New Feature: Bonus Heroes! *Updated (3/1/17)

Options

Comments

• kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options

They'll never remove the timer on covers. It's that sense of urgency that pushes players to spend cash so they can roster or champ a character in time before the cover expires. It's a typically pshychological trick that most F2P games use.

No, the only thing that needs to be done and that is realistic, is giving players a chance to have access to the older 4*s in the same way they have access to the newer ones. And in that regard I feel the current Bonus Heroes + Vintage Heroics + Heroes for Hire are an insufficient or too costly answer.

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In this bonus hero feature I like that I can select whatever characters I want. But I don't like it's way too rare happening and I can't get the older characters I want as easily as before. I want to champ my older (4-star) characters, not the new ones!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm in a tough position where I need more active blue users on my team and have no prospects due to vaulting combined with the dreaded 1/5/1 variant builds.  The only way to get the Icemans and Cyclops and Thors (good blue users) of the world is to roll the dice and hope the minuscule amount of times I do pull a bonus; it's the color I'm missing. Those who "got in" before vaulting are at no such disadvantage. If you have advice for my situation; by all means! (http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63703/what-to-do-when-you-need-more-blue#latest)
    @Brigby, can we get official word on whether or not the developers are still looking into a fix for vaulting?

I know when Vintage Heroics were announced we were told that it is possible that this may not be the only step you take to fix the problem.

There has been a lot of silence from the developers on this issue (and in fairness there has been plenty of other forum fires in need of dousing based on a string of recent changes).

I'm just curious as to whether or not we can expect changes or if we can expect this to be the way things are.
    It's been a week since I asked this question and the radio silence leads me to believe they've moved on. They are not looking into fixing vaulting anymore.  It really sucks how this whole thing has been handled in terms of implementation and communication. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ...It's been a week since I asked this question and the radio silence leads me to believe they've moved on. They are not looking into fixing vaulting anymore...
    Agreed :(

I'll try the third grade note passing technique...

---------------------------------------------
    Hey @Cthulhu circle one of the answers below:

"I know you guys are pissed, but take a hint...  we gave you multiple ways to buy the retired 4*s, and no one cares about the retired 3*s so we consider the problem solved"

"Working on another CP store that rotates groups of 5*s and 4*s out every few days irrespective of vaulted status that you can choose to spend your LT and CP on, just let me work you impatient cretins..."

"Still looking into it, expect an attempt resembling the vintage store thing about once every other season, till its fixed or till people shut up..."

"Weird coincidence, this is literally the first post I've read on here in a month"
    ----------------------------------------------

Too bad we cant bet in-game currency on the odds we'll get another response in this thread...
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oops, saw this thread sinking down so ... bump.

No seriously, I'll keep bumping this and NOT paying money until we get either a decent answer or until this thread gets locked and I get banned.

We're paying customers, we deserve at the very least a polite answer.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lol they will lock zombie post thread, look at true healing
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone else had a recent dry spell with bonus heroes?  I received one guaranteed one from a three star from a standard token today, but I don't think I've received more than a couple others in the past 3 weeks or more.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

Apologies for the delayed response. Yes, we are still looking into other options to address the concerns surrounding vaulting, however ideas are still being discussed and investigated, which is why we may not have as much frequent feedback as it's an ongoing process.

I would assume the easiest thing to do is the put classic covers in the classic legends and all the latest and greatest in the latest legends.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just wondered why the options weren't considered and implemented together when vaulting was implemented.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

Apologies for the delayed response. Yes, we are still looking into other options to address the concerns surrounding vaulting, however ideas are still being discussed and investigated, which is why we may not have as much frequent feedback as it's an ongoing process.

I would assume the easiest thing to do is the put classic covers in the classic legends and all the latest and greatest in the latest legends.
    This is a no brainer idea. But features rolled out by Demiurge always seem to choose the more obscure ideas and cause problems for themselves
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So far, I've gotten three BHs for my C5p, which is allowing me to champion him at 14 covers, so I'm happy with BH. I've also gotten numerous 3* BHs, which have helped me push my 3* champ farm along, so that's working well also.

