Villain Lightning Rounds 4-15 to 4-17

Options

Comments

• Posted this in the meme topic, but since this event inspired me, I figure it deserves to be in this topic as well

FSuZdDe.png
  • Are there any covers? I went home at lunch too late for seed teams, fought four matches against actual people to put me above 100, but didn't see anyone weak enough to put a tank team in. I noticed they gutted the tokens, but forgot to check whether there are cover rewards or not.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What now is the point of having a character specific lightning round if the reward does not correspond to the actual event? If I wanted to work on my C.Mags I would enter the appropriate lightning round, now I have the exact same chance of getting Classic Magneto covers from Ragnaroks lightning rounds as I do Dr. Dooms.

As has been stated before Lightning Rounds are an absolute feeding frenzy in a shark tank, but when you finally got those elusive covers that you had been coveting for so long it was worth it as you knew you had worked hard for them. Now it seems that no matter how much effort you put in you may never get that last blue Classic Magneto cover unless a random number generator goes in your favour.

Long story short this is a piss poor decision that needs to be changed back as soon as possible.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    What now is the point of having a character specific lightning round if the reward does not correspond to the actual event? If I wanted to work on my C.Mags I would enter the appropriate lightning round, now I have the exact same chance of getting Classic Magneto covers from Ragnaroks lightning rounds as I do Dr. Dooms.

As has been stated before Lightning Rounds are an absolute feeding frenzy in a shark tank, but when you finally got those elusive covers that you had been coveting for so long it was worth it as you knew you had worked hard for them. Now it seems that no matter how much effort you put in you may never get that last blue Classic Magneto cover unless a random number generator goes in your favour.

Long story short this is a piss poor decision that needs to be changed back as soon as possible.

To be fair, the previous reward structure never made sense to me... to get those coveted c Mags covers, you have to use your c Mags, which is probably subpar because you're looking for c Mags covers...?
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    Now it seems that no matter how much effort you put in you may never get that last blue Classic Magneto cover unless a random number generator goes in your favour.

Or... you know... you can spend $$ on that last cover... save yourself the pain and suffering.

But, isn't that the answer to nearly everything in this game?
  • grael23
    grael23 Posts: 54
    Options
    Fantastic.

Finished top 8. Two tokens. Both 2*.

If I knew there was a 20% chance of a 3* I wouldn't have bothered. I have better things to do with my time.

Obviously they felt they were giving away too much before. Now it's way too little.

How about a compromise?

One specific cover and a number of courageous tokens for placement? Then rotate the specific cover every LR?

That's reasonable, right?

This way we know what we're getting, but we're not getting too much.
  • I won 6 matches from people attacking and retreating to me in the first 15 minutes. And without even looking I knew that meant tokens had replaced covers.

I did retreat maybe three or four times from match with you as you kept appearing in my first nodes again and again, besides really easy seed teams before had I started playing, so I didnt have to pay skiptax and cant lose points, because I there aint any yet. Dont know if you gained any, since it shows only losing zero points for me.

I did quite good, untill same tinykitty guy attacked me five times in about last half an hour, and stole over hundred points with buffed almost twice as big goons as mine. So frustrating that I couldn hit him back at all. There really should be limit how many times you can attack someone if they dont hit you back.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    Guess I should stop being lazy and get my last villian cover red rags. In before rewards butcher. You know it's going to happen.

How much effort are you willing to put in to get a red, since you have to finish top 8?

If they haven't nerfed the packs yet, I'm planning on getting several of them since I've got enough green Rags. Only ones I don't need ATM are that and black Hood.

Ya it was trivial to place top 8. Decided I wanted to go for it with 20 minutes 2 weeks ago and finished 4th. Maxed Hood Cmag carrying rag. It's harder placing in 25-50 without getting bumped into the 9-25 bracket.

But looks like they nerfed if as predicted... Guess I will get that cover whenever... Sigh...
  • On the bright side, they got people to stop making threads asking when Lightning Rounds start.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Has the bottom right node for the Doom rounds always been Latverian Terrain? It's been so long since I've looked over there in LRs that it could have changed months ago and I would never have known.

I don't remember either, but I'm kind of sure Loki's wasn't Mountain? Maybe?

If the LRs now have "non-standard" locations that's kind of neat, I guess
  • Hmm. Not sure what kind of team to go with in these LRs. None of the villains I have are really high enough leveled to use. Should I just go with my higher leveled characters, like OBW, MN Thor, and CStorm?

Just gonna do these for the Iso-8 since I doubt I'll get very close to the Top rewards.
  • Did the buff's get adjusted? My team is damaged can't tell but I think my attacks are doing less. And people are attacking my defensive team with 7x spideys and winning... I don't think these people hit the memo...
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Well 20+ defeats should drop my mmr ao I stop seeing only lvl 141s in my first avenger bracket. (I hope) icon_e_confused.gif
  • Miaomew wrote:
    I won 6 matches from people attacking and retreating to me in the first 15 minutes. And without even looking I knew that meant tokens had replaced covers.

I did retreat maybe three or four times from match with you as you kept appearing in my first nodes again and again, besides really easy seed teams before had I started playing, so I didnt have to pay skiptax and cant lose points, because I there aint any yet. Dont know if you gained any, since it shows only losing zero points for me.

I did quite good, untill same tinykitty guy attacked me five times in about last half an hour, and stole over hundred points with buffed almost twice as big goons as mine. So frustrating that I couldn hit him back at all. There really should be limit how many times you can attack someone if they dont hit you back.

Thank you for the points! I made Progression rewards up to 250 and the Top 25! And all I did was play seed teams and win points from your retreats and another player who must have been doing the same thing.

That's a smart way to keep that iso tax from biting you in the butt. I will have to keep that in mind when I get into Skip territory next pvp.
  • Grabbed my 500 ISO. Anyone that wants to whack me now, feel free. I will not tag you back.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thought I was going to get first, but I got ganked by ghast and 2 other guys in the last 2 minutes. So 8th place for me. icon_cry.gif
  • T-REZ5000 wrote:
    Thought I was going to get first, but I got ganked by ghast and 2 other guys in the last 2 minutes. So 8th place for me. icon_cry.gif

Oh dude, I did not know that you were a member here. I will yield to you a bunch in the next few rounds.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    T-REZ5000 wrote:

Oh dude, I did not know that you were a member here. I will yield to you a bunch in the next few rounds.
    It's all good. I probably would have dropped out of top 2 between the other two attacks anyhow.
  • Didnt even get rewards for the last round yet what the eff.
  • A DESERT NODE HAS HIT THE LRs

I REPEAT, A DESERT NODE HAS HIT THE LRs