New Feature: Bonus Heroes! *Updated (3/1/17)

Options

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You say they don't have to tell us their rationale or business model. That's fair. They really don't have to do anything. But the fact is, THEY DID. And the
    reason they gave for not implementing "Vintage Legends" is a flat out lie just using basic logic (the only reason we didn't make THAT token is dilution, but here, have a token with way more dilution). The lying is what is rubbing me the wrong way more than anything else.
    Except there's a difference in value between the two things that are being diluted in this case. One costs 20-25 CP, which is a good chunk of a premium commodity. One you can get for 100 HP once a day. One of those two things will be less frustrating if you get a less than useful pull off of it.

If they're going to make one of those two things more likely to contain a useful pull, I'd rather it be the one that I spend a few days to earn, and not the one that can literally be obtained via a single intercept after a match. It stinks that there's tons of 2* in the band-aid they're offering, but they could have just as easily done literally nothing.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No offense, you aren't being paid for pr, but you also aren't doing a good enough job of it to even be an unpaid intern.

This token has no basis for it's existence in current form and was a poor solution to a problem with numerous solutions.

The new token WAS effectively nothing.

It's literally 70% chance of being something that you can obtain for free during a pvp match.

You think we all don't realize this is a business. It's as if you hadn't read the other 57 pages of this thread and the 10 pages of the other where people have CONSISTENTLY come up with ideas that still have a cost of entry, in some sort of premium resource.

Talking down to everyone and being devil's advocate to a poor solution is a waste of everyone time. The developers aren't going to read it and say "welp this one forums poster gets it, guess our job is DONE" and posters aren't going to say "well this token is literally a waste of time, but sure I'll empty my bank account on it because forums poster says I should be happy with ANY solution"
  • NewMcG
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    No offense, you aren't being paid for pr, but you also aren't doing a good enough job of it to even be an unpaid intern.

This token has no basis for it's existence in current form and was a poor solution to a problem with numerous solutions.

It's literally 70% chance of being something that you can obtain for free during a pvp match.

You think we all don't realize this is a business. It's as if you hadn't read the other 57 pages of this thread and the 10 pages of the other where people have CONSISTENTLY come up with ideas that still have a cost of entry, in some sort of premium resource.

Talking down to everyone and being devil's advocate to a poor solution is a waste of everyone time. The developers aren't going to read it and say "welp this one forums poster gets it, guess our job is DONE" and posters aren't going to say "well this token is literally a waste of time, but sure I'll empty my bank account on it because forums poster says I should be happy with ANY solution"
    Nope, I'm not any form of PR. Nor am I saying anyone should be emptying their bank account to buy the new token. What I am saying is, we have none of the info that their company does when it comes to the impact this change has had on them financially. If they had bottomed out the past month, then certainly, drastic measures would have been taken by now to right the ship. Since that hasn't happened, then maybe their easiest course of action was to make a (literally) token gesture to those most vocally outraged.

They made a decision a month ago to shift the paradigm of the game. People on the forums exploded, but obviously the game in general has not. If they looked at the numbers and said "well, revenue is down 90% since the change, but we're sticking to our guns on this thing" they'd be insane. And despite all the everyone's tinfoil hat outcry about how this is all because of whales (or whatever the excuse du jour may be), there's a whole giant economy to this game beyond this forum. The game has been in the hands of millions of people, and having even a small percentage of those dropping a few bucks here and there is how the game keeps going. In general, most of those people will ever even know of the existence of this forum, and the ones who are here seem to want to take that non-opinion on these kinds of matters, and imply that everyone who isn't here agrees with them. I think if it were anywhere close to that case, something significant would have been changed after a month of the new direction of the tokens.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New McG wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

Nope, I'm not any form of PR. Nor am I saying anyone should be emptying their bank account to buy the new token. What I am saying is, we have none of the info that their company does when it comes to the impact this change has had on them financially. If they had bottomed out the past month, then certainly, drastic measures would have been taken by now to right the ship. Since that hasn't happened, then maybe their easiest course of action was to make a (literally) token gesture to those most vocally outraged.