I haven't gotten as many memorable 4* BHs, but I've gotten a few, and those have been appreciated as well.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

Thank you Brigby.  Although it's now been ~2mos and frankly I don't understand what's to discuss and investigate...  If the true reason for Vaulting is really just to take care of complaints that players don't have soon enough access to new characters, then it's easy, put the Latest 12 4* in the Latest Legendary Tokens with the 3 latest 5*.  Put all the rest in the Classic Legendary Tokens.  4-5* Vaulting Issue, sorted.  The end.

Do likewise with Heroic tokens, make a Latest (which has only latest 3 and 4*) and Classic (Everybodyelse) Heroic tokens.  As far as I'm concerned, event tokens can be "latest" collection only (with event-related heroes thrown in).

Easy solution.  Does NOT take 2 months to figure this out.  Seriously.

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Felonius said:
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

Thank you Brigby.  Although it's now been ~2mos and frankly I don't understand what's to discuss and investigate...  If the true reason for Vaulting is really just to take care of complaints that players don't have soon enough access to new characters, then it's easy, put the Latest 12 4* in the Latest Legendary Tokens with the 3 latest 5*.  Put all the rest in the Classic Legendary Tokens.  4-5* Vaulting Issue, sorted.  The end.

Do likewise with Heroic tokens, make a Latest (which has only latest 3 and 4*) and Classic (Everybodyelse) Heroic tokens.  As far as I'm concerned, event tokens can be "latest" collection only (with event-related heroes thrown in).

Maybe they are discussing how long it will take for people to stop complaining?  Good suggestion, I would even take a vault token.  Separate token that only has vaulted heroes, so they can keep what they are doing with the legendaries now if its that important to them and still give us an option.  I do like your idea better though.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its quite obvious at this point that we are stuck now with this rubbish system they've implemented. For some reason they like it. 

Maybe one day 75% of our rosters will be useful again. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Felonius said:
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

The issue with putting all the other characters into the Classic Legendary Tokens is the original issue of dilution. There would need to be a solution for that prior to potentially implementing that option, lest each character release would resume exacerbating that issue further. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes there would be dilution but the obvious answer is a new token or 2, give us the option to choose dilution or latest 12

Latest: 3 newest 5 :star:s, 12 newest 4 :star:s
    Classic: remaining 5 :star:s, 12 newest 4 :star:s

Latest plus: 3 newest 5 :star:s, ALL 4 :star:
    Classic plus: remaining 5 :star:s, ALL 4 :star:s

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Felonius said:
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

The issue with putting all the other characters into the Classic Legendary Tokens is the original issue of dilution. There would need to be a solution for that prior to potentially implementing that option, lest each character release would resume exacerbating that issue further. 
    It's about a billion times better than what we have now, why not do that and then take your time coming up with that perfect solution?  (Or, crazy idea, figure this stuff out BEFORE making the changes!)  There are some of us greatly hurt by the current system that might not be customers by the time you figure that out.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Felonius said:
    Brigby said:
    @Daredevil217

While you're looking into other options, be sure to look into the Suggestions and Feedback forum, where some of us have been suggesting legendary stores that would solve classics dilution for 4*s and even 5*s!  http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63390/new-store-fix-for-vaulting-and-5-dilution

TL;DR - Rotating special legendary stores featuring a limited number of (older, vaulted) 5*s and 4*s, instead of the big pool of all covers.

You're welcome.

PS. I'm a mathematician and my wife is an indie game designer. We are available for consultation at reasonable rates. ;)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gravel said:
    Has anyone else had a recent dry spell with bonus heroes?  I received one guaranteed one from a three star from a standard token today, but I don't think I've received more than a couple others in the past 3 weeks or more.
    I thought it was just me. It seems like the 3* BH I used to get from Elites has dried up. That was my most reliable avenue for pulling them. 

I had been fairly satisfied with the rate I was pulling at that tier, anyway. I've still only gotten two 4*s. They may as well not exist for me. Sadly, it seems the 3* tier is headed that direction.