Villain Lightning Rounds 4-15 to 4-17

Placeholder for the upcoming Villain Lightning Rounds announced in-game

Let's hope they haven't nerfed the villanous packs like they did the courageous packs.

EDIT - Times and prizes fixed.

ORDER (All times EST)

Doctor Doom- 12pm, 10pm, 8am, 6pm, 4am

Loki - 2pm, 12am, 10am, 8pm, 6am

Hood - 4pm, 2am, 12pm, 10pm, 8am

Magneto - 6pm, 4am, 2pm, 12am, 10am

Ragnarok - 8pm, 6am, 4pm, 2am, NOPE

Progression Awards
25 - 140 ISO
50 - Standard token
100 - 250 ISO
250 - Standard token
500 - 500 ISO

Tournament Rewards
1 - 2 - 3 Diabolical tokens, 500 ISO
3 - 8 - 2 Diabolical tokens, 500 ISO
9 - 25 - Diabolical token, 500 ISO
26 - 50 - 2 Heroic tokens, 500 ISO
51 - 100 - Heroic Token, 250 ISO
101 - 250 - 500 ISO
251 - 500 - 250 ISO
501 - 1000 - 140 ISO
1001 - 100000 - 70 ISO

Comments

• Guess I should stop being lazy and get my last villian cover red rags. In before rewards butcher. You know it's going to happen.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Guess I should stop being lazy and get my last villian cover red rags. In before rewards butcher. You know it's going to happen.

How much effort are you willing to put in to get a red, since you have to finish top 8?

If they haven't nerfed the packs yet, I'm planning on getting several of them since I've got enough green Rags. Only ones I don't need ATM are that and black Hood.
  • They killed LR rewards for heroes last week; I could easily see them doing villains the same way this week. LRs will turn into everybody putting in their tank teams and then waiting for attacks that never come. Note: if Yelena and/or Bagman are on my team, feel free to attack without fear of retaliation.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    They killed LR rewards for heroes last week; I could easily see them doing villains the same way this week. LRs will turn into everybody putting in their tank teams and then waiting for attacks that never come. Note: if Yelena and/or Bagman are on my team, feel free to attack without fear of retaliation.

Even now, putting in 45 minutes or a half hour to crank to top50 and get two Heroics seems like it's not a BAD deal...
  • gamar wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    They killed LR rewards for heroes last week; I could easily see them doing villains the same way this week. LRs will turn into everybody putting in their tank teams and then waiting for attacks that never come. Note: if Yelena and/or Bagman are on my team, feel free to attack without fear of retaliation.

Even now, putting in 45 minutes or a half hour to crank to top50 and get two Heroics seems like it's not a BAD deal...
    If the rewards are as uninspiring as last week, my plan is to go for 100 or 250 points, then tank every round. My time is worth more than a couple of heroics or faux diabolical tokens (i.e. "increased chance").
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    Guess I should stop being lazy and get my last villian cover red rags. In before rewards butcher. You know it's going to happen.

How much effort are you willing to put in to get a red, since you have to finish top 8?

If they haven't nerfed the packs yet, I'm planning on getting several of them since I've got enough green Rags. Only ones I don't need ATM are that and black Hood.

Doesn't CMags Red require Top 2? I thought Blue was the top 8 prize?
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Yes to both, which is why my Mags is currently 4/1/5. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

He is going for his last red Rag cover. Let's hope top 8 still gives that instead of two "new" Diabolical tokens that mostly give to Daken and Bullseye.
  • Well its official. They nerfed these one's too. icon_cry.gif
  • And our fears are confirmed. Super sucktastic Diabolical tokens for all.

These really are evil.
  • Tokens, tokens everywhere! icon_mad.gif
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    annnnd speed evil is officially dead for me as well....why bother killing my mmr for a 20% chance of a ***?
  • Boo! Hiss!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    1.7% chance for a villain... are you kidding me? This is idiotic.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    How can anyone be surprised? After last week's hero LRs this was to be expected.
    Still, sucks for people gunning for a specific cover.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    1.7% chance for a villain... are you kidding me? This is idiotic.
    Yeah, why even bother calling them Courageous and Diabolical anymore?

For all intents and purposes they are fractionally better Heroic tokens.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Yay for another week of Iso farming and Heroic tokens! I guess I ain't gettin' those last two blue CMags covers anytime soon. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_cry.gif
  • **** that, I knew it...

I better farm that LRs right now, because I'll surely get that one specific Hood cover I'm missing..... /s
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I find the most infuriating is the fact that Lightning rounds are probably the most competitive event in this whole game but now the rewards are total ****. You're fighting anyone who's participating, there are no brackets, its tough as hell to place well. If they want to keep those rewards, make some brackets because it is way too aggravating too fight for 90 minutes to get another ** I don't need.
  • I won 6 matches from people attacking and retreating to me in the first 15 minutes. And without even looking I knew that meant tokens had replaced covers.