Brigby and Cthulu - when we will get feedback?

Comments

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, it's kinda getting to be a long time since we've heard about...anything?

Bonus Heroes/Vaulting dropped and they didn't say anything. I guess they corrected the wrong numbers in the Bag of Tricks token after a bunch of people opened a ton thinking they would have a better chance at getting Bonus Heroes. But to my knowledge, they didn't! Just a wrong number that incorrectly influenced people to use (some would say waste) their CP on this token because they thought it would give them more. And before you say, "It was their choice on what to spend the CP," I say, "Sure, but wouldn't you spend a little more CP on a token that gave MUCH better odds to pull an extra 4*, maybe a 5*?

And they haven't even announced anything about the new Iron Fist yet. It popped up in another website, but they haven't mentioned him at all. I think that's kinda weird. Is it because he's buggy? I know I shouldn't just assume everything always has a ton of bugs, but...isn't that what's been happening lately?

But they will definitely announce a sale for the 10th anniversary of Puzzle Quest! This will definitely bring in some money for them.

I think the only thing that will that will even catch their attention is lower spending from the players, but who knows.

Man, I'm sorry I went on a rant there. I was really just hoping to ask for any updates on whether Brigby and/or Cthulu would say anything soon. icon_lol.gif
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    New McG wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    That's cool and everything, but if I'm looking for my first 4* champ (and scaling jump) I want a top tier, not just above average. Peggy might be good enough, but she will roatate out before I have the chance to cover her. Then what? Hoard or get stuck in endless cycle of almost covering latest characters?
    Then pick someone like Carol, who is a monster and isn't rotating out anytime soon. Would you really have a great chance of covering any particular older "top tier" character by drawing tokens that include 40+ 4*s? If you think you'll only get to "almost cover" when you pull from a pool of 12 characters, then I don't know what to tell you about trying to catch up on covering characters out of a group of 50 of them.

That would be true if I was just earning my first 4* covers.

But I have Cyclops at 8, same for Punisher, Thoress at 7 nad few more strong ones at ~6. What's the point of those characters now? I'm never getting placement or progression 4* in PvP without 4* champs, all I have left is PvE progression and lucky vault pulls.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Alsmir wrote:
    New McG wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    That's cool and everything, but if I'm looking for my first 4* champ (and scaling jump) I want a top tier, not just above average. Peggy might be good enough, but she will roatate out before I have the chance to cover her. Then what? Hoard or get stuck in endless cycle of almost covering latest characters?
    Then pick someone like Carol, who is a monster and isn't rotating out anytime soon. Would you really have a great chance of covering any particular older "top tier" character by drawing tokens that include 40+ 4*s? If you think you'll only get to "almost cover" when you pull from a pool of 12 characters, then I don't know what to tell you about trying to catch up on covering characters out of a group of 50 of them.

But I have Cyclops at 8, same for Punisher, Thoress at 7 nad few more strong ones at ~6. What's the point of those characters now? I'm never getting placement or progression 4* in PvP without 4* champs, all I have left is PvE progression and lucky vault pulls.
    This is all thats left to us and its bloody awful. The myth of being able to progress your roster is truly dead.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    New McG wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

This is all thats left to us and its bloody awful. The myth of being able to progress your roster is truly dead.

Ok. I did the math, and on a selection of 4* characters I looked at, Tokens made up about 2/3 of the total number of covers I got for that particular character. Sometimes a hair more, sometimes a bit less. Out of those tokens the vast majority of them were LTs.

If you pull a lot of LTs, this change will affect your older characters - but probably less than you expect. If you don't, the effect will probably be negligible and you will probably be able to counter-balance it for a few specific characters with Bonus Heroes. I suspect this is what they intended all along.

What it does hurt is those of us who wanted to evolve our entire roster more or less evenly. We were definitely favored by the older system. C'est la vie, I'm willing to give it time and see what they come up with. Particularly after I gave a hard look at the numbers, I am not particularly alarmed. I expected 85-95% from LTs, to be honest, 66% seems great compared to that.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    New McG wrote:

Ok. I did the math, and on a selection of 4* characters I looked at, Tokens made up about 2/3 of the total number of covers I got for that particular character. Sometimes a hair more, sometimes a bit less. Out of those tokens the vast majority of them were LTs.

