1.10.2 Release Notes *Updated (3/9/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Here are the Release notes for the 1.10.2 update!

Masterpiece Cards
Introducing the brand new Masterpiece Cards! These elusive cards are powerful Mythics, and will help you in your climb to the top!

We’re adding a selection of Masterpiece Cards to both Kaladesh and Aether Revolt. Masterpiece Cards can be obtained through a new Elite Pack in the Vault, and can occasionally be found in Kaladesh Booster Packs.

Check out the Card Gallery here: https://d3go.com/mtgpq-card-list-masterpiece/

Mana Jewels & Elite Packs
We are also introducing a new currency to the game, called Mana Jewels. Using Mana Jewels, you can purchase the brand new Elite Pack, which offers a single card. This booster guarantees a Mythic, and has a chance of a Masterpiece card!

Every two weeks, a new selection of Mythic and Masterpiece cards will be available through the Elite Pack in the Vault. Check out the current rotation of cards by clicking the “View Cards” info button.

Mana Jewels can be acquired by participating in Events, so keep an eye out for them!

Super Packs and Premium Packs
Introducing the new Super and Premium Packs! Super Packs and Premium Packs are available for the Origins Set, the Battle for Zendikar Block, the Shadows of Innistrad Block, and the Kaladesh Block.

The Super Pack contains three Booster Packs, and the Premium Pack contains five Booster Packs. In addition, the Premium Pack contains a bonus Rare Card! These offers will replace the old Fat Pack and Big Box offers.

In addition, Booster Packs from the Kaladesh Block will now have a small chance to contain Masterpiece Cards!

Old boosters will be removed from the vault, however they will always be claimable, even after the update. Once those boosters are claimed, the category will then disappear.

Special Offers *New Update*
Short on Mana Jewels? Check out the Specials section in the Vault. We’ve updated a number of our Special Offers to include Mana Jewels!

New Events
We are also introducing new events to the game!

Trial of the Planes
The first event, the Trial of the Planes, runs every week day. The event is a brand new variation on our current events: it is a non-competitive Player vs Player event with a big twist - each node is more difficult than the previous.

Here’s the lowdown on this new event: *New Update*
    - Each day, the Trial of the Planes is centered on a mana color - The mana color cycles each week day, with a fixed schedule (the color is the same every week day of every week, so for example Monday is always Red day) - With the exception of the first node, you can only play with Planeswalkers that match the day’s color. (Dual-color Planeswalkers can play on both of their color’s days). - The event consists of 4 nodes that do not refresh. The goal is to make it as far as possible! - Each node has exactly 3 fights on it. When you win a fight on a single node, the next node is unlocked. - Each fight is played against another player’s deck in the same tier as you are currently in. - Each node you unlock is harder than it’s predecessor -
    - The first node is a standard node - The second node has your opponent become Enraged on round 5 - The third node has your opponent become Supercharged on round 5 - The fourth node has your opponent become Legendary on round 3 (
Legendary is a new modifier to matches. A Planeswalker that activates Legendary deals double damage, gains double base mana and draws an extra card each turn)
- There are no special objectives for any of these nodes. Build the strongest deck you can using your best cards and bring your strongest Planeswalkers into combat!
- Entering the event costs Mana Crystals - the cost of a single Booster Pack.
- Winning a single fight grants you a Booster Pack of the current block.
- There are no leaderboards - only progression rewards based on the amount of fights you win.
- Each tier gains different rewards. The higher your tier and the more fights you win, the more Mana Jewels you will earn.
- You can only enter the event once per day
The further you get in the Event, the more Mana Jewels you’ll win - with a bonus at higher Color Mastery tiers. Try to enter and reach as high as you can every day to get as many Mana Jewels as you can!

Planeswalker Arena
The second new event we are introducing is the Planeswalker Arena!

Every weekend, you can compete in this new PvP event. The twist here is that this event consists of three nodes, two of which are locked to specific Planeswalkers. You can play with any Planeswalker on the third node.

Make sure not to miss it - with small leaderboards of 500 players, anyone can take first place!

Legacy Events *New Update*
With the new update, we’ve taken the time to adjust some of the older Events.

Nodes of Power, Emergency Ordinances and Fate is Rarely Fair now have smaller leaderboards of 1000 players (reduced from 3000 players). With the smaller leaderboards, we’ve also rebalanced the rewards from the Events. Smaller leaderboards - more competition!

Finally, we’ve added Mana Jewels to the Revolt Against the Consulate Event. You can win Mana Jewels in progression rewards and the Coalition Leaderboard.

Changelog (Planeswalkers & Cards) *New Update*
The following two cards have been changed:
    - Gonti’s Aether Heart: Now has 3 Shield, but loses 1 Shield every time you Overload 3, in addition to giving you an extra swap
    - This was a necessary change to the card. It is still quite powerful, and its mana cost has not changed.
- Electrostatic Pummeler: The card has been redesigned. Its previous Overload 2 ability has been removed and replaced with this ability:
    “Overload 1: This creature gains +X/0 until the end of your turn, where X is the amount of Energized gems on the board, then remove 5 Energy from the board”.
    - Electrostatic Pummeler became too strong under certain circumstances. Using this new mechanic instead of the old one, it can still reach very high levels of Power but shouldn’t be able to reach the amount of Power it could before.

