Brigby and Cthulu - when we will get feedback?

Comments

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    It would be great if it were a 3* only and a 4* only store, tokens in progression. Move the 3* token to 575 for pvp, keep the 3* cover as is. Put the 4* token at 1k, the 10 cp at 1100, give people a reason to push again and use hp for shields. Pve just add to progression somewhere.

this makes sense, I just hope they don't take your advice... I have a hard time getting above 750 in PVP so I would miss that 10cp. That being said, those are just my personal gripes so I can adapt if need be. My ideal (even if not realistic) would be to remove the standard token at SCL7 and above, make that elite... then make the 3* where the elite used to be. Again, if impractical I am fine with any sort of change, I just hope they keep the 10CP within striking distance for me.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It makes sense if the goal of vaulting was to get us to participate in pvp otherwise, nope. it'd just lock a bunch more reward behind high numbers in post cupcake pvp.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be great if it were a 3* only and a 4* only store, tokens in progression. Move the 3* token to 575 for pvp, keep the 3* cover as is. Put the 4* token at 1k, the 10 cp at 1100, give people a reason to push again and use hp for shields. Pve just add to progression somewhere.

The way I see it: blah blah blah take 10 cp away from most players and put it at 1100 blah blah blah.

NO. Thank you.

Moving the cp to obtainable level was one of the greatest QoL improvements in this game in a long time. Don't suggest to take it away.

Not cool.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

No thanks. If we're trying to come up with more reasons for me to uninstall aside from vaulting old heroes, making the CP in PvP less attainable would absolutely be up there.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:

Having said that though, last time we spoke they had dwindled the evaluation options down to either a store or a vault, so it would seem they're close to settling on a design.
    (I speculate it would be similar to either a token store or an event vault, respectively)

A reasonable priced CP store, a HP store no. Don't break the game for people with 20 spots and getting 1 roster slot a week.

I have never once pulled an event token in 40 dats or so that was not a med pack, a 2 star, or 500 iso. Not once.

Please go with a new vaulted pack for 20/25 cp.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

I barely have any interest in PVP as-is. I've tried, *once* to reach the 4* cover in progressions, and found it to be neither worth my time nor HP lost.

It's just not a game mode I enjoy.

Zero interest in "oh hey here's a store/vault/whatever for those older 4's but you can ONLY get them through this one very specific path."

Hard pass.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

I barely have any interest in PVP as-is. I've tried, *once* to reach the 4* cover in progressions, and found it to be neither worth my time nor HP lost.

Zero interest in "oh hey here's a store/vault/whatever for those older 4's but you can ONLY get them through this one very specific path."

Hard pass.

The ONLY two times I've hit 900 was when my sole 4* champ (Medusa) was boosted. It seems unless you have high-covered/champed boosted 4*s or 5*s, it's pretty much out of the question.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Hard pass.

The ONLY two times I've hit 900 was when my sole 4* champ (Medusa) was boosted. It seems unless you have high-covered/champed boosted 4*s or 5*s, it's pretty much out of the question.

Need money or time to get there. But it'll happen if you keep on trucking.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Crnch73 wrote:

this makes sense, I just hope they don't take your advice... I have a hard time getting above 750 in PVP so I would miss that 10cp. That being said, those are just my personal gripes so I can adapt if need be. My ideal (even if not realistic) would be to remove the standard token at SCL7 and above, make that elite... then make the 3* where the elite used to be. Again, if impractical I am fine with any sort of change, I just hope they keep the 10CP within striking distance for me.

First, I applaud you for admitting this progression makes sense, even if it doesn't personally benefit you. Let's face it, getting half of a 4* cover BEFORE the 3* makes no sense.
    Also, before the current progression, 3* players could easily hit 900 off of 3* rosters, push a little for 1k. Why is that? Some say cupcakes, but I refuse to believe that 3* players were hitting 1* cakes from 600 on. In fact I know that isnt the case. So what gives? Before the participation trophy was placed at 575, 3* players pushed for 800 for the 3* cover, to 1000 for the 4*. Yes, 1000. The difference was you HAD to get there to get any 4* progress in pvp, so a lot more pushed, and the MMR rules for pvp protected them from much higher rosters (like they still do!). Put incentive back in there, people will push.

