New Feature: Bonus Heroes! *Updated (3/1/17)

Options
1555657585961»

Comments

• Celerial
    Celerial Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Great news!  I've pulled TWO bonus heroes today.  Bad news, neither were cards I had indicated as my favorites to be pulled...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Celerial said:
    Great news!  I've pulled TWO bonus Iheroes today.  Bad news, neither were cards I had indicated as my favorites to be pulled...
    Which heroes do you have selected and which were rewarded?
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with pretty much everything @MissChinch has said in this thread.

Also, @Brigby, if players have a choice between diluted and non-diluted legendary tokens that are otherwise equivalent, then the dilution problem is not a problem.  Everyone can buy the token they prefer, so those of us who don't mind the dilution can buy our big pool tokens and get older heroes - those who want the 12 latest can buy the tokens with 12 latest. PLAYER CHOICE!
  • Celerial
    Celerial Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Celerial said:
    Great news!  I've pulled TWO bonus Iheroes today.  Bad news, neither were cards I had indicated as my favorites to be pulled...
    I have Medusan Iceman, and 5 star Thanos selected.  I pulled 3 star Thor and Black Widow.

Edit:  and I just now realized how the system works... I'm an idiot.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Celerial said:
    Celerial said:
    I have Medusan Iceman, and 5 star Thanos selected.  I pulled 3 star Thor and Black Widow.

Edit:  and I just now realized how the system works... I'm an idiot.
    Yep, gotta have at least one selected in each tier, otherwise you'll just get a random one.

And tokens from a tier will only reward from that same tier, so pulling a 3* hero will only reward another 3* Bonus Hero.

I was curious though, because we did recently get a new version release and was wondering if we were facing a new bug that affected BH pulls, i.e. pulling heroes we haven't selected, even if we have at least one selected in each tier. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    smkspy said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    gravel said:
    Has anyone else had a recent dry spell with bonus heroes?  I received one guaranteed one from a three star from a standard token today, but I don't think I've received more than a couple others in the past 3 weeks or more.
    I thought it was just me. It seems like the 3* BH I used to get from Elites has dried up. That was my most reliable avenue for pulling them. 

I had been fairly satisfied with the rate I was pulling at that tier, anyway. I've still only gotten two 4*s. They may as well not exist for me. Sadly, it seems the 3* tier is headed that direction. 

Same here. In general, the number of 3s from elite tokens has dried up and BH rates from those are now rarer 3s too. I thought it was confirmation bias at first, but am seeing more and more reports of it. Something is definitely up.
    I'm a little irritated by this, because I was tying to get Thanos to 183 for one more Rhulk cover before the rewards change. If I would have been receiving BH at the rate I had been before from Elite tokens, I probably would have made it. Heck, I think I've gotten more BH from Heroic tokens lately, and those tend to be 2*s for me.

I had to check and see if BH were still even being offered in the Elite tokens. It technically still says 1:20 or whatever, but it certainly hasn't felt like that lately. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

Please allow me to play [insert-religious-entity]'s advocate for a moment here:

One of the player demographics that may have been negatively affected by this change was 3-Star transitioners. Wouldn't Vintage Heroic Tokens have given them the chance at acquiring the Classic 3-Stars they need, while feeding the 2-Star Champed characters they have for more resources?

Ok. Out of character now. I can totally understand your frustration coming from your perspective. Based on my analysis, the demographic that was unfortunately most impacted negatively was the group of players that were in the middle of 4-Star roster building when this change occurred. Rest assured that I have already passed along this feedback to the developers.

When it comes to a specific solution, I'm afraid I'm not a developer, so my feedback is limited. I would imagine that they are taking the necessary precautions of analyzing the short-term and long-term effects of all the presented ideas, and determining which iteration would be the best choice. (Not to mention development time needed to implement one)

If I hear of any updates to this process, I will do my best to inform the community promptly.
    Again, thank you @Brigby for keeping us updated.  I am glad to know you all at least recognize the adverse affects of the solution to dilution (hey, that rhymed).

If vintage heroics were implemented for the 3* transitioner, and NOT as a solution for:

1) The 4* transitioner whose progress has been halted
    2) The vet who champed Falcap only to learn that Champion rewards will be so minuscule that it really was not worth it
    3) Or the newbie who would love cracks at vaulted 4's just for various essentials...

...then that is very very cool.  This is where communication would have been awesome.  We got hit with vaulting and ALL players (not just 3* transitioners) were given Vintages as the sole band-aid to stop the bleeding.  Then nothing but radio silence.  I know most of the complaints HERE have been about how the 4* game has been hurt since 3* come so plentifully (DDQ, multiple 3s at a time as top 50 PVP/PVE event rewards, higher odds in vaults, etc.) but that's not to say a token for the 3* player isn't appreciated.  If it were communicated as such initially, with a "we're still looking into more options to provide access to vaulted 4s" I think there would have been less backlash toward that idea.

Anyway, we really do appreciate the updates and you passing our feedback along.  I still think that a CP-purchasable token akin to classic/latest with vaulted 4s is the easiest and most asked for solution (along with putting classics in classics).  I'd think about it as there appears to be little downside to creating that token.

Also the 15 CP all 4's no 5s would give people an avenue to progress in the 4* tier who are a ways away from 5*.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Nepenthe said:
    I agree with pretty much everything MissChinch has said in this thread.