Bug Fixes *New Update*
    Cards, Planeswalkers & Gameplay
    - Each creature you control fails to get +3/+3 when reinforcing Rishkar, Peema Renegade.
    - An infinite Thopter summoning loop occurs when Sly Requisitioner triggers Mirrorpool.

UI, UX, Localization & Graphics
    - The text fails to display in all caps when viewing the Battle Log button in the Pause prompt.
    - A gap displays between the Chat and Quit buttons when viewing the Game Paused Menu.
    - The Battle Log text displays on two lines when viewing the Battle Log button in the Pause menu.
    - The Potion button graphic display cut off when viewing the Potion button.
    - The damage amount size displays inconsistently when viewing damage dealt in the Battle Log.
    - The Challenge artwork displays stretched when viewing the Challenge selection screen.
    - Extra Reward image is missing the AER icon
    - An infinite loading screen displays when proceeding to any encounter from the Nodes Screen.
    - The Evergreen description boxes fail to display when tapping Evergreens.
    - The timer begins on a 7 hour timer when viewing the Fate is Rarely Fair Event.
    - SOI training is not correctly translated.
    - The Opponent's cards erroneously display when multiple in-hand abilities activate in the Battle Log.

Progression & Rewards
    - The Player Ranking Rewards fail to be received when achieving the Silver 6-25 Player Rank.

Comments

• Cthulhu
      Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
      Options
      Hey all,

Overall we have been listening to everyone's comments and are trying some new things out in an attempt to address the great feedback we have been accumulating. We play Magic a lot at the office both the cards and the app, and we have added some Magic TCG related things to the app that we are excited to finally talk about.

First we have the Masterpiece cards for high level players, that are both devastating and a new fun thing to chase. The new currency is there to help with the collection of Rares, Mythics and now Masterpieces. This new currency mirrors Planeswalker tokens from the card game events. Not only will the Masterpiece cards be purchaseable with the new currency, but they are also rewards in events etc, so keep an eye out for these cards!!

Second we have made improvements to events to the rewards and we have reduced the amount of players in each event to give players more opportunities to achieve high ranks in the events.

Third the card packs we have done some balance tweaking to help reduce the amount of duplicates and give the player a higher chance at obtaining rare cards.

We will be monitoring the feedback coming in for anyone that has any questions today. Feel free to comment in the forums, and we will do our best to provide answers.

Thank you!
      icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png
    • buscemi
      buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Yes. We have ALL been clamouring for more unbalanced cards to be introduced into the game. Thankyou for listening to us.
    • octal9
      octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
      Options
      These offers will replace the old Fat Pack and Big Box offers.
      Hi,

Big Boxes award 70+1 cards, Premium Packs award 25+1. Am I reading this correctly? If so, is there a similar cost reduction?
    • Brigby
      edited March 2017
      Options
      octal9 wrote:
      These offers will replace the old Fat Pack and Big Box offers.
      Hi,

Big Boxes award 70+1 cards, Premium Packs award 25+1. Am I reading this correctly? If so, is there a similar cost reduction?
      Yes. Premium Packs will cost 300 Crystals, as well as a chance at getting Masterpiece cards if the packs are from the Kaladesh Block.
    • Sarahschmara
      Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
      edited March 2017
      Options
      It will cost a "low amount" of crystals to enter the daily event. How low? 5? 50?
    • Cthulhu
      Options
      Overall yes there is a cost reduction for both the second and third tier booster packs. You will have a higher chance to get rares and mythics for less crystals with the new bundle offers.
    • PastrySpider
      PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Looks interesting. Thank for listening to feedback.

One key question I have is have you done anything about the really short period between the last refresh and the end of events. Not having to set alarms to wake up in the middle of the night to play in order to finish my nodes would be a huge improvement.
    • Cthulhu
      Options
      Looks interesting. Thank for listening to feedback.

One key question I have is have you done anything about the really short period between the last refresh and the end of events. Not having to set alarms to wake up in the middle of the night to play in order to finish my nodes would be a huge improvement.

That is definitely high on the list, it's something that is going to take time to fix, we could not get it done just yet, but we are definitely pushing to get this done asap!!
    • PastrySpider
      PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Awesome. Glad to hear it's on your radar. Thanks for the game and have a nice weekend.
    • octal9
      edited March 2017
      Options
      Brigby wrote:
      Yes. Premium Packs will cost 300 Crystals, as well as a chance at getting Masterpiece cards if the packs are from the Kaladesh Block.
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Overall yes there is a cost reduction for both the second and third tier booster packs. You will have a higher chance to get rares and mythics for less crystals with the new bundle offers.
      Thank you Brigby & Cthulhu. (unfortunately this looks like 20 cards fewer for the same value, but hopefully a drop rate change makes up for that)

jN57tGt.png

1) You state having tweaked the duplicate rate. One of the worst feelings is getting a duplicate of an exclusive you've paid for - was anything touched there?
      2) Are there node timers in the Trial of the Planes events?
      3) And most importantly - as the creator of the new #1 resource for the game, I am obviously curious about these new cards. Are they going to be added to the card list on the D3 website, or am I looking at pulling info for these out of the game manually?
      4) OH. Another question:Aetherworks Marvel fix. Is there an estimate? It doesn't appear to be in this patch.

edited: I can't math & added a question
    • Hibernum_JC
      Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      octal9 wrote:

I can answer this!