They made a decision a month ago to shift the paradigm of the game. People on the forums exploded, but obviously the game in general has not. If they looked at the numbers and said "well, revenue is down 90% since the change, but we're sticking to our guns on this thing" they'd be insane. And despite all the everyone's tinfoil hat outcry about how this is all because of whales (or whatever the excuse du jour may be), there's a whole giant economy to this game beyond this forum. The game has been in the hands of millions of people, and having even a small percentage of those dropping a few bucks here and there is how the game keeps going. In general, most of those people will ever even know of the existence of this forum, and the ones who are here seem to want to take that non-opinion on these kinds of matters, and imply that everyone who isn't here agrees with them. I think if it were anywhere close to that case, something significant would have been changed after a month of the new direction of the tokens.

No one here thinks that their opinions are the only one that matters.

you're literally typing all of these words to someone who regularly argues that most of the changes made don't consider most of the player base not on the forums aren't in the 3-4 transition. That blocking off 75% of 4 stars AFTER adding a new DDQ node that REQUIRES a 4, was silly and doesn't benefit new players. (look an idea from the forums that doesn't just represent me)

Everyone knows already that millions have played this and most other free to play games.
    EVen the developers don't care about that, in business retention is most important. You want to do things that retain players.

Like I said I could go over point after point about how the new change hurts new players, but I've done that ad nausem in this thread alone.

So as I said, people have already gone over this a multitude of times. Defending this non answer of a token for new players or old is a joke.

You deciding peoples opinions and feed back AREN'T as valuable because they aren't the majority, isn't better than the people who seem to think the peoples here's matter more (which is a rare opinion).

it's even more interesting because a good chunk of QOL changes have found root from here and from the surverys, which every player doesn't do to begin with. icon_rolleyes.gif
    So I guess those opinions don't represent the millions so they aren't as valuable.
  • NewMcG
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    You deciding peoples opinions and feed back AREN'T as valuable because they aren't the majority, isn't better than the people who seem to think the peoples here's matter more (which is a rare opinion).
    Uh huh. That's why there's been absolutely zero "the devs are idiots because they haven't taken our ideas and made them happen, why are they so stupid?" posts.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    No one here thinks that their opinions are the only one that matters.

I don't think McG or anyone else is claiming that people here think their opinions are the only ones that matter. But there ARE people here who seem to think their opinions represent those of veteran players, paying [non-whale] players, or those who post on the forums, none of which is necessarily true.

As I've mentioned before, to little effect, people who are unhappy with the change may be more likely (and possibly MUCH more likely) to post than those who are neutral or happy and so may well be over-represented among those who have posted. There are numerous examples that could be given of the dangers of drawing hasty conclusions from such a voluntary poll (I gave one earlier where the difference was enormous). Yet people still continue to post things like "99% of the forums are against this change" (which isn't even true just counting the # of posters who have weighed in on the issue, never mind the problems with voluntary polls). None of which is to say that complaints here represent a minority opinion either.

Nor is it to say that D3 should ignore the input, since it IS a data point. OTOH, if they make money hand over fist because of the recent change (which I don't think they will - though I don't know if they'll lose any either), and if they have metrics that indicated early on that this would be the case, then I don't think ignoring opinion here is a bad idea. I think one of McG's points was that they may have data sources that are far more indicative of potential bottom line impact than opinion on the forums and, if so, can't be faulted for relying on it.
    GurlBYE wrote:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but IMO, if opinions here aren't in the majority, they AREN'T as valuable as those that are. If the majority thinks X is or is not a good idea and the minority thinks the reverse, then the opinions of those in the majority should count more (since they are, by definition, in the majority). I'm not saying that minority opinion shouldn't count at all, just that it should count less than majority opinion. If they take a poll of new characters people want, shouldn't the votes of those in the majority (or plurality) count more (isn't that the point of doing a poll in the first place)?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 wrote:
    I don't think McG or anyone else is claiming that people here think their opinions are the only ones that matter. But there ARE people here who seem to think their opinions represent those of veteran players, paying [non-whale] players, or those who post on the forums, none of which is necessarily true.

