MPQ at Marvel.com: Hawkeye Makes His Mark

Options

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I really don't like the artist they're using now. Very bland, and they don't do faces well at all.
    They can't all be Iceman.

And who can forget the original Spider-Man art. You could open a beer bottle with that Adam's apple.

MPQ-04.jpg
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Are you ready to put the Bullseyeon bad guys with two new versions of Hawkeye?
    Which version of Bullseye am I firing: Dark Avenger or Classic? Does Bullseye have to be in the team for this to work? I'm guessing if you use Classic Bullseye, it deals damage and creates strike tiles, while DA Bullseye deals damage and makes protect tiles. Is Bullseye considered airborne for a turn or two?
    Come to think of it, there could actually be a power idea here. Something with a passive that works when all allies are stunned, airborne, or knocked out, and an active to target ally, sending them airborne, and having a different effect depending on ally's strongest color.
    Red: strike tiles
    Green: attack tiles
    Yellow: protect tiles
    Blue: stun
    Purple: steal/destroy AP
    Black: damage ally and enemy team. Additional damage to target if ally is downed.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Because advertising. They seem to be working their way through and making 5* versions of all the MCU characters, possibly limited to Civil War. It'll be interesting to see how far they go. Will there be a 5* Thor? A second 5* Spiderman? 5* Ant-Man and/or Giant-Man? Vision/Switch, etc? I don't see that train ending soon.

I'm more annoyed about their pattern of making a 3* copy of most of the new 5*s. The games getting overcrowded as is, making lazy copies at other tiers makes it WAY worse!

Scarlet Witch would be interesting, seeing as how her 3* design is pretty much already the MCU version of the character.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_Aziz wrote:
    yay

another new character no one asked for, cluttering up the gutters

In such a rush to complain that you didn't read the rest of the thread?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daiches wrote:
    You are missing the best news. A 3star release means we will only get one 4star this season, and so next season, only one 4star will leave the packs!

.. Peggy..

But we'll have Wasp for an extra season. Making championing here after her Buff a less poor idea.

I think you got this wrong, Daiches, because the 3 star version is coming at the same time as the 5 star version, making the next 4 coming in 2 weeks and the second 4 comes at the end of the season. Meaning, we have to have enough iso to not only champ the 2 4 stars, but also the 3 star, making it that much harder we have to grind or buy the iso....and that's not even counting the 5s.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Because advertising. They seem to be working their way through and making 5* versions of all the MCU characters, possibly limited to Civil War. It'll be interesting to see how far they go. Will there be a 5* Thor? A second 5* Spiderman? 5* Ant-Man and/or Giant-Man? Vision/Switch, etc? I don't see that train ending soon.

I'm more annoyed about their pattern of making a 3* copy of most of the new 5*s. The games getting overcrowded as is, making lazy copies at other tiers makes it WAY worse!

Scarlet Witch would be interesting, seeing as how her 3* design is pretty much already the MCU version of the character.

Same with Vision. Though I suppose they tweak the looks every movie. They flipped Dr. Strange and Thanos, where their movie counterparts are 3* and comic version 5*.

I'm curious when this plan (which I kinda dig) was thought up because Hulk and Spidey don't follow it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    Also:
    Marvel.com wrote:
    Marvel.com: Can I just say, with 5-Star Hawkeye’s passive I can’t wait to team him up with Kingpin or…Sentry? The AP gain would be insane! Who else would you suggest?
    (emphasis mine)
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I bet he's been waiting to say that for years. Either that or he meant to say Star-Lord and misspoke. icon_e_smile.gif
  • zip
    zip Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Zeln wrote:
    He's more than just some archer

https://youtu.be/aQ27iS1mkuo

Not only did you convince me of the need for more Hawkeyes.
    You have motivated me to actually create an account here.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I very much like the 3*/5*-release combo MPQ has been doing of late. Despite being well into the 4* tier, it's still going to be a very long time before I have many useable 5*, especially newer ones. Whereas 3* are still quite fun to use. Strang3 and Thano3 are both great characters that I use regularly.