Also, Brigby, if players have a choice between diluted and non-diluted legendary tokens that are otherwise equivalent, then the dilution problem is not a problem.  Everyone can buy the token they prefer, so those of us who don't mind the dilution can buy our big pool tokens and get older heroes - those who want the 12 latest can buy the tokens with 12 latest. PLAYER CHOICE!
    I can totally see the benefits of a system like that. Just reiterating for due diligence that I'm not a developer, however I personally like and support the option of this toggle switch you're suggesting. 

Again, thank you Brigby for keeping us updated.  I am glad to know you all at least recognize the adverse affects of the solution to dilution (hey, that rhymed).

If vintage heroics were implemented for the 3* transitioner, and NOT as a solution for:

1) The 4* transitioner whose progress has been halted
    2) The vet who champed Falcap only to learn that Champion rewards will be so minuscule that it really was not worth it
    3) Or the newbie who would love cracks at vaulted 4's just for various essentials...

...then that is very very cool.  This is where communication would have been awesome.  We got hit with vaulting and ALL players (not just 3* transitioners) were given Vintages as the sole band-aid to stop the bleeding.  Then nothing but radio silence.  I know most of the complaints HERE have been about how the 4* game has been hurt since 3* come so plentifully (DDQ, multiple 3s at a time as top 50 PVP/PVE event rewards, higher odds in vaults, etc.) but that's not to say a token for the 3* player isn't appreciated.  If it were communicated as such initially, with a "we're still looking into more options to provide access to vaulted 4s" I think there would have been less backlash toward that idea.

Anyway, we really do appreciate the updates and you passing our feedback along.  I still think that a CP-purchasable token akin to classic/latest with vaulted 4s is the easiest and most asked for solution (along with putting classics in classics).  I'd think about it as there appears to be little downside to creating that token.

Also the 15 CP all 4's no 5s would give people an avenue to progress in the 4* tier who are a ways away from 5*.  
    You're right that our communication could've been improve when introducing the Vintage Heroic Tokens, as opposed to just putting the store details into a post and then not explaining the design choice behind it. That is why when we introduced the Heroes for Hire bundles, we included a small introduction detailing the design of following the DDQ lineup. I'll be sure to continue providing as much detail as possible moving forward with future announcements.

A new token purchasable with CP is certainly an idea we've brought up before, however I unfortunately do not have any feedback as to their evaluation of that option. Definitely a good suggestion though! Thanks!
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby much appreciate your work, I'm just impatient to hear what the next steps are...  Do you know where this falls in the current priority list for the devs ?
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Felonius said:
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

Apologies for the delayed response. Yes, we are still looking into other options to address the concerns surrounding vaulting, however ideas are still being discussed and investigated, which is why we may not have as much frequent feedback as it's an ongoing process.

Thank you Brigby.  Although it's now been ~2mos and frankly I don't understand what's to discuss and investigate...  If the true reason for Vaulting is really just to take care of complaints that players don't have soon enough access to new characters, then it's easy, put the Latest 12 4* in the Latest Legendary Tokens with the 3 latest 5*.  Put all the rest in the Classic Legendary Tokens.  4-5* Vaulting Issue, sorted.  The end.

Do likewise with Heroic tokens, make a Latest (which has only latest 3 and 4*) and Classic (Everybodyelse) Heroic tokens.  As far as I'm concerned, event tokens can be "latest" collection only (with event-related heroes thrown in).

Easy solution.  Does NOT take 2 months to figure this out.  Seriously.

The issue with putting all the other characters into the Classic Legendary Tokens is the original issue of dilution. There would need to be a solution for that prior to potentially implementing that option, lest each character release would resume exacerbating that issue further. 

@Brigby, well, as I said, you have the diluted Classic LT for those that want to dive into the deep diluted end, and also have the undiluted, Latest LT for those that want shallower waters.  It seems that would be better than the current Vaulted system we have now, because it's still access to all characters at player's choice. 

Anyway, I think others (like @MissChinch) have already replied before me, and said pretty much what I would have.

I continue to appreciate your communications, Sir Brigby.  Thanks!

• blahblahyoutoo
    blahblahyoutoo Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    not sure if this is happening to anyone else.  i have not pulled a bonus hero in weeks.
    early on, I was getting one at a decent clip, maybe 3-5 per week.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome to the RNGesus planet. I guess I've got all your luck when I have pulled a 4* Coulson with a bonus 4* Coulson (can't use the cover :neutral: ) from Heroic token. 

Tl;dr - the bonus heros are working probably as intended. It's 5% chance - 1 in 20 pulls. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    not sure if this is happening to anyone else.  i have not pulled a bonus hero in weeks.
    early on, I was getting one at a decent clip, maybe 3-5 per week.
    Yep, some times you get 2 in a row (I don't think I've managed a 3-in-a-row streak yet) and other times you don't get one for a week or more. 1-20 isn't common enough to expect to happen every day unless you're pulling a ton of eligible tokens.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a feature. There is a guaranteed extra 3* in the standard when you beat the odds and get one. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    I have noticed if ever I pull a 3* from a standard it will always get a BH as well.

Its happened a few times since BH came in, which in itself seems weird - 3* from standards are rare indeed!
    That is intended. Your odds of getting a 3* character from a standard token is ~1/43 (apparently), and they have specifically stated that you will get a 3* bonus hero 100% of the time you pull a 3* from a standard token. It's less than the 5% chance you have elsewhere, but at least it's less frustrating than it could be.