that D3 neglects to share this information in the patch notes and updates? It is pretty backhanded and slimy. I will never spend any money$ on this game. I paid my $6-7 for cover slots early on, but they can go eff themselves if they think I'm going to feed their ****.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Well its official. They nerfed these one's too. icon_cry.gif
    Linkster79 wrote:
    What now is the point of having a character specific lightning round if the reward does not correspond to the actual event? If I wanted to work on my C.Mags I would enter the appropriate lightning round, now I have the exact same chance of getting Classic Magneto covers from Ragnaroks lightning rounds as I do Dr. Dooms.

As has been stated before Lightning Rounds are an absolute feeding frenzy in a shark tank, but when you finally got those elusive covers that you had been coveting for so long it was worth it as you knew you had worked hard for them. Now it seems that no matter how much effort you put in you may never get that last blue Classic Magneto cover unless a random number generator goes in your favour.

Long story short this is a piss poor decision that needs to be changed back as soon as possible.

This change is crapola. I sure am happy I got my Magneto and Doom covers when I did. It took 3-4 months of playing this game to be able to finally finish in the top in a Lightning Round and now the rewards are... well awful. Thanks, but no thanks, I won't be grinding for 90 minutes for a small chance at the cover that was previously offered.

It is painfully obvious that D3 is pulling back ISO and cover rewards and now the Villain Lightning Round.

These are obvious attempts to increase their profits and squeeze more money out of you. Here are some of the recent changes scaling back rewards:
    1. Taking away the "guaranteed hero or villain" in the 10 packs and now offering 25% at a 3* with each cover
    3. Lower ISO rewards (like the current Venom heroic mission offering 70, 100 and 200 ISO instead of 100, 250 and 500)

Why is it that D3 neglects to share this information in the patch notes and updates? It is pretty backhanded and slimy. I will never spend any money$ on this game. I paid my $6-7 for cover slots early on, but they can go eff themselves if they think I'm going to feed their ****.

With the recent announcement, it seems like they've determined that they want to give out more rewards and have more ways to get rewards (alliance rewards, season rewards), but they want the "value" of the reward economy to stay the same so the rewards themselves will decrease in value
  • Am I reading this right???????????? I took the screen shot from the current Magneto Lightning round.

A 10% chance of the features villains????? If so, this is worse than I thought. Villain Lighting are now worth dog vomit.

page_1.jpg

page_2.jpg
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As pointless as Courageous were... I get changing the purchased tokens, since they were 'too good a rate' for 3-star to gold spent... But making LRs have no prize but iso is just a bizarre design decision.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Well its official. They nerfed these one's too. icon_cry.gif
    Linkster79 wrote:

These changes have all be ****.

Ever since they started messing with the PvP award structure (top 10 instead of top 15 for two covers), every single change has made the game worse rather than better.

As far as I can tell, (outside of straight up buying a cover), there are no tokens (or even packs) that guarantee a 3* cover.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Am I reading this right???????????? I took the screen shot from the current Magneto Lightning round.
    A 10% chance of the features villains????? If so, this is worse than I thought. Villain Lighting are now worth dog vomit.
    page_1.jpg
    page_2.jpg
    /lies
    MAN! I hadn't looked at that... I didn't realize I was so 'lucky' with my nothing but Daken/Bullseye draws from LR prizes.
  • And I was just going to doubt my decision of going to the x2 standard heroic every time as I only got one usable cover last week for a bad character.

Guess I was right all along. I for one do not want the increased chance to those covers as I only need 1 red rags to finish the villains...shoulda done it a months ago sigh,
  • I always suspected LR is meant to be the least valuable tournament in terms of reward, and I'm surprised it took this long for the 3* covers to go away. The fact is that despite players claim this is some kind of endgame content, it's always supposed to be the least valuable tournament which is why the prizes suck now. It just took a very long time for D3 to realize that the rewards they were giving out is way too good. If you were lucky and won back then, consider yourself lucky (I did too).
  • Phantron wrote:
    I always suspected LR is meant to be the least valuable tournament in terms of reward, and I'm surprised it took this long for the 3* covers to go away. The fact is that despite players claim this is some kind of endgame content, it's always supposed to be the least valuable tournament which is why the prizes suck now. It just took a very long time for D3 to realize that the rewards they were giving out is way too good. If you were lucky and won back then, consider yourself lucky (I did too).

It took me 3-4 months to finally finish high and win a 3* cover in a lightning round. It's not as if someone can just start playing and do well in a Lightning Round. It take a lot of time in addition to the 90 minutes that you are fighting.

It's one thing to say rewards were too good, but the drastic change is downright a slap in the face. Seriously, why don't they announce something this drastic? They have patch notes and news pop ups, but stuff like this and rising costs of boosts don't get announced. It's pretty underhanded. Again, this is a craaaaaaaaaaaazy change; to go from guaranteed cover to a 2.4% chance of winning (insert your lightning round villain here) and a 10% chance of winning a 3* villain overall!
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the needed rewards now what are the chances we could get full time lightning rounds as a constant way to just play the game. Is there really a good reason to restrict these to 3 weekdays when lots of people are working.
  • Copps wrote:
    With the needed rewards now what are the chances we could get full time lightning rounds as a constant way to just play the game. Is there really a good reason to restrict these to 3 weekdays when lots of people are working.

Whoa now don't get crazy!

Actually that would be good if they were increased to like 3 hour tourneys maybe? May make it more frustrating to play hmm.

Or just mash everything into one giant rotation where every 3* gets his own round. Except DD, nobody likes him.
  • Have they taken out the scrubbiest seed teams? I only got Battle Angel, Haiguyzdoom, BaconMagic, FrownyJonah, and HipDudeGlasses. No Chopstuck, no Kicksthatkick, no Pyromantic, no FreeRangeCage (sniff - my favorite). I may need to figure out an alternate tank team if it needs to be able to take out Bacon Magic - Bagman and Yelena won't work. What's good on offense but useless on defense?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Have they taken out the scrubbiest seed teams? I only got Battle Angel, Haiguyzdoom, BaconMagic, FrownyJonah, and HipDudeGlasses. No Chopstuck, no Kicksthatkick, no Pyromantic, no FreeRangeCage (sniff - my favorite). I may need to figure out an alternate tank team if it needs to be able to take out Bacon Magic - Bagman and Yelena won't work. What's good on offense but useless on defense?

Nope just unlucky. I hit everyone those in the last two rounds. Final tank team on FreeRangeCage both times. They did adjust the team makes though. You see some level 9 Thors and level 8 shieldbros in there now.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Have they taken out the scrubbiest seed teams? I only got Battle Angel, Haiguyzdoom, BaconMagic, FrownyJonah, and HipDudeGlasses. No Chopstuck, no Kicksthatkick, no Pyromantic, no FreeRangeCage (sniff - my favorite). I may need to figure out an alternate tank team if it needs to be able to take out Bacon Magic - Bagman and Yelena won't work. What's good on offense but useless on defense?

Weird, I still see those teams pop up. I would recommend MN Mags / C. Storm if you have them at a low level: those guys are pretty amazing on offense and terrible on defense.