New Feature: Bonus Heroes! *Updated (3/1/17)

Options

Comments

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just hoping for a follow up...  Tomorrow will be a month since Brigby said that options to fix this issue are being explored, any word on what will happen or when it might come about ?

...and almost a month and a half since Cthulhu asked us to "...please bear with us as we move as fast as we can without breaking anything! "

I've just been earning CP and waiting for a way that gives me a chance to turn them into covers for the 4*s I was working on that have been retired...  its getting boring.

Even official word that Cthulhu and company has stopped "moving as fast as they can" to fix it would be useful...

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I've just been earning CP and waiting for a way that gives me a chance to turn them into covers for the 4*s I was working on that have been retired...  its getting boring.

Since they don't seem to want to do the "vintage classic legendary tokens" many of us have suggested, here's my newer suggestion to give us a reason to spend that hoarded CP: http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63390/new-store-fix-for-vaulting-and-5-dilution

I hope other people agree that it'd be an improvement. I think it helps with the 5* dilution in classics, as well.
  • MissChinch
    Options

@Nepenthe definitely sounds familiar :)

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/660774#Comment_660774

should be a link to my march 31st post, but I do like your names better ;)

• Nepenthe
    Options
    @MissChinch, I'm not surprised I'm not the first to suggest it or similar. Just trying to get the idea some more attention. :)
  • MissChinch
    Options
    @nepenthe I sincerely do like your names better, and its not surprising because its such a simple solution that gets them more money and not hordes of pissed off forum-goers, PLUS its using a mechanism they seem to love and have at hand: more stores...
  • Nepenthe
    Options
    @MissChinch well since we both agree, we just need @Brigby or @Cthulhu to chime in...   o:)
  • MissChinch
    Options
    @Nepenthe Where do I sign! At this point, at a minimum it warrants @Cthulhu to sign in and just tell us to piss off, right ? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby, can we get official word on whether or not the developers are still looking into a fix for vaulting?

I know when Vintage Heroics were announced we were told that it is possible that this may not be the only step you take to fix the problem.

There has been a lot of silence from the developers on this issue (and in fairness there has been plenty of other forum fires in need of dousing based on a string of recent changes).

I'm just curious as to whether or not we can expect changes or if we can expect this to be the way things are.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    "nothing to see, move along" 

devs and d3 will have a spike in health packs sales with oml nerf.  but lying about his usage being the cause, and not the health pack buying, which would have been a real good reason to nerf him and prolly not cause as much ruckus; will drive away peeps who buy VIP.  so in the end they will more likely than not lose more money than just trying to make the community happy by fixing the real problems with the game.  colorless covers, vaulting, scaling, better drop rates on 5*'s and 4*, a true "3*/4*" only token,  and maybe try and do an "all progression" pve where end goal u get 3 4* covers and 3* covers.

p.s. "it's about the money"
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You forgot about lack of daily 4* DDQ, the CL 9 and 10 (aka the promised land) and horrendous PvP experience.
  • Magic
    Options
    But we have daily 4* DDQ, it's Heroes for Hire! Sure it costs $20 more or less with different prices for different players with no rhyme or reason, but it's a guaranteed 4* cover every day! Just what we were all whining for! Why aren't you happy???

Where is the "Chuckle" button when you need one. Good point :)
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The biggest reason I hate vaulting, is right now I have 6 4* covers in my queue, I can't even remember the last time I had 6 4* covers in my queue.  I thought this was going to make for a better experience for me, that's what they told me.  Oh waiting I know, they want me to spend thousands so I can get the other covers so I can champion these guys.  lololololo.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    But we have daily 4* DDQ, it's Heroes for Hire! Sure it costs $20 more or less with different prices for different players with no rhyme or reason, but it's a guaranteed 4* cover every day! Just what we were all whining for! Why aren't you happy???
    Look at the bright side since a lot of people are complaining about the 3600 hp price tag I'm sure it will be upped to at least 5000 soon.  That's a good way to address the complaints for the stupid things they do, right?
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So basically the answer of the devs so far to the much hated vaulting is: Vintage Heroes + Heroes for Hire. Is this going to be the definitive answer going forward? Any news?
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    kyo28 said:
    So basically the answer of the devs so far to the much hated vaulting is: Vintage Heroes + Heroes for Hire. Is this going to be the definitive answer going forward? Any news?
    If you read between the lines there is another two word answer, one starts with an f and I'll let you guess on the other...
  • Nepenthe
    Options
    Currently I'm waiting for the off season, to see if they do vintage heroics again, or try a different store (like one of the many variations on Legendary stores that have been requested!), or just do nothing about the older 4*s.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i wonder if they ever could program a way so we can choose who will to be in 12 (4*) and 20 (3*) pool instead of pre-selecting it; and leave bonus heroes the same with better than 1:20 odds.

and colorless covers would solve everything else.
  • Magic
    Options
    I don't agree that colorless as being the ultimate solution to world problems. I think the removal of the bloody timer on covers is more important.