As I've mentioned before, to little effect, people who are unhappy with the change may be more likely (and possibly MUCH more likely) to post than those who are neutral or happy and so may well be over-represented among those who have posted. There are numerous examples that could be given of the dangers of drawing hasty conclusions from such a voluntary poll (I gave one earlier where the difference was enormous). Yet people still continue to post things like "99% of the forums are against this change" (which isn't even true just counting the # of posters who have weighed in on the issue, never mind the problems with voluntary polls). None of which is to say that complaints here represent a minority opinion either.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but IMO, if opinions here aren't in the majority, they AREN'T as valuable as those that are. If the majority thinks X is or is not a good idea and the minority thinks the reverse, then the opinions of those in the majority should count more (since they are, by definition, in the majority). I'm not saying that minority opinion shouldn't count at all, just that it should count less than majority opinion. If they take a poll of new characters people want, shouldn't the votes of those in the majority (or plurality) count more (isn't that the point of doing a poll in the first place)?

There is definitely an echo chamber in this (and any) forum. And astrp3 is absolutely right in that people who are not solidly against the vaulting are far less likely to post. And when they do post are frequently rebutted by many of the same people over and over.

I know that in my alliance there is a split between players who like the vaulting and don't like the vaulting. There are a couple who even like the new token although admittedly that number is a much smaller group. Out of the other friends who I know in real life who play the game there is also a split.

I can definitely understand the complaints against vaulting that some people have. I even share some of those concerns. But I also know that dilution was a huge problem that the forum also railed about for a long, long time. A frequent complaint was that new characters were unusable for a year or more. The vaulting change absolutely turned that on its face, it is now pretty easy to quickly cover any of the 12 in tokens. That change did have some other consequences in terms of older characters but bonus heroes mitigated that to an extent. The new store also mitigates it to an extent. Rome wasn't built in a day and incremental changes are often more well received. Hopefully the devs continue to roll out new things that also mitigate the bad parts of vaulting.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The solution to dillution was painfully easy. All they needed to do is adjust the odds a bit in packs and stop giving such **** rewards. The times of only the top 1% of placement finishers getting a 4* prize are loooooooooooooooooooooooooong over and only the devs are too dense to see it and too stuborn to admit it. By now in slc 8 top hundred should get a 4* in placement. We are approaching 50 of them for **** sake and they aren't even the top tier prize anymore. Instead they decided to just say **** you guys and make more then half of them unwinable in packs. Its indefensible.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New McG wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Uh huh. That's why there's been absolutely zero "the devs are idiots because they haven't taken our ideas and made them happen, why are they so stupid?" posts.

What is the point of this statement? We all know that some people say stupid things here on the forums. GurlBYE didn't say it never happens, just that it's rare relative to the total volume of posting. But true or not, does the frequency of stupid forum posts have any effect on the validty of GurlBYE's post?
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    revskip wrote:
    There is definitely an echo chamber in this (and any) forum. And astrp3 is absolutely right in that people who are not solidly against the vaulting are far less likely to post. And when they do post are frequently rebutted by many of the same people over and over.

I know that in my alliance there is a split between players who like the vaulting and don't like the vaulting. There are a couple who even like the new token although admittedly that number is a much smaller group. Out of the other friends who I know in real life who play the game there is also a split.

I can definitely understand the complaints against vaulting that some people have. I even share some of those concerns. But I also know that dilution was a huge problem that the forum also railed about for a long, long time. A frequent complaint was that new characters were unusable for a year or more. The vaulting change absolutely turned that on its face, it is now pretty easy to quickly cover any of the 12 in tokens. That change did have some other consequences in terms of older characters but bonus heroes mitigated that to an extent. The new store also mitigates it to an extent. Rome wasn't built in a day and incremental changes are often more well received. Hopefully the devs continue to roll out new things that also mitigate the bad parts of vaulting.

C'mon revskip. You are acting like the vaulting and bonus heroes changes were inevitable. Vaulting is terrible, and it is mitigated a bit by bonus heroes. But the the two systems are not inextricably linked. They were just released simultaneously. Demi could easily have done one or the other.

