MPQ at Marvel.com: Hawkeye Makes His Mark

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Are you ready to put the bullseye on bad guys with two new versions of Hawkeye?

https://news.marvel.com/games/61043/pie ... t-hawkeye/

Comments

• irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    WHY? WHY????

Please ask the Dev's why they give us more variant characters that no one is asking for yet ignore the survey results where we provide a long list of characters we do want.

WHY??????????????????
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Connor Kent Hawkeye...no even trying anymore lol.

Yay for Ultron...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because advertising. They seem to be working their way through and making 5* versions of all the MCU characters, possibly limited to Civil War. It'll be interesting to see how far they go. Will there be a 5* Thor? A second 5* Spiderman? 5* Ant-Man and/or Giant-Man? Vision/Switch, etc? I don't see that train ending soon.

I'm more annoyed about their pattern of making a 3* copy of most of the new 5*s. The games getting overcrowded as is, making lazy copies at other tiers makes it WAY worse!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Because advertising. They seem to be working their way through and making 5* versions of all the MCU characters, possibly limited to Civil War. It'll be interesting to see how far they go. Will there be a 5* Thor? A second 5* Spiderman? 5* Ant-Man and/or Giant-Man? Vision/Switch, etc? I don't see that train ending soon.

I'm more annoyed about their pattern of making a 3* copy of most of the new 5*s. The games getting overcrowded as is, making lazy copies at other tiers makes it WAY worse!

Not to mention 2000 HP for roster slots to keep up instead of the usual 1000.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5ap for blue gives us at least a chance to get through all the arrows. How long are the CDs? For 5* Hawkeye it's critical to know if the CD will go off allowing his passive to fire and allow you to fire more blue.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    broll wrote:

well 5* actually not needed for casual players. And for non-casual HP is not an issue (1.5k HP per 2 weeks)
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had to roster all 2*s for Enchilada CP. Now have to roster a 3* and maybe a 5* in the next few weeks ... My HP can nae take it cap'n!
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    broll wrote:

It made sense with Strange and Thanos because they are pretty big names that you would have to wait until the 5* tier to even play. Was anyone asking for more hawkeye? If this is why they are vaulting 3*'s it's a pretty sad reason
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Josh Austin: Both Hawkeye and Hawkguy are available on March 9 during the Avengers vs. Ultron Event that goes live that day.
    Is this a new PvE event, or the Ultron boss event? I can't recall any 3* character releases being done via boss events.

(Although I guess it could be structured like the first Civil War, with 3* Hawkguy in the 3* personal rewards and 5* Hawkeye as the level 8 alliance reward.)
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They look like fun. I'm glad Hawkguy will have some levity to him When I started the game I hated the artwork and intensity of 2-star Hawkeye, the Fraction run was way too fun for the way he was displayed in game. I'm also glad they're not just carbon copies of one another, looking forward to champing the 3-star and probably only getting a few covers for the 5-star!
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just what every Marvel fan wanted, more Hawkeyes!

Does the 3* come with a free roster slot?
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    broll wrote:

I understand the extra resource requirements could annoy some. Personally, I'm at a point where that doesn't really affect me.

With Strange and to some extend Thanos I'm glad lower level versions were made available so we could play some fun, NEW characters without being at the mercy of the RNG. Strange has quickly become one of my top 3 3* and sees regular use. I"m happy to have new characters introduced this way.

NEW characters.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When strange appeared as a 3* I thought it was awesome to throw one in when everyone thought 3* was dead. Now I'm over that. One every 6 months or so I'd be fine with but more than that doesn't really need to happen. Just eats roster HP for essentials and ISO to champion. I don't care about variants, I'm fine with whoever, at 132 roster slots it really doesn't matter anymore.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You aren't aquiver with excitement?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Devs have a bad habit of going completely OTT with new things that should be niche.
    Like screen shake... and now 3* dupes of new 5* releases.
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m more worried about ISO, with the New 12 character vault I’ve had to start hoarding until I get more ISO to champ the suddenly 13 covered 4*’s I have. From what I recall, boss events don’t yield the same amount of daily ISO that a normal PVE 1 day sub does, they’re mostly good for covers it seems (though I’ll happily stand corrected if any forums statistics gatherers say otherwise.)

And man I hate those covers, especially that Occupy Avengers one (though that’s more Civil War 2’s fault to be honest)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's like we started a brand new Marvel Mobile game!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The only thing that feels a little iffy to me is 3* Hawkguy getting a copy of Kate's "Because... Boomerangs" power. Almost feels like the decision to create the 3* version came at very short notice and they simply didn't have any better ideas for unique powers. Besides, the quote on Kate's version ("Boomerang. Respect it.") is from Clint anyway... so by all rights, she shouldn't be the one using it in the first place!
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:

You aren't aquiver with excitement?

I feel they missed the mark.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    irwando wrote:
    WHY? WHY????

Please ask the Dev's why they give us more variant characters that no one is asking for yet ignore the survey results where we provide a long list of characters we do want.

WHY??????????????????

In the last 8 months in Contest of Champions, Kabam has released Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Cable, and Archangel (in addition to characters D3/Demiurge already has like Beast and Phoenix). Why can Kabam use these licences with no problem, but Demiurge has to resort to Venom and Hawkeye variants?