Brigby and Cthulu - when we will get feedback?

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    Just like intercepts for Steam players - "We're working on it."

Then nothing happens.

Could it be that they ARE working on it but the work needs time before it can be presented?
    I'm thinking Intercepts could be a hard one to solve for Steam users since it's an a ad based feature Steams guidelines regarding advertisement ain't quite like how they are for iPhone and Android.
    kyo28 wrote:
    True, advertisement system on Steam is different from iOS or Android ... but why not introduce the paid version of intercepts for Steam users with the VIP system? Quick to implement and extra revenue for D3.

Really, sometimes I don't get the thought train of the devs here ... icon_eek.gif

Exactly. The most requested thing in regard to Steam intercepts isn't hard, as there is no advertising on the VIP side. There's a simple solution, and it has been proposed by a number of Steam players. If you're a VIP, just give the random 20 rewards with no ads, just like you do on any other platform. If you're not a VIP on Steam, then fine, no intercepts for you. I'm a mobile player, and I see no problem with this whatsoever, Give a Steam VIP the exact same benefits as an Android or iOS VIP.
  • firethorne
    Magic wrote:
    Another week. More sold covers. More hoarding. Less fun playing the game. Any feedback on the issue Brigby or Cthulu? Or are we meant to forget?

Forget. The dismissive, "This too shall pass" attitude has long been part of the MPQ public relations strategy.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32502#p404541
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    Another week. More sold covers. More hoarding. Less fun playing the game. Any feedback on the issue Brigby or Cthulu? Or are we meant to forget?

Forget. The dismissive, "This too shall pass" attitude has long been part of the MPQ public relations strategy.

Aw man I clicked on that link to read the interview since I thought it might be interesting to see how they designed in game economy but only part 1 is there. The other parts are dead links icon_e_sad.gif
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Magic wrote:

Aw man I clicked on that link to read the interview since I thought it might be interesting to see how they designed in game economy but only part 1 is there. The other parts are dead links icon_e_sad.gif

If you search for "Albert Reed" in the search box, you can find the rest of the series. There are 8 total articles.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    mexus wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    Just like intercepts for Steam players - "We're working on it."

Then nothing happens.

Could it be that they ARE working on it but the work needs time before it can be presented?
    I'm thinking Intercepts could be a hard one to solve for Steam users since it's an a ad based feature Steams guidelines regarding advertisement ain't quite like how they are for iPhone and Android.

Double rewards from VIP for Steam players.

There, a temporary fix. Players are getting something, and VIPs are selling, generating profits. Replace it with something else when you can figure out better solution. Doesn't take bloody months to take simple actions. How come they are so quick to drop bugs and stinking changes, but so slow to even test potential fixes?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    Hi Everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been able to communicate much on this topic lately. Due to unforeseen reasons, we were unable to have one of our usual meetings with the development team last week, so I haven't had much new information to pass along.

Having said that though, last time we spoke they had dwindled the evaluation options down to either a store or a vault, so it would seem they're close to settling on a design.
    (I speculate it would be similar to either a token store or an event vault, respectively)

We will be speaking with them later today, and if there is any new information I can provide, I will be sure to update everyone. Thanks for your patience!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well if those are the only two possible solutions, hopefully the bonus hero rate is tweaked a bit.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Well if those are the only two possible solutions, hopefully the bonus hero rate is tweaked a bit.

This would be outstanding.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been able to communicate much on this topic lately. Due to unforeseen reasons, we were unable to have one of our usual meetings with the development team last week, so I haven't had much new information to pass along.

Having said that though, last time we spoke they had dwindled the evaluation options down to either a store or a vault, so it would seem they're close to settling on a design.
    (I speculate it would be similar to either a token store or an event vault, respectively)

We will be speaking with them later today, and if there is any new information I can provide, I will be sure to update everyone. Thanks for your patience!

Amy feedback on the cover at 44k proposal?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:

Thanks for the update, Brigby.

Given the existence and structure of the current limited 4* vaults, the only way that I can imagine a structure in which a new store/vault accomplishes anything meaningful with respect to the concerns that have been raised by the players is if this provides an alternative way to spend earned tokens.

I can only speak for myself, but if this change makes these vaulted characters available only by spending HP, especially at pull rates similar to the current rates for the 4* vault, it's not going to do that much.

I'm sure a lot of players building their rosters want to be able to take full advantage of some of the recent additions to the game, like the Behemoth Burrito and the Crash of the Titans nodes in DDQ. Unless there's a meaningful way for players to earn those older rosters, they're going to be essentially shut off from many of those nodes for the forseeable future.
  • GurlBYE
    edited March 2017
    Why not just revive buying covers for HP for vaulted 4's icon_question.gif

icon_e_confused.gif It'd still let us work towards characters we need by earning HP, or buying it if we so choose.

This is still not a good solution for players who don't have the characters at all though, or people who don't have a color of a character.

A store based solution won't solve new players getting these covers unless they are earn-able only or something.