The devs can, of course, do whatever they want to the game. But there is nothing wrong with the players pointing out problems if/when whatever they have done is bad. Like many other people here on the forums, I get that the game is a business and needs revenue to keep going. But as a consumer, I don't feel bad about wanting demi to over good gaming value for any investment. And when they fail to do so, I don't see a problem with any player voicing their frustrations (here or elsewhere), especially if the player keeps criticism on point and polite. This vaulting thing crossed my personal line; it' seems too clearly designed to generate more revenue for demi/d3 without offering much value to players (relative to what is being taken away). So I will gripe about it.

And if incrementalism is the way to go with changes, then why were ~75% of 4*s vaulted with about 2 hours' prior notice? That doesn't seem incremental to me. So is it that player-friendly changes need to be done incrementally, but player-unfriendly changes need to be done as quickly as possible? That may very well be demi's philosophy (it generally describes the way they implement big changes). But I don't have to like it as a player.

Finally, as a side note; I think your statement that "it's now pretty easy to quickly cover any of the 12 [4*s] in tokens" is actually overbroad. That may well be true for the 4* vet class. But we were already getting 4* covers faster than we could get iso to champ everyone. I doubt that many 2* or 3* players earn enough LTs/CP to quickly cover any 4*s even at the new drop rates. It is around 7% per 4* now I think, and that means it should take somewhere between 100-200 LT pulls to fully cover a new 4* (depending on how many covers you get during the release events). I would bet that only a minority of the player base earns 200 LTs every 6-8 months (in six months, assuming one can do all possible crash events, one will get 36 LT. Buying the remaining 164 tokesn, at the lowest rate of 20cp, would require a little over 3k CPs, which averages out to around 18 CP a day. Most players will get some additional LTs from champing, resupply, or vaults during that time as well, so call it 15cp a day. What percentage of players do you think earn 15+cp a day, win every single crash of the titans, and regularly get LTs from champ rewards and daily resupply? That doesn't sound like a 2* or 3* player to me.).
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    What percentage of players do you think earn 15+cp a day, win every single crash of the titans, and regularly get LTs from champ rewards and daily resupply? That doesn't sound like a 2* or 3* player to me.).

I, of course, am only one player, but thought I'd post my numbers since I am a 3* player (I have most 4*s rostered, but none of them are levelled or useable - I only use them for required PvE nodes and, on very, very, very rare occasion, crash of the titans).

21 days ago, I started tracking the resources I earn and in those 21 days, I've pulled 37 covers from the legendary stores. I've averaged 20 CP a day (plus 53k ISO, 421 HP, and 460 XP) - the extra pulls are from LTs I won championing my 3*s, one from VIP, one from the Howard crash, and one or two from event/taco tokens. I have not received any LTs from daily resupply. I have also earned old 4* covers in PvE progression, PvE placement, vaults, as rewards for levelling 3*s to 183, and one as a bonus hero. Since vaulting was introduced, I have gone from having one 4* (Rulk) at 8 covers, 1 at 7 (Deadpool), and the rest at 5 or less to having Gwenpool at 13, Luke Cage at 11, Carol at 10, Rulk at 9, and four more at 8.

I was actually surprised at the amount of resources I earned (I would have estimated it to be much lower).To your point, however, I am not a casual player, and once I finish championing my 3*s, my legendary pull rate will go down somewhat.

My roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/astrp3/
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God I wish I could stop drawing Mordo purple. This is getting awfully repetitive now. icon_e_sad.gif
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    C'mon revskip. You are acting like the vaulting and bonus heroes changes were inevitable. Vaulting is terrible, and it is mitigated a bit by bonus heroes. But the the two systems are not inextricably linked. They were just released simultaneously. Demi could easily have done one or the other.

