MPQ at Marvel.com: Hawkeye Makes His Mark

Options

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    irwando wrote:
    WHY? WHY????

Please ask the Dev's why they give us more variant characters that no one is asking for yet ignore the survey results where we provide a long list of characters we do want.

WHY??????????????????

They answered your question in the first sentence:

Marvel.com: Need more Hawkeye in your life? What kind of question is that? Of course you do, and the team at D3 Go! has you covered with new Hawkeye variations ready

icon_lol.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hawkeye is already pretty well represented in this game... and he sucks as a character overall. I liked him as a kid, but he's pretty dumb and boring.

now we have a hawkeye at every level (if you include kate bishop)... I understand it's easier to release variants than it is to release new characters due to licensing... but seriously?! hawkeye?!
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've asked for a 3, 4, or 5* Hawkeye (Clint Barton) on pretty much every survey they've put out.

So maybe I'm just a huge tinykitty, but I think this is a cool looking character, and I love hawkeye so I'm pretty excited about this.

Also, Avengers vs Ultron! That hasn't been run in forever!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh please, even the art is copy and paste.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5ap for blue gives us at least a chance to get through all the arrows. How long are the CDs? For 5* Hawkeye it's critical to know if the CD will go off allowing his passive to fire and allow you to fire more blue.

He fortifies CDs as a passive so they're safer than normal. I'd assume how long they are is cover level dependant (probably one/two turns at level 5)
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've asked for a 3, 4, or 5* Hawkeye (Clint Barton) on pretty much every survey they've put out.

So maybe I'm just a huge tinykitty, but I think this is a cool looking character, and I love hawkeye so I'm pretty excited about this.

Also, Avengers vs Ultron! That hasn't been run in forever!

It's youuuuu! You did this to us! icon_mad.gif

I kid, I kid.

I just want my main man Cable in the game.

Pretty please?
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Just what every Marvel fan wanted, more Hawkeyes!

Does the 3* come with a free roster slot?

You aren't aquiver with excitement?

I feel they missed the mark.

Nah, they were right on target. But you get the point.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If some people are pissed about Hawkeye now (NOTE: I am not one of them), wait until they see the art on No Good News if it is what they seem to be implying.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Was anyone asking for more hawkeye?

I was. Incessantly. Sorry about this, folks. This one's on me.
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    If some people are pissed about Hawkeye now (NOTE: I am not one of them), wait until they see the art on No Good News if it is what they seem to be implying.

Oh man, I can't wait.

EDIT: icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:

what a joke

Hawkguy-Character-Sheet.jpg
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are missing the best news. A 3star release means we will only get one 4star this season, and so next season, only one 4star will leave the packs!

.. Peggy..

But we'll have Wasp for an extra season. Making championing here after her Buff a less poor idea.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know I shouldn't nitpick artistic license, but as an amateur archer I get the feeling he's holding the bow upside down. Also modern recurve with almost no shelf, arrow probably on the wrong side if you're not using a thumb draw.

At least the aiming eye is correct unlike kate.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least 3 Star has different powers from 5 Star (alebeit one a copy pf Kate Bishop's Purple)
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The MCU got me more interested in Marvel and Fraction's Hawkeye run got me more interested in actually reading comics. I really disliked his art/representation as a 2-star so I'm pretty happy about his 3-star character being more like Fraction's depiction and less like the MCU one. So now it's pretty much guaranteed 5-star Thor will come about around Ragnarok based on his look in that movie. No complaints here if that's the case.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby: The chart in the Bonus Heroes initial post lists 3* characters in alphabetical order and 4* characters in the order of newest to oldest. With this new 3* being added to packs in a month, could you clarify with the devs which 3* would be removed? (If it is a 1 for 1, anyway) I think there is a tie for oldest of the current set of 20 (GSBW, Loki, IM40, right?)
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    He's more than just some archer

https://youtu.be/aQ27iS1mkuo
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Hawkeye is a fan favorite Avenger and one of the six cinematic founding members. He imo deserves 3 and 5 star variants.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,332 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sluggo wrote:
    Josh Austin: Both Hawkeye and Hawkguy are available on March 9 during the Avengers vs. Ultron Event that goes live that day.
    Is this a new PvE event, or the Ultron boss event? I can't recall any 3* character releases being done via boss events.

(Although I guess it could be structured like the first Civil War, with 3* Hawkguy in the 3* personal rewards and 5* Hawkeye as the level 8 alliance reward.)

Scarlet Witch was released as part of AvU (April 2015) and Thanos was released as part of Galactus Hungers December 2016)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sluggo wrote:
    Josh Austin: Both Hawkeye and Hawkguy are available on March 9 during the Avengers vs. Ultron Event that goes live that day.
    Is this a new PvE event, or the Ultron boss event? I can't recall any 3* character releases being done via boss events.

(Although I guess it could be structured like the first Civil War, with 3* Hawkguy in the 3* personal rewards and 5* Hawkeye as the level 8 alliance reward.)

Scarlet Witch was released as part of AvU (April 2015) and Thanos was released as part of Galactus Hungers December 2016)

And IMHB was also released in the second run of the ultron event, 1 week after switch.

As for the marvel.com press release, it's great that Josh had trouble not killing everyone with his 5*hawkeye test, but i doubt he had to deal with 5* scaling. . .
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    irwando wrote:
    WHY? WHY????

Please ask the Dev's why they give us more variant characters that no one is asking for yet ignore the survey results where we provide a long list of characters we do want.

WHY??????????????????

In the last 8 months in Contest of Champions, Kabam has released Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Cable, and Archangel (in addition to characters D3/Demiurge already has like Beast and Phoenix). Why can Kabam use these licences with no problem, but Demiurge has to resort to Venom and Hawkeye variants?
    I think it's because Kabam has created a blatant cash grab game. It's all about spending money and reliably earning those characters for free require your entire day! It takes way more of your money than D3 does.