If you pull a lot of LTs, this change will affect your older characters - but probably less than you expect. If you don't, the effect will probably be negligible and you will probably be able to counter-balance it for a few specific characters with Bonus Heroes. I suspect this is what they intended all along.

What it does hurt is those of us who wanted to evolve our entire roster more or less evenly. We were definitely favored by the older system. C'est la vie, I'm willing to give it time and see what they come up with. Particularly after I gave a hard look at the numbers, I am not particularly alarmed. I expected 85-95% from LTs, to be honest, 66% seems great compared to that.
    Its quite hard NOT to pull a lot of tokens now. They have made CP much easier to acquire. Before they hurled the majority of 4* characters into the abyss I tended to get a fairly decent spread of 4*'s and they were roughly even in how they were getting covered. Now since vaulting I've got 4 Agent Venoms and 5 Gwenpools, a much higher concentration of 4*'s BUT in exhange no 4clops, Rulk, Ant Man, PunMAX, Thoress, Venom, Elektra etc.

It was considerably easier to progress when you could get all of the characters.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its quite hard NOT to pull a lot of tokens now. They have made CP much easier to acquire. Before they hurled the majority of 4* characters into the abyss I tended to get a fairly decent spread of 4*'s and they were roughly even in how they were getting covered. Now since vaulting I've got 4 Agent Venoms and 5 Gwenpools, a much higher concentration of 4*'s BUT in exhange no 4clops, Rulk, Ant Man, PunMAX, Thoress, Venom, Elektra etc.

It was considerably easier to progress when you could get all of the characters.

It makes a difference what you mean by a "lot." I've been hoarding CP for about two weeks, and LTs for about a month - right now I've got 33 LTs and 365 CP. Even if I spend the CP on classics (I probably won't, I want Thanos, though I might try to draw a final Wasp cover I want before Saturday,) that's 61 tokens. Let's double the CP so it also represents about a month - so now we're at 79.

On average, that's 1 and 3/4 cover for each 4*. Sure, that's significant, but it's not that fast. I'll also point out that I get the CP from progression on both PVP and PVE and have a significant number of even the recent 4*s champed - most players will be getting a lot less than this.

While I'm not going to disagree it was easier (though if you want to focus on one character, Bonus Heroes probably makes that easier,) I'm going to disagree with the "considerably" part. I really do think this is going to only make a minor difference for the vast majority of the player base.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, it's kinda getting to be a long time since we've heard about...anything?

I'm not that surprised about it. They're probably too busy trying to find and fix all the bugs the last release introduced while still producing new content for the next release (which will inevitably also be bug-ridden since they won't have had time to test it) to even think about fixing vaulting. If only they would slow down releases and take the time to address widespread player issues...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm only pulling LTs that I earn from Crashes/VIP/etc. CP is saved to buy individual covers.

Pretty sure that's not the intended effect of the new system, but it certainly feels like the only way forward for what I want out of my roster.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    And they haven't even announced anything about the new Iron Fist yet. It popped up in another website, but they haven't mentioned him at all. I think that's kinda weird. Is it because he's buggy? I know I shouldn't just assume everything always has a ton of bugs, but...isn't that what's been happening lately?

But they will definitely announce a sale for the 10th anniversary of Puzzle Quest! This will definitely bring in some money for them.

While it is easy to go down the conspiracy route, the fact is that all characters get announced first on the marvel.com site, in the past they used to spread them out to other sites, but now it seems like it has standardised on the marvel site with an announcement post on here to point you towards the other site.

Given that one of the major reasons why this and the other marvel games exists is to promote the overall brand, it is not really a shock nor a bad thing for announcements to come out like this with some cross-promotion from the main site.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    Brigby wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Soooooo... its been 2 weeks since the bonus heroes & vaulting were implemented. Could we get an answer to the feedback now?
    Sure thing! We just finished up another meeting with the development team earlier today, so I'd be happy to provide some insight.

The intent behind Bonus Heroes, and the removal of older 3 and 4-Star characters from packs, was to reduce pack dilution and provide a way for players to acquire newer characters faster. Having said that though, the team recognizes the community concern regarding older 3 and 4-Star progression, and has decided to start exploring several options to try and alleviate those concerns.