The devs can, of course, do whatever they want to the game. But there is nothing wrong with the players pointing out problems if/when whatever they have done is bad. Like many other people here on the forums, I get that the game is a business and needs revenue to keep going. But as a consumer, I don't feel bad about wanting demi to over good gaming value for any investment. And when they fail to do so, I don't see a problem with any player voicing their frustrations (here or elsewhere), especially if the player keeps criticism on point and polite. This vaulting thing crossed my personal line; it' seems too clearly designed to generate more revenue for demi/d3 without offering much value to players (relative to what is being taken away). So I will gripe about it.

Every single new character release thread in the character forum had the same complaint popping up. I mean all of them.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43506&start=20
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=46309&start=40
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=53603&start=40
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45672&start=20
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44866&start=20

Every single time a new character was being released the community was complaining that the new character would be under-covered for 6 months to a year or longer. Vaulting was a direct fix for that very frequent complaint. This is the devs listening to the forum and putting in a fix. Then the forum gets riled up about the fix because it wasn't the fix they wanted (loosening the purse strings on 4*s). Gripe away, I don't think the complaints about it taking too long to cover 4* characters were at all a bad criticism. I also think there are problems with their solution but pretending that it doesn't solve a very common complaint is myopic.

Does there need to be a better way to get at the vaulted characters? Absolutely. Are they making moves to make that happen? Again, yes.
    Vhailorx wrote:
    And if incrementalism is the way to go with changes, then why were ~75% of 4*s vaulted with about 2 hours' prior notice? That doesn't seem incremental to me. So is it that player-friendly changes need to be done incrementally, but player-unfriendly changes need to be done as quickly as possible? That may very well be demi's philosophy (it generally describes the way they implement big changes). But I don't have to like it as a player.

It was a big change but new characters being very difficult to cover was a big complaint on the forums and dilution was getting worse every release. Vaulting 75% of the characters fixed the former. The latter is still an issue, now however it is the older characters who need a new avenue to cover. Bonus heroes is one such avenue. The vintage heroic token although very flawed is another. Hopefully there are more.
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Finally, as a side note; I think your statement that "it's now pretty easy to quickly cover any of the 12 [4*s] in tokens" is actually overbroad. That may well be true for the 4* vet class. But we were already getting 4* covers faster than we could get iso to champ everyone. I doubt that many 2* or 3* players earn enough LTs/CP to quickly cover any 4*s even at the new drop rates. It is around 7% per 4* now I think, and that means it should take somewhere between 100-200 LT pulls to fully cover a new 4* (depending on how many covers you get during the release events). I would bet that only a minority of the player base earns 200 LTs every 6-8 months (in six months, assuming one can do all possible crash events, one will get 36 LT. Buying the remaining 164 tokesn, at the lowest rate of 20cp, would require a little over 3k CPs, which averages out to around 18 CP a day. Most players will get some additional LTs from champing, resupply, or vaults during that time as well, so call it 15cp a day. What percentage of players do you think earn 15+cp a day, win every single crash of the titans, and regularly get LTs from champ rewards and daily resupply? That doesn't sound like a 2* or 3* player to me.).

A competitive 3* player can earn 95 CP per week just from hitting 575 in each PVP event and hitting progression in PVE (25 less if it is a 7 day PVE event). If they have even a single cover of the 4*s from the Behemoth Burrito they get another 14 per week. Just that would get them to 15CP a day. That's without any CP rewards from 2* farming, 3* rewards and tokens from champing 3*s. Even more if they get Shield Intercepts and/or have VIP. It adds up pretty quick. Casual players obviously aren't getting that but they weren't running through the transition fast in the old system either.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Revskip, it will STILL take most players 6 months or a year to cover new 4*s. To be sure, I have also make some snarky posts about new characters (i.e. "this character looks fun. I look forward to trying them out in 2018!). So dilution was a long term problem.

But demi's actions are not proportional to the scale of the dilution problem. Demi gave players a tiny little scoop of targeted roster development (bonus heroes) and then dumped a giant pile of artificial rarity on us (vaulting). It seems much more plausible to me that this change was made to fix some problem with Demi's revenue stream and was retroactively sold to players as a solution for token dilution.