I am pleased with the variety this game is developing. I had been getting sick of always playing with Iceman/Rulk+IM40, or similar Recharge-to-Win combos. I recently champed Carnage and Medusa, and they work so well together, especially with Mr. Fantastic. And C&M are surprisingly good at PvP Scarecrow/Defense (I rarely get attacked, and I'm sure I've got more Defensive wins with that team than any other I've fielded).

The Hawkeyes look like they will be fun/interesting to play with, especially with Star-Lord and eventually Carol and Coulson (once I get them better covered/leveled). So thanks for additional spice to the game.
    JHawkInc wrote:
    ...The only thing I'm disappointed about with this is that we don't get a 3*/5* version of Speed Shot. Would have been a badass power to replicate at a higher level (more damage, more tiles, maybe even a faster countdown, fortified, lots of stuff could have made it pretty crazy at the 5* level, you know? seems like a missed opportunity)....
    Oh, I will say I totally agree with ^THIS^ icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zip wrote:
    Zeln wrote:
    He's more than just some archer

https://youtu.be/aQ27iS1mkuo

Not only did you convince me of the need for more Hawkeyes.
    You have motivated me to actually create an account here.

Welcome to the forum icon_e_smile.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby

As this could be a game changing detail, would you please comment on if IM40 will be replaced with 3* Hawkeye for the 2* champion reward?

And if so, when?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still maintain that the reason that we get variants of existing characters more often than new ones (*) is because the icons are too difficult.

Cthulhu's Agent Coulson character post has this :agentcoulson: and it's still not there.

(*) Even if it's not true, it feels like it.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I still maintain that the reason that we get variants of existing characters more often than new ones (*) is because the icons are too difficult.

Cthulhu's Agent Coulson character post has this :agentcoulson: and it's still not there.

You know, last I checked, they actually make each tile/icon combination as separate images rather than simply having a dynamic layer over the tiles. So I'm totally on board with your hypothesis.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

You know, last I checked, they actually make each tile/icon combination as separate images rather than simply having a dynamic layer over the tiles. So I'm totally on board with your hypothesis.

I was thinking more of the smilies we put in these posts, such as mordo_icon.PNG, or Riri_Icon.png, which took something like 2 months to appear. But your layery imagy thing works too.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it just me or did anyone else notice the difference in the AP cost of both 5* and 3* Full Quiver, between what Josh said (5 bluetile.png) and what the pictures show (6 bluetile.png)?

We might get to use FQ in its full potential if it costs 5 AP, but not if it costs 6.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not really trilled...
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Completely and utterly underwhelmed. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nellyson wrote:
    irwando wrote:
    WHY? WHY????

Please ask the Dev's why they give us more variant characters that no one is asking for yet ignore the survey results where we provide a long list of characters we do want.

WHY??????????????????

In the last 8 months in Contest of Champions, Kabam has released Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Cable, and Archangel (in addition to characters D3/Demiurge already has like Beast and Phoenix). Why can Kabam use these licences with no problem, but Demiurge has to resort to Venom and Hawkeye variants?
    I think it's because Kabam has created a blatant cash grab game. It's all about spending money and reliably earning those characters for free require your entire day! It takes way more of your money than D3 does.

And in MPQ I can earn covers but not the ISO to level up characters. Unless I play all day long...
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's completely "MEH" announcement. Unless the 5* is obtainable in progression or I luck into a cover from event token I will not see him for months (i am not using my Latest for reasons). The 3* will not change the game for me (even if he is gamechanger like Strange and Thanos i will still run the pair with the 5* for match damage - can't see running 3 3* in PvE in this scaling). Pure - I don't care.

Cthulu mentioned not to worry as the devs have new ones in store as well. The point is - players don't want new characters. We want new content, new game modes. I am sure that with a bit of creativity you can come up with games modes that are nice for all and motivating for the whales. Not only the new release **** all the time.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Marvel.com: Can I just say, with 5-Star Hawkeye’s passive I can’t wait to team him up with Kingpin or…Sentry? The AP gain would be insane! Who else would you suggest?

Josh Austin: Definitely anyone that creates Countdown tiles and manipulates them, like Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Star-Lord, and Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).

Kingpin, Sentry, Star Lord ... not in the packs. LOL.
    Will You finally retire this **** "packs" idea?