Keep in mind that this is still exploration, and nothing is 100% guaranteed, but here are some of the ideas that the team is investigating:
      - A new store containing older 3 and 4-Star characters - Rotations for removed 3 and 4-Star characters - A new vault containing older 3 and 4-Star characters
    As you can tell, these ideas are sparse in detail, as the team is still figuring out which could work the best. Once we have more information to provide, we'll be sure to update the community.
    Hiya Brigby, we appreciate the post above, but that news was from seven days ago now, and a bit... stale. Any new info on the team's progress over the last week? As I'm sure you're aware, many of us are eagerly awaiting an update.

Also, I have a question: When you mention the idea of "A new store containing older 3 and 4-Star characters", by "new store", do you mean, for instance, a new CP-purchasable Token that contains the now-vaulted 3 and 4*? If so, please tag that with a +1 Vote, from me.

Thanks!

Edit: To be clear, I would not want to spend CP on a token that had the chance (however small) to draw 3*. CP are "Legendary Currency" and should only be for random drawing of 4* and 5* (or direct-cover purchasing, obviously). HP should be the currency used for any token that had 3* in it. See my post below for more...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Felonius wrote:
    Hiya Brigby, we appreciate the post above, but that news was from seven days ago now, and a bit... stale. Any new info on the team's progress over the last week? As I'm sure you're aware, many of us are eagerly awaiting an update.

Also, I have a question: When you mention the idea of "A new store containing older 3 and 4-Star characters", by "new store", do you mean, for instance, a new CP-purchasable Token that contains the now-vaulted 3 and 4*? If so, please tag that with a +1 Vote, from me.

Thanks!

I presume you are referring to the older 4*s costing CP? Theres no way in the world we'd want to be parting with CP for 3*s.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I presume you are referring to the older 4*s costing CP? Theres no way in the world we'd want to be parting with CP for 3*s.

Actually, I did that w/ 3*Strange.

I had 12 covers, and +2 covers that wouldn't champ him (i.e. I needed Blue, and I already had 5xYellow covers waiting). I spent the 20CP to get the last cover, paid the Iso to lvl and champ him, then added +2 covers to him. Netting a LT for 20CP.

There are times it's actually profitable to do it, spend CP on a 3*.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent 60 CP on my Strang3.

No regrets, he's my PVE MVP.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    fnedude wrote:

Actually, I did that w/ 3*Strange.

I had 12 covers, and +2 covers that wouldn't champ him (i.e. I needed Blue, and I already had 5xYellow covers waiting). I spent the 20CP to get the last cover, paid the Iso to lvl and champ him, then added +2 covers to him. Netting a LT for 20CP.

There are times it's actually profitable to do it, spend CP on a 3*.

But would you spend CP for a 75% chance to get a random 3* and 15% for a random 4*? Cos a 3*/4* token would prob look like an upgraded Elite token.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Brigby, you have been great in keeping us informed. Even if your message is "yep, they are still working on it", a quick update here would be hugely appreciated. Any chance you could weigh in a little? It sure would be great if the development team had a little more info for us...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thats what I was referring to, a token rather than a cover. I cant believe anyone would want to pay CP for a 3* token where you had no idea what was coming out of it.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Felonius wrote:

Thanks!

Hmm... Good point, Nick. I would not want to spend my "Legendary Currency" (CP) on 3*. Let me correct myself...

HP should be the currency for a 3 & 4* token, which this game needs. A sort of Super Elite with ~25/75% chance to draw 4/3* covers of all characters (including those now vaulted). A great big diluted pool. Though since they keep releasing 3*, maybe they'll make a version that only has the "Blessed X" of 3*, which I'd be ok with (so long as there was also a token that contained the vaulted 3*).

I *would* spend CP on a 4*-only token whether it was a "Vaulted Collection" token (ie no Blessed 12), or even all 4*-only (ie Vaulted and Blessed 12 in one pack, but no 5* chance), assuming it was less than the current Classic LT (that have a 5*-chance), say 10-15 CP seems right.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another week. More sold covers. More hoarding. Less fun playing the game. Any feedback on the issue Brigby or Cthulu? Or are we meant to forget?
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Just like intercepts for Steam players - "We're working on it."

Then nothing happens.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    True, advertisement system on Steam is different from iOS or Android ... but why not introduce the paid version of intercepts for Steam users with the VIP system? Quick to implement and extra revenue for D3.

Really, sometimes I don't get the thought train of the devs here ... icon_eek.gif