Villain Lightning Rounds 4-15 to 4-17

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    1.7% chance for a villain... are you kidding me? This is idiotic.
    Yeah, why even bother calling them Courageous and Diabolical anymore?

For all intents and purposes they are fractionally better Heroic tokens.

Not quite right...

1.7% for a Hood or Magneto color... so... 0.57% chance of an exact color (Example: pulling CMags Red)
    1.2% for Doom, Ragnarok, or Loki... so 0.60% chance of an exact color.

1.2% chance for IW or X-Force

0.9% chance for any other 3*** character.

7.1% chance for any 2** except Bullseye and Daken, which are at 4.7%

Ballpark average... A Diabolical token has a 1 in 5 chance of a random 3***, versus 1 in 7 for a standard Heroic Token.

Credit to Milambus on the 2 cover catch, which normalizes their drop chances with characters with 3 covers.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Ok tank team in. Please attack bag lady and rags. There will be no retals. Promised by your friendly neighborhood Spiderman icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    What I find the most infuriating is the fact that Lightning rounds are probably the most competitive event in this whole game but now the rewards are total ****. You're fighting anyone who's participating, there are no brackets, its tough as hell to place well. If they want to keep those rewards, make some brackets because it is way too aggravating too fight for 90 minutes to get another ** I don't need.

We are pretty sure that there are two brackets now. You might wind up in a different one if you enter late in the round, but generally that means you enter too late to place well.

EDIT: Math! My deadliest nemesis.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for doing the math Lyrian, these odds are still terrible icon_e_sad.gif
  • Has the bottom right node for the Doom rounds always been Latverian Terrain? It's been so long since I've looked over there in LRs that it could have changed months ago and I would never have known.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    1.7% chance for a villain... are you kidding me? This is idiotic.
    Yeah, why even bother calling them Courageous and Diabolical anymore?

For all intents and purposes they are fractionally better Heroic tokens.

but, but they're DOUBLE chance of getting a villain.....too bad double next to nothing still is nearly next to nothing :/
  • If they actually bracketed LRs I would be 100% ok with this. I am in transition to 3*s, but some chance with tokens for me is better than very slim chances with covers as rewards, which requires massive amounts of tanking before I'm invisible.
  • Did anyone else encounter the weakest seed teams at the start of this round? I skipped BattleAngel and HIPDUDE (or whatever it is called) a few times, but kept getting the 'stronger' versions of the seed teams. Admittedly, these are still powder puff, but curious to know whether they've sent a few of the seed teams out to pasture.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    I love the feeling of retreating against people who have bagman in!

It seems almost like winning!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    Did anyone else encounter the weakest seed teams at the start of this round? I skipped BattleAngel and HIPDUDE (or whatever it is called) a few times, but kept getting the 'stronger' versions of the seed teams. Admittedly, these are still powder puff, but curious to know whether they've sent a few of the seed teams out to pasture.
    I encountered two bottom-tier seed teams. I usually encounter 7-8. Also, is it just me, or did some of the second-tier seed teams get bumped from L30 to L50+?
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    i-am-amish wrote:
    If they actually bracketed LRs I would be 100% ok with this. I am in transition to 3*s, but some chance with tokens for me is better than very slim chances with covers as rewards, which requires massive amounts of tanking before I'm invisible.

Agreed. If they bracketed these I could see it being a boon to the average members of the community a whole lot more.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    Did anyone else encounter the weakest seed teams at the start of this round? I skipped BattleAngel and HIPDUDE (or whatever it is called) a few times, but kept getting the 'stronger' versions of the seed teams. Admittedly, these are still powder puff, but curious to know whether they've sent a few of the seed teams out to pasture.

I had that free cage dude with lvl 1 storm and IM35 in it
  • In the Recruit section, Diabolical tokens now say "Double Chance of Featured Villains!". I would guess that is the only difference between them and a Heroic token.

The Diabolical 10-pack is "Triple Chance of Featured Villains!".

Drop rates are here:
    https://api.demiurgeserver0.net/drop_ta ... 549FBDD6C/

The odds work out to:
    7% chance for a 3-star villain
    13.2% chance of a 3-star hero
    80.4% chance of a 2-star

Yes, that is 100.6% total.

The 10-pack is:
    10.3% chance for a 3-star villain
    13.2% chance for a 3-star hero
    77% chance for a 2-star
    (100.5% total)
    Lyrian wrote:
    1.2% for Doom, Ragnarok, or Loki... so 0.40% chance of an exact color.

Very small nit-pick, but these characters only have 2 covers. So its 0.6% for the exact color cover.
  • The Ladder wrote:

Hmmm, they must be avoiding me then! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kalex716 wrote:
    I love the feeling of retreating against people who have bagman in!

It seems almost like winning!

You must be scared of him after being gently coerced into using him in Heroic and seeing his amazing abilities...
  • Milambus wrote:
    In the Recruit section, Diabolical tokens now say "Double Chance of Featured Villains!". I would guess that is the only difference between them and a Heroic token.

The Diabolical 10-pack is "Triple Chance of Featured Villains!".

Drop rates are here:
    https://api.demiurgeserver0.net/drop_ta ... 549FBDD6C/

The odds work out to:
    7% chance for a 3-star villain
    13.2% chance of a 3-star hero
    80.4% chance of a 2-star

Yes, that is 100.6% total.

The 10-pack is:
    10.3% chance for a 3-star villain
    13.2% chance for a 3-star hero
    77% chance for a 2-star
    (100.5% total)
    Lyrian wrote:
    1.2% for Doom, Ragnarok, or Loki... so 0.40% chance of an exact color.

Very small nit-pick, but these characters only have 2 covers. So its 0.6% for the exact color cover.

I would guess that there is some rounding going on with these figures - in other words, the accurate percentage total to infinite decimal places (or there abouts) for all of them ought to add up to exactly 100%. Doesn't really make sense otherwise.

I better go and hide now, before Nemek admonishes me for talking about a mathematical topic... icon_e_geek.gif
  • you should probably fix rewards in the 1st post.
    got wolv X-F from diabolical token lol..
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Hmmm, they must be avoiding me then! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Can't blame them :p
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Well.. just decided to test my luck which hasn't been great recently. Pulled a diabolical token. Gold? Woo hoo not another two * I have to sell off. Wait a sec?!?!? My very first classic Spider-Man cover?!?!?! Wa hoo! That is the best pull I'll ever have. Hands down. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go be happy for the rest of the month now icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:

I only got 3 matches against the weak seed teams before getting swapped over to actual opponents. Got me to ~71 pts. Usually I can get to ~150 before that happens. Had to beat up on real people to push over 100 this round. I thought maybe the LR's were seeing heavy activity early, but I've only been attacked twice since putting in my tank team of lvl 9 bagman, lvl 1 venom and provided doom. icon_e_sad.gif

EDIT: Everything seemed normal during the 2nd round (Loki).