Especially if we go the 1 color with 40 2 stars route.
  • firethorne
    Brigby wrote:

In other words, time for me to uninstall this thing once and for all then. Gotcha. This change pissed people off. Trying to hit them up for more money after the fact as part of a "correction" isn't cool.

Do you seriously expect us to shell out 2000 HP for a champ level that pays out 50 HP as the reward?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Given the existence and structure of the current limited 4* vaults, the only way that I can imagine a structure in which a new store/vault accomplishes anything meaningful with respect to the concerns that have been raised by the players is if this provides an alternative way to spend earned tokens.

I can only speak for myself, but if this change makes these vaulted characters available only by spending HP, especially at pull rates similar to the current rates for the 4* vault, it's not going to do that much.

I'm sure a lot of players building their rosters want to be able to take full advantage of some of the recent additions to the game, like the Behemoth Burrito and the Crash of the Titans nodes in DDQ. Unless there's a meaningful way for players to earn those older rosters, they're going to be essentially shut off from many of those nodes for the forseeable future.
    As a player myself, I totally understand the enticement of DDQ providing vault tokens and rewards to further a player's roster. Having said though, I unfortunately don't have any information regarding specific details of the design. Everything is simply high-level design right now, and they'll be diving further into its development this week.
    firethorne wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

In other words, time for me to uninstall this thing once and for all then. Gotcha. This change pissed people off. Trying to hit them up for more money after the fact as part of a "correction" isn't cool.

Do you seriously expect us to shell out 2000 HP for a champ level that pays out 50 HP as the reward?
    As I said above, everything is simply high-level design right now, so intricate details such as in-game costs are not available to me. It's possible that the vault may not have the same content as an event vault, and it's possible that the new store follows the same format as Elite or Heroic Token stores. These are all details being fleshed out starting this week.
  • firethorne
    Brigby wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

As I said above, everything is simply high-level design right now, so intricate details such as in-game costs are not available to me. It's possible that the vault may not have the same content as an event vault, and it's possible that the new store follows the same format as Elite or Heroic Token stores. These are all details being fleshed out starting this week.

Understood. Still, I hope the devs also understand that tolerance levels have been worn very thin. The initial change led me to let my VIP expire and sit out the recent Puzzle Quest Anniversary sale. Maybe some of us the most affected by this are a small enough group that we represent acceptable losses. But, pursuing actions that come across as profiteering from a bad situation that you created will burn bridges. And from previous experience, like the removal of single pull options from special vaults, I don't get the feeling you'll do the players any favors.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:

Not to derail the conversation, but I wasn't around when they did this and was curious as to how exactly it worked. It seems like it would be giving away the store to me, since it seems a lot of players would just cover up the top 5 or 6 4*s and never spend any more money on the game. Did they implement it in such a way as to prevent that?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:

As a player myself, I totally understand the enticement of DDQ providing vault tokens and rewards to further a player's roster. Having said though, I unfortunately don't have any information regarding specific details of the design. Everything is simply high-level design right now, and they'll be diving further into its development this week.

I completely understand, just wanted to provide some potentially helpful feedback in advance of your meeting, in case that helps in evaluating the possible options.
  • GurlBYE
    astrp3 wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

Not to derail the conversation, but I wasn't around when they did this and was curious as to how exactly it worked. It seems like it would be giving away the store to me, since it seems a lot of players would just cover up the top 5 or 6 4*s and never spend any more money on the game. Did they implement it in such a way as to prevent that?

Not really?
    You just spent 2500 per cover IIRC. (1250 for 3's, I might be misquoting and these may be double)
    The only stipulation was that you had to have at least 1 of that color to buy it, just like with CP.

So getting all 3 covers from the event meant you were good to go.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    It would be great if it were a 3* only and a 4* only store, tokens in progression. Move the 3* token to 575 for pvp, keep the 3* cover as is. Put the 4* token at 1k, the 10 cp at 1100, give people a reason to push again and use hp for shields. Pve just add to progression somewhere.
  • GurlBYE
    edited March 2017
    It would be great if it were a 3* only and a 4* only store, tokens in progression. Move the 3* token to 575 for pvp, keep the 3* cover as is. Put the 4* token at 1k, the 10 cp at 1100, give people a reason to push again and use hp for shields. Pve just add to progression somewhere.
    That's a terrible idea.

1000 is for 4 champs.

575 is for 3's.

3's need to go to 4.

3's need those characters that have been locked away.

1000 is not something easily achievable.
    I'd rather them just make it cost HP at that rate.

I can't think of a single reason why you'd lock off all the people who can't get past 1000 in PVP away from 10 CP and 4 covers.

That would make it a game of, you need 4's to get 4's lol good luck.

I can get a good guess at where your roster is without even clicking it, if you even link to it.

People don't not push because of the CP being there, they don't push because the power levels between weakened 3's post champing, boosted 4's and 5 stars are outrageous. The 575 made me personally push farther. I didn't go past 300 before.

Unless you use deadpool every match or stun all characters. 1 champed boosted 4 (cyclops for ex.) can take out everything below it and some undercovered 5's solo.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker

No thank you. I like the 10CP at 575. That's usually as far as I PVP to, since I enjoy PVE more.