To the others who responded...there really seems to be a lot of vitriol regarding my pvp comments, and I dont get it. I'm suggesting adding a 3* and a 4* to progression, so that youd get 2 guaranteed 3s, and 3 guaranteed 4s for progression (or maybe 2 4s and a 5 if youre lucky!) for a little more effort. I dont see the issue. It would be the exact same thing people were doing a year ago with 3*, well after 4* ultraboosts and the prevalence of 5*. You just dont get a participation trophy. I ALSO suggested that the same additional rewards be added to pve progression if pvp isnt your thing. So...at least 5 shots a week at vaulted 3s and 5 shots at vaulted 4s if you play both modes. Far better than what it is now, and would go a long way to help the vaulting issue.

Lastly...threatening to uninstall the game if they add rewards is just silly....and it's been done for years now. Don't believe me? See: every single instance of forum rage ever.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact that you don't understand the backlash on your comments show you are living in a bubble. Is that bubble multiple 5* so you need points in the shards to climb - be a man and admit if you are in that boat.

A lot of people climb to 575 in PvP because of the CP (and they wont for an extra 3* cover). It's a decent goal for 3* roster and 4* transition roster while it's a an easy but desirable goal for the full 4* teams. I am the latter and I never go beyond 900 points. I don't want to as I find it frustrating and wasteful. Putting the reward I like at 1000 would not change that and 1100 even less. If anything - I would play less. You want to add the rewards in the current structure (say another 3* cover at 650-750 range and another 4* between 800 and 1000) - sure thing. But suggesting to remove the desirable and obtainable goal from the list sounds very selfish. You will not get people pushing more for you to get more targets. You will get more players deciding the idiotic PvP is worthless and sticking to PvE (check the thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=61660 - should be enough food for thought about your suggestion there).
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    As I said above, everything is simply high-level design right now, so intricate details such as in-game costs are not available to me. It's possible that the vault may not have the same content as an event vault, and it's possible that the new store follows the same format as Elite or Heroic Token stores. These are all details being fleshed out starting this week.

Has the idea of actually letting your players decide how they want their roster to develop been put forward as an option i.e. add a second version of each LT that also includes all the vaulted 4*s so that people have the option of collecting the newer characters faster or continuing to develop their roster more evenly?

Also, if bonus heroes are considered an integral part of roster building now, any chance of a mercy timer per tier, to ensure that people with poor rng don't get screwed by this feature as there are plenty of people who have had almost no bonus heroes outside of 3*s.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

The cp is fine where it is right now, acting as a useful incentive to bridge the gap to the 3* and 4* covers that are the limit for many players or as just a reason to go beyond 300 for others, pushing it back out past the 4* cover would be a bad idea as it wouldn't get people playing more so much as it would see people practically dropping pvp entirely, which was presumably the reason why it was added where it is now.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    As a 3* player 575 points is a nice goal for PvP. Uhm, let me rephrase that: It's a decent and achieveable reward most of the time. I wil, get clubbed to death if I don't shield afterwards, but that happens even when I sit at 300 points. In the current (f*ed up imo) PvP format, I'm just a cupcake for all the teams with boosted 4* champs. Whenever I get close to 600 poins, I'm the main target for everyone.

10cp is a half of LT which brings me just a little bit closer to champing anything 4*. I wouldn't bother grinding to 575 for anything else. In fact, whenever boosted 3* list doesn't let me build any decent team, I just stop at 300 (and still drop ~100 points in the final hours).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:

First, I applaud you for admitting this progression makes sense, even if it doesn't personally benefit you. Let's face it, getting half of a 4* cover BEFORE the 3* makes no sense.
    Also, before the current progression, 3* players could easily hit 900 off of 3* rosters, push a little for 1k. Why is that? Some say cupcakes, but I refuse to believe that 3* players were hitting 1* cakes from 600 on. In fact I know that isnt the case. So what gives? Before the participation trophy was placed at 575, 3* players pushed for 800 for the 3* cover, to 1000 for the 4*. Yes, 1000. The difference was you HAD to get there to get any 4* progress in pvp, so a lot more pushed, and the MMR rules for pvp protected them from much higher rosters (like they still do!). Put incentive back in there, people will push.

To the others who responded...there really seems to be a lot of vitriol regarding my pvp comments, and I dont get it. I'm suggesting adding a 3* and a 4* to progression, so that youd get 2 guaranteed 3s, and 3 guaranteed 4s for progression (or maybe 2 4s and a 5 if youre lucky!) for a little more effort. I dont see the issue. It would be the exact same thing people were doing a year ago with 3*, well after 4* ultraboosts and the prevalence of 5*. You just dont get a participation trophy. I ALSO suggested that the same additional rewards be added to pve progression if pvp isnt your thing. So...at least 5 shots a week at vaulted 3s and 5 shots at vaulted 4s if you play both modes. Far better than what it is now, and would go a long way to help the vaulting issue.