There are no node timers on Trial of the Planes. It's 3 fights per node that do not refresh, there are no timers, and no secondary objectives. Once you three fights are done on a node, they will not come back. The event changes every day.
    • GrizzoMtGPQ
      GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Thank you for nerfing Gont's Aether Heart. Can you nerf Baral now please?
    • Nitymp
      Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      These patch notes have piqued my interest enough that i'm considering actually playing the game outside of coalition events again. Kudos!

I'll get back to you in a week or so to see if that's still the case.
    • Cthulhu
      Options
      octal9 wrote:

1) You state having tweaked the duplicate rate. One of the worst feelings is getting a duplicate of an exclusive you've paid for - was anything touched there?
      3) And most importantly - as the creator of the new #1 resource for the game, I am obviously curious about these new cards. Are they going to be added to the card list on the D3 website, or am I looking at pulling info for these out of the game manually?
      4) OH. Another question:Aetherworks Marvel fix. Is there an estimate? It doesn't appear to be in this patch.

edited: I can't math & added a question

1. Overall the amount of cards in the big box was 70 cards with a guaranteed rare or mythic, we have reduced the cost and the amount of cards to 25 cards (600 crystals down to 300 crystals). The idea for this was quality over quantity.
      2. JC answered above, thank you JC!!
      3. Monday we should have the masterpiece cards up in the forums for you all to see!
      4. The Aetherworks Marvel fix appears to have been checked in, QA is reviewing to see if it's been addressed
    • Mainloop25
      Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      buscemi wrote:
      Yes. We have ALL been clamouring for more unbalanced cards to be introduced into the game. Thankyou for listening to us.

Our wallets have. cough*Baral*cough
    • octal9
      Options
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Q) You state having tweaked the duplicate rate. One of the worst feelings is getting a duplicate of an exclusive you've paid for - was anything touched there?

A. Overall the amount of cards in the big box was 70 cards with a guaranteed rare or mythic, we have reduced the cost and the amount of cards to 25 cards (600 crystals down to 300 crystals). The idea for this was quality over quantity.
      This doesn't answer the question. I'm assuming the answer is "no," but here's a quick explanation of what I'm asking: Olivia was a paid exclusive. Say a player bought her during her offer. That player then receives a duplicate of her 6 weeks later. I will grant that there is an Early Access advantage in having paid for the card, but ask any player here and they will all state that it feels terrible to pick up a duplicate of a card you bought. My question is whether or not this has been tweaked.

Also, Sarahschmara asked this above and I think it's an important question:
      It will cost a "low amount" of crystals to enter the daily event. How low? 5? 50?

edit: Also, it needs to be said: thank you for engaging with the answers here. I appreciate it!
    • MightyKrakyn
      MightyKrakyn Posts: 64
      edited March 2017
      Options
      Thank you for nerfing Gont's Aether Heart. Can you nerf Baral now please?

If this happens at any point, I want it to be known that I will demand compensation from customer service and will never purchase another product from this company again unless you bring it upon yourself refund everybody's money without the hassle. This is not like a pack with random chances or spending in game currency. This was an exchange of real life currency for a specific card, and I have record of it.

If you want to DIRECTLY sell merchandise, make sure the merchandise is ready for sale before your customers buy it. If you change your mind later, everyone better be compensated. Otherwise you're opening yourself up to extreme backlash, in this case possibly a class action lawsuit.
    • Brigby
      Options
      octal9 wrote:
      My question is whether or not this has been tweaked.
      The way Elite Packs will combat duplicate pulls is by placing the content on rotation every 2 weeks. Since they will only give 1 card, albeit a guaranteed Mythic, players will be able to know which card is available at all times.
      octal9 wrote:
      Also, Sarahschmara asked this above and I think it's an important question:
      The cost of entry is the same as one Booster Pack, however you can earn Booster Packs by winning fights, so it evens out after winning just one fight!
    • babar3355
      babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Thank you!

Honestly, this sounds like a great step in the right direction. A daily event where everyone can earn currency to buy mythics if they have successful decks (rather than a race to first place or strenuous objective requirements), a really interesting design to this event that sounds similar to ZW2007's planeshifting idea, better net drop rates (I personally hate opening 14 packs of garbage.. give me less packs with better rates any day), super exclusive cards to seek, smaller player pools in PvP events... These all sound great guys. Kudos!

I, for one, am excited about this release and really appreciate you listening to the community. I will give you guys the props you deserve and leave the future improvements that I hope to see for another place and another time. Great job!
    • jimilinho_
      jimilinho_ Posts: 292
      Options
      Ok, understand GaH nerf, but baral is clearly far more broken, I'm hoping this will be addressed soon?