(btw, this is effectively the same argument that we had over PVE scoring last summer. Demi generally makes big, player-unfriendly changes simultaneously with much smaller, player-friendly improvements in unrelated systems. I tend to complain about the unfriendly changes, and you tend to focus on the positive side.)

Re daily CP. 18/day isn't an unreasonable amount. But I still doubt that most 2* and 3* players are getting it. astrp3's example included grinding every PVE event to max prog, and at least 575 in each pvp, plus ddq. That's about 2.5-3.5 hours of playing every day (depending on roster strenght/scaling). It's definitely possible, but only if you have a complete 2*, 3*, and 4* roster (so you never miss an essential node). I really don't think that most people can handle that requirement until they fully cover their 3* roster and start their 4* transition.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revskip wrote:
    Every single time a new character was being released the community was complaining that the new character would be under-covered for 6 months to a year or longer. Vaulting was a direct fix for that very frequent complaint. This is the devs listening to the forum and putting in a fix. Then the forum gets riled up about the fix because it wasn't the fix they wanted (loosening the purse strings on 4*s). Gripe away, I don't think the complaints about it taking too long to cover 4* characters were at all a bad criticism. I also think there are problems with their solution but pretending that it doesn't solve a very common complaint is myopic.

Introducing ways to increase the rate at which people covered newer characters is a good idea, however not everyone is that bothered about newer characters specifically so forcing this change onto everyone seems excessive when a compromise could have easily been to add a second version of each LT and then people could choose to buy those instead of the existing ones if they were happy to sacrifice progression on older characters in order to speed it up on newer ones.

This would be an approach that catered to everyone without them having to loosen the purse strong on 4*s either.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Due to Peggy leave newest and classic legends very soon, I decided to open my 15 LT.

rewardered with 3 icon_peggycarter.pngyellowflag.png
    1 medusa_icon.pngyellowflag.png
    1 icon_caroldanvers.pnggreenflag.png
    2 wasp_icon.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png
    3 agent icon_venom.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
    1 coulson icon_shield.pngpurpleflag.png
    3 mordo_icon.PNGpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    and 1 icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png

not a single bonus hero ( I only got a few 3 star.png bonus so far)

and this should be a feature that " help players build stronger rosters faster"?

YOU FAILED!!! icon_evil.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Re daily CP. 18/day isn't an unreasonable amount. But I still doubt that most 2* and 3* players are getting it. astrp3's example included grinding every PVE event to max prog, and at least 575 in each pvp, plus ddq. That's about 2.5-3.5 hours of playing every day (depending on roster strenght/scaling). It's definitely possible, but only if you have a complete 2*, 3*, and 4* roster (so you never miss an essential node). I really don't think that most people can handle that requirement until they fully cover their 3* roster and start their 4* transition.

The CP daily intake might be 20 for veteran players (clearly not the noobs) but let's look at this from the real life game experience. As has been proven by many players to progress out of 4* land to the 5* (that should be the expected behavior after what - a year-and-a-half since the 5* were introduced) you need to hoard CP and pull from the 3 latest. Average hoarders at the forum suggest it takes about 250 pulls (6250 CP). With the ~20 odd CP a day we are looking at almost one year of hoarding to get there. Depressing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Due to Peggy leave newest and classic legends very soon, I decided to open my 15 LT.

1 coulson:shield: purpleflag.png
    and 1 icon_bullseye_old.pngpurpleflag.png

and this should be a feature that helps US to let growing our rosters?

Probability of not getting a bonus hero in 15 pulls: About 46%. So not really out of the ordinary, though I understand it's no fun.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:

1 coulson icon_shield.pngpurpleflag.png
    and 1 icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png

and this should be a feature that " help players build stronger rosters faster"?

Not sure what your point is here. Under the old system you would have gotten on average 1/3 of a Peggy cover. And more than likely 1 cover of 15 different characters. -Maybe- 2 of one and then 1 of 13 others. And that character you got 2 covers in could still just as easily have been a character you don't like/already have 5 covers in that colour for, etc...
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What do you want to bet the OML nerf was caused when they realized EVERYONE put OML as their favorite hero for the 5* tier?