Villain Lightning Rounds 4-15 to 4-17

Options

Comments

• Well when you can win the final 200 iso reward from beating seed teams up to 270 and having your tank team in for 70 minutes...you know participation is dropping fast.

Guess people got the memo now.
  • I found FreeRangeCage, ChopStuck and Pyromantic. They were all hiding in my bottom two nodes! Again and again and again. frownyjonah sulked up top because nobody likes him.

I got my two recruits based off seed teams and one guy named "Naggersisblack" who I beat for obvious reasons.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I found FreeRangeCage, ChopStuck and Pyromantic. They were all hiding in my bottom two nodes! Again and again and again. frownyjonah sulked up top because nobody likes him.

I got my two recruits based off seed teams and one guy named "Naggersisblack" who I beat for obvious reasons.

I also take great pleasure in beating the **** out of players with racist/sexist/etc. names.
  • I'd like to chime in (probably #50 at this point), the % chance on these villains is friggin preposterous,

Lame, lame, shame.

Give us a break here d3p.

I recommend holding your tokens until these guys get some sense and spend them later.

Odds of getting one if you place top is so pitifully unlikely.

Clearly pushed too far on this and god forbid anyone bought this 10 pack for 3800 odds are really high you get none!
  • I have picked up a red Psylocke and a green Lazy Thor today, so it is not all that bad for me. For newer players hoping to build villains, this is a huge setback.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    If you ever get into my queue, Jack M of no alliance, I am gonna hit you multiple times like I already did with big green of Savages. I hate it when people hit me with 3 minutes to go, **** rewards notwithstanding. I can manage my own ranking without your attacks, thank you very much.
  • Sorry in advance but I need to vent...

I couldn't have been more excited...
    I finally finished first in a lightning round!

However, I hadn't realized I was only getting tokens (tiny kitty!) regardless... I was still excited thinking I would get at least one gold cover... Instead, I received an astonishing wolverine, modern hawkeye and a moonstone... ARGH!

What a waste of 1&1/2 hours...
  • locked wrote:
    If you ever get into my queue, Jack M of no alliance, I am gonna hit you multiple times like I already did with big green of Savages. I hate it when people hit me with 3 minutes to go, **** rewards notwithstanding. I can manage my own ranking without your attacks, thank you very much.

Ole boy hit me three times in the last 15 of the Loki LR... I also vow to smash him whenever I see him lol
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Sorry in advance but I need to vent...

I couldn't have been more excited...
    I finally finished first in a lightning round!

However, I hadn't realized I was only getting tokens (tiny kitty!) regardless... I was still excited thinking I would get at least one gold cover... Instead, I received an astonishing wolverine, modern hawkeye and a moonstone... ARGH!

What a waste of 1&1/2 hours...
    Heh, I got 3 2* for my earlier #1 finish, too: Moonstone, Bagman, C.Storm.

Funnily enough, I got three marginally useful covers from double-Heroic wins in other rounds. I finally 3/5/5'd my MN Mags! icon_razz.gif I hope he'll be useful at... some point.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like this is the thread to do the complaining in.

I'm still at 0 covers for both Mag's Red and Doom's Blue. There's no way I can put into action a plan to earn those now, it's going to be all down to luck (not entirely true - I'll just have to wait for the next non-LR PvP that features these covers as rewards and make my push in those; but who knows when that will be?). I feel like I'm shouting into the void, because whatever I say is meaningless - it's not going to elicit a response or reaction from anyone. I think I'm perhaps even more frustrated that we've gone back to "stealth" changes going in without either prior notification or follow up discussion - just "deal with it".

I can only speak for myself here, but a bit of communication would go a long way. There's every chance that the upcoming "season rewards" will feature something like 3* tokens or specific covers as rewards, and that's part of the reason LR's have been "toned down" - and if that is the case, it makes the reasoning behind this a little clearer, but as it stands, we're just seeing rewards being "taken away" and we just don't know what's going to happen next.
  • It's the Hood round again, and once again the tank-feeder seed teams are nowhere to be found =o
  • sms4002 wrote:
    bughunt wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    Did any of you top guys from this hood lightning round (or anyone I guess) run into a guy named spanksen? he was somehow hitting me and i'm sure other top guys at 500 points with his default 23 hood, 63 torch and 62 2* wolverine. His roster is pretty much nothing. I have 3 141's in my team and he was hitting me quicker than I could hit him. Prolly gonna report him right now but I just reported slobofix a couple hours ago and I don't want them to ignore me lol.

I hit him once, then got hit 3 times by him. Twice were fairly close together (but not so fast it wasn't possible) and once was with about 2 mins to go (<1 min displayed). I had to beat him within 2 mins to keep hold of top 8 spot and managed it with only about 5-10 sec to spare.

I was using 113 Magneto (buffed to 169ish), 110 Hood (buffed to 165ish), 75 Doom (buffed to 112ish).

Even with boosts there is really no way he could beat us that consistently and certainly not that fast. I think I am gonna report him.

Sorry i'm late to the party, but if you're still considering reporting him, please do.

I'm running 140LThor, 140BP and 150Cap (buffed) in First Avenger tourney, and he beat me twice in under a min with his default Lcap, 63 torch and 62 2* wolvie. I thought there was sth about a Torch-A.wolvie combo i didn't realise. Turns out it's probably something else, if you get what i mean.

Cheating. i meant cheating.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I found FreeRangeCage, ChopStuck and Pyromantic. They were all hiding in my bottom two nodes! Again and again and again. frownyjonah sulked up top because nobody likes him.

It's been weird for me - I've gotten into 4 LRs at the start this cycle, two were mainly the easy teams, two were exclusively the "hard" teams. I'm assuming that's just weird random chance, but I can't help but wonder if it's tied to mmr or something.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went in, beat up some seed teams until 180 or so, beat up a couple of real guys to get to 250, all of a sudden Frownyjonah shows up again.
    Makes you wonder whether there's some people tanked even _lower_ than the seed teams.
  • Got a useless A.Wolverine cover with my diabolical token. OK, it happens. Woukd be nice to get a three-star but OK. Why is he in there though? He's a hero!

Edit - Nevermind. Double chance of a featured villain.
  • Went in, beat up some seed teams until 180 or so, beat up a couple of real guys to get to 250, all of a sudden Frownyjonah shows up again.
    I think I've seen similar before -- maybe because there still aren't enough real people in your MMR range to give you real matches only?
  • Ghast wrote:
    I found FreeRangeCage, ChopStuck and Pyromantic. They were all hiding in my bottom two nodes!

Ah. They must all be over at your house - I haven't seen them at all so far in this weeks LR. Lots of Bacon Magic though!

.... mmmmm ... bacon....
  • How do people get such high points so quickly in these things???
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    How do people get such high points so quickly in these things???

MMR, lower it have easier teams to face
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    How do people get such high points so quickly in these things???

freerangecage, chopstuck, kicksthatkick, pyromantic...