Lastly...threatening to uninstall the game if they add rewards is just silly....and it's been done for years now. Don't believe me? See: every single instance of forum rage ever.

I can see your reasoning here, its reasoning from a dev perspective. However I don't think it would be too popular with players. Many of the semi casual players or 4* transitioners go for the 575 cp because it represents an excellent effort:reward ratio. It also means that every 2 pvp they can progress their 4* roster. Using your suggestions they cannot - unless they start spending.

You are right it is possible to hit 900 without a champed 4* roster. I know because late last season I had none of the boosted 4* so I decided to try climbing to 900 justusing the boosted 3s to see how possible it is. I achieved it but I'd be lying if I said it was easy or worth it. The amount of time I spent climbing didn't feel like it was worth the effort and if that 4* cover had been at 1k (like you suggest) I would not have bothered. This is what people will do, it won't drive them to compete more it will just make them stop climbing as the reward does not reflect the effort needed. For players above the transitioner level yeah sure they probably will but then they would do anyway so why bother changing it? The change doesn't really benefit anyone and the whole purpose of putting that cp there originally and lowering the score for the 4* cover was to help transitioners. Asking people with incomplete rosters to compete with people who have complete rosters so that they can complete their rosters seems counter productive.
    3* covers don't help transitioners unless their transition is the 2->3* one.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I guess it'd help some of us if 10CP is removed. We simply wont bother trying pvp other than maybe a last hour snipe. Saves health packs and resources for PVE so instead of streching over 2 modes I can focus on one.

Its not like pvp needs players putting points on the board after all.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Putting the comedic element of the thread aside if its another store type thing its not a great help unless they do single pull option. Not unless they plan on stopping pumping out new characters like Trump pumps out tweets. Gold is for roster slots not poor value overexpensive vaults.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:

The way I see it: blah blah blah take 10 cp away from most players and put it at 1100 blah blah blah.

NO. Thank you.

Moving the cp to obtainable level was one of the greatest QoL improvements in this game in a long time. Don't suggest to take it away.

Not cool.

Yep, I play this game to relax and the pvp/ placement pve flies in the face of that. Pushing down the 10 cp would drive down player engagement far more than pvp already does...and besides, the odds of pulling dupe covers have drastically gone up with LTs so the devs aren't losing anything by having draw tokens based on the current output of available cp.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Magic wrote:

NO. Thank you.

Not cool.
    Same here: by vaulting some of the older 4*s have become a lot more difficult to obtain, bringing my progression from 3* to 4* almost to a screeching halt (almost ready to champed 4*s are dead in the water and I now keep pulling all new characters, basically starting over again).
    On top of that, let's push CP rewards much higher in PVP so we can pull even less LT's. Yeah, that'll help.

Mind you though, that I do understand the logic behind it: first earn a 3* cover before you earn CP that you can use to get a 4*-5* cover. Yeah I get that. But in the overall scheme of things, it will be yet another push down on the casual player that they'll all just end up leaving the game.

Because, you know, we do have jobs to attend to and can't grind for 20 hours each day.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:

So it makes more sense to move the half of 4 star beyond the 4 star

but makes no sense to move the 3 before the half of 4 star.

That's not logic, that's you just defending your own idea.

The worst part is you aren't actually thinking about what that will do.

More players will stop playing pvp at all if they only go to 575 now.
    They certainly didn't fight to the top when 25 was there so how would your idea change that.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's face it, getting half of a 4* cover BEFORE the 3* makes no sense.

Wrong. A 3* cover costs 20 CP. 10 CP is half of a 3* or a 6th of a 4*. Seems fair.
    Before the participation trophy was placed at 575, 3* players pushed for 800 for the 3* cover, to 1000 for the 4*. Yes, 1000. The difference was you HAD to get there to get any 4* progress in pvp, so a lot more pushed, and the MMR rules for pvp protected them from much higher rosters (like they still do!).

I would love the data to back this up (specifically the bolded). My guess is the players who hopped, spent money on the game and pushed then are the same ones doing it now, only with better rosters.

I'm guessing the ones who aren't now, didn't then but many will actually play PVP just for the "participation trophy" so overall it sees more traffic under this model than the old one. But I don't have the statistics that you do. So please share.
    Put incentive back in there, people will push.

Or they won't bother with the mode at all.