Please nerf Baral

Options

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hi Brigby,

I highly suggest the dev team communicate planned changes on this one. The community's already pretty prickly; I think having an open line of communication before changes are finalized will be helpful for both sides.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Hi Brigby,

I highly suggest the dev team communicate planned changes on this one. The community's already pretty prickly; I think having an open line of communication before changes are finalized will be helpful for both sides.

Yes! Pleeease show us you learn from feedback!
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    octal9 wrote:
    Hi Brigby,

Yes! Pleeease show us you learn from feedback!

But the feedback is not uniform.
    Some here even say that they request a refund if Baral gets nerfed​...
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Let them try. People have been trying to get their money back for everything, with or without a Baral nerf.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    I think it could be cool if they put the proposed changes to a poll. We as a community can decide on what's the best change to the card.
  • CrimsonNinroot
    CrimsonNinroot Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm perfectly OK with a Baraal Nerf.. but remember I payed for a very specific card and any changes to it will result in me getting my money back. The card was puckered knowing exactly what it was capable of and anything less than that is bait and switch.
  • Apothecary
    Options
    The card is clearly broken. Go and ask for your refunds, because for me, I can just as easily ask for a refund for purchases of other cards because this single one ruins the entire dynamic and is so obviously overpowered
  • Telvar
    Telvar Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have bought Baral, full well knowing it's overpowered. Otherwise i would never paid that amount of cash for one card. My advice is to kill it in pvp in some way (although its not really bothering me much in silver tier), but changing the card itself will mean an automatic refund for me. The developers knew exactly what they were offering and it was told to them dozens of times beforehand.

An alternative for a refund would be another OP card like the super pig or olivia.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm perfectly OK with a Baraal Nerf.. but remember I payed for a very specific card and any changes to it will result in me getting my money back. The card was puckered knowing exactly what it was capable of and anything less than that is bait and switch.
    Telvar wrote:
    I have bought Baral, full well knowing it's overpowered. Otherwise i would never paid that amount of cash for one card. My advice is to kill it in pvp in some way (although its not really bothering me much in silver tier), but changing the card itself will mean an automatic refund for me. The developers knew exactly what they were offering and it was told to them dozens of times beforehand.

An alternative for a refund would be another OP card like the super pig or olivia.

Baral was offered for purchase and no adjustment was planned by the publisher, devs, or anyone else. Issues have been discovered with certain players crafting decks that grief the rest of the community, and so the developers have to make some adjustments against their original design.

On what planet do you live on where that is justification for anyone getting a refund? They are making adjustments based on community feedback, they are not making adjustments as a bait and switch. You have no legal recourse but you are still free to charge-back your Paypal or app store purchase.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yes he is ungodly powered as is but honestly having him helped me realize the star of my rai deck is niblis of frost, when i can get it up to 400 consistently even for one round does it matter it doesnt stay? baral is just the engine that drives it. even with out him he is a rough card in a cheap spell deck killed plenty of people in regular event with out ever drawing baral.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Baral, Chief of Compliance
    "Ruining your fun since he was released"
  • Lecarlovic
    Lecarlovic Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    my 2 cents:
    just add the following line

"take 5 damage for every spell played"

It will force them to make it stop at some point or die, and the AI will blow itself spectacularly.

Your thoughts??????
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    To be honest there are roo many combos that make this game less and less fun each time I play an event.

Just spent 5 minutes watching a Seasons Past and Nissa Renewal deck. Love pressing Pause and Quit
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here is an idea that solves ALL looping issues

Implement it so that any player can cast a maximum of say 10 cards per turn, after that point it goes to combat and turn end.

This number can be as low as 6, which is a full hand. Even with huge cascades and a few extra swaps (from match 5) its not too often a player casts more than 6, which requires card draw and more matches. A cap of 10 is plenty and stops combos before they get too big, but still allows for them enough to keep all styles of players happy. Plus it should be easy to code, so its a good solution for the devs as well.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I unfortunately don't have any specific details to share yet, but the development team has settled on an adjustment to Baral: Chief of Compliance that is anticipated to be implemented in the next update.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the update Brigby.

Will the community get a chance to review the change before it goes live?
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magog wrote:
    Thanks for the update Brigby.

Will the community get a chance to review the change before it goes live?

I think there will be pre-release notes as ususal.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmm... good point. Let me rephrase:

Will there be a chance for community consultation so that we can review this change and flag potential issues with it before it goes live?

Given how obviously broken several cards were in this set (e.g. Gonti's Aether Heart...), I believe that doing so would be a prudent move.
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    Ive scaled back my play on this game now.

Sick of it. Baral in Nodes 9 games. 7 lost due bordom and ive had enough.

Ive installed a few new games.
    Complwting events for reward. not purchasing and not doing QB

Thanks D3.
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I unfortunately don't have any specific details to share yet, but the development team has settled on an adjustment to Baral: Chief of Compliance that is anticipated to be implemented in the next update.

Any news at all was good news. Thanks! Can't wait to see what you guys game up with.