New Feature: Bonus Heroes! *Updated (3/1/17)

Options

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    What do you want to bet the OML nerf was caused when they realized EVERYONE put OML as their favorite hero for the 5* tier?

If I were a betting man, I'd bet against that. My bet would be that it's just as they explained: they decided that it's time to nerf some characters, looked that the % of time characters appeared on winning teams (perhaps along with other stats), saw that OML was #1, and decided to start with him. Of course, if that's true, it means this is only the first in a series of nerfs so strap yourself in for more threads like this one.
  • Forbush
    Forbush Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Bonus Heroes
    We are excited to announce that starting today, Bonus Heroes is available to all players who are at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 8 or higher! Bonus Heroes offers players additional covers for characters that they have chosen as their favorite characters. Also, starting with Bonus Heroes, we will be removing some characters from packs to help players build stronger rosters faster.
    BonusHeroespng

*snip*

Newest Characters in Packs:
    Also, starting with Bonus Heroes, packs will contain the newest characters. In packs that have 4-Stars, you will be able to get the 12 latest 4-Stars that have been released. For 3-Stars, you will be able to get 20 3-Stars chosen by the Design team at Demiurge Studios. Whenever a new character is introduced into these packs, the oldest character will be rotated out of the pack.

Latest Legends packs will continue to have the latest three released 5-Stars, and Classic Legendary packs will have all 5-Stars except the three most recently released.

CharactersAvailableInPackpng

*snip snip*

How do I Select Favorite Characters?
    You select your favorite characters from the Roster screen or when you are viewing the character from the Roster screen. Characters you have not rostered yet will appear in your roster so that you can favorite characters you have not collected yet.
    MedusaFavoritepng
    HeroesNotOwnedpng

Hiya Brigby!  Just checking to see if this is an issue on my end or the site's - when I try to view the images in the parts of the post I've selected above, I just get a filename and not the image (and in this comment box, missing image icons).  I've noticed there are .PNG issues with the new site popping up here and there, and that none of the old links to threads are working anymore, while the images on post-migration posts (like in the character rebalancing thread) are showing up just fine for me.  (And if you're wondering, yes, I've whitelisted the d3 forums and am enabling all scripts.)  If this is indeed an issue not just for me, and as there's some pretty crucial information in the above images, I'd appreciate someone checking on it. Thanks!

(And while I'm at it, may I recommend specifically stickying a regularly updated list of 3* and 4* set to rotate in and out of tokens, in order?  This information is vital to, well, I'd think everybody.  Please consider it, and thank you again!)
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think it is high time for the covers pulled as bonuses to take in to consideration the amount of covers you already have.
    Pulling a bonus hero for a colour that has 5 already but isn't championed, is a massive kick in the teeth, especially if your bonus hero is one that is Vaulted.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    colorless covers would solve a lot of problems
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    colorless covers would solve a lot of problems
    Also, not vaulting would be less problems.
    Actually, I'm kind of surprised changing the color of a cover isn't a VIP feature yet.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options

Any feedback or updat to report Brigby? Would be interested to hear how far we are with a real solution to the problem (not taking Vintage Herioics into consideration of course as that isn't even worth consideration as a solution).

In the mean time I have 2 red Peggy Carters dying on the vine because I was unable to finish her before she left the vault (stuck at 10 covers among which 5 red).

Can we get some feedback, please?

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This thread is still going?  Wow.  40 days in, still nothing new to report.  Seems dead in the water at this point.  Ah well.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This thread is still going?  Wow.  40 days in, still nothing new to report.  Seems dead in the water at this point.  Ah well.
    Please, allow me:

Nothing changing. Stop crying about it and either deal with it or quit.
  • killerkoala
    Options
    "this too shall pass"

"p.s. it's about the money"
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They had vaulting before, right? And then reversed it? How did that whole thing go down, and is there anything that worked then that we can try now?
  • killerkoala
    Options
    i think they got tired of changing the peeps in the vault.  this time all the do is change only if 1 or 2 peeps are added per season, instead on 12 or more rotation.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They had vaulting before, right? And then reversed it? How did that whole thing go down, and is there anything that worked then that we can try now?

It didn't go well since the constant character releases meant more and more characters needed to go into the vault. I Think they stopped once more than half of the threestar characters were vaulted.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster said:

It didn't go well since the constant character releases meant more and more characters needed to go into the vault. I Think they stopped once more than half of the threestar characters were vaulted.
    But now they're perfectly fine with starting off with over half the 3*s and 75% of the 4*s in the vault. Makes perfect sense!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

But now they're perfectly fine with starting off with over half the 3*s and 75% of the 4*s in the vault. Makes perfect sense!

I Think the problem back then was that they had to start vaulting fairly new characters that people hadn't had a chance to cover yet - there was a long gap (several months) where no new characters were added to tokens, so some character had a very limited availability. And the problem would only get worse as more characters got added.

At least with this distribution model, we know how large the window is for recruiting new characters.

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please, allow me:

Nothing changing. Stop crying about it and either deal with it or quit.
    Not crying at all, just surprised this thread still has some steam.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh yeah, this thread has plenty of steam left. And I'll keep pumping steam into it until we get a decent answer from the devs. The latest we got is the new 'Heroes for Hire' store which I think is a step in the good direction, but until there is a final and decent solution to vaulting that is both respectful towards all kinds of players as well as financially viable for the devs, I'll keep asking for updates here.
  • killerkoala
    edited April 2017
    Options
    that is an awful step in any direction, 2500/3600 k in HP for every day, no ty
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are we going to get any developer input as to whether or not they are going to do anything to fix vaulting?  I know when the Heroics were rolled out they said this possibly wasn't the only measure they were taking and they would continue to discuss.  Can we get an update on where the team is with this?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are we going to get any developer input as to whether or not they are going to do anything to fix vaulting?  I know when the Heroics were rolled out they said this possibly wasn't the only measure they were taking and they would continue to discuss.  Can we get an update on where the team is with this?
    Heroes for Hire, Vintage Heroic tokens, probably more to come.  I wouldn't hold my breath for more specific communication on the topic with the hyperbolic nonsense that keeps popping up every time a change is made.  

Being upset about the changes I get, there are definitely major issues with vaulting.  The "devs are greedy, sadistic monsters who exist only to cause us grief and rob us" posts don't really help to get that across.  They just make the people on the forum look like children throwing a tantrum and I can't imagine that makes anyone associated with the game thrilled to come in here and post the same thing over and over to mollify them.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    revskip said:
    Heroes for Hire, Vintage Heroic tokens, probably more to come.  I wouldn't hold my breath for more specific communication on the topic with the hyperbolic nonsense that keeps popping up every time a change is made.  

Being upset about the changes I get, there are definitely major issues with vaulting.  The "devs are greedy, sadistic monsters who exist only to cause us grief and rob us" posts don't really help to get that across.  They just make the people on the forum look like children throwing a tantrum and I can't imagine that makes anyone associated with the game thrilled to come in here and post the same thing over and over to mollify them.  
    Don't you think saying that posts such as "devs are greedy, sadistic monsters who exist only to cause us grief and rob us" keep popping up is hyperbolic in and of itself?  Just pointing out the irony there, because I don't remember anyone saying that (or anything near that), and if they did it certainly wasn't the majority.  The word "greedy"... absolutely.  The rest is kind of hyperbolic (just my opinion).  The fact is that those that are upset and those that cape for D3 are guilty of this... it's the internet.

That point aside 1) there have been many rational posts and great ideas right here in the forums.  2) Brigby got a lot of well-deserved positive feedback when he was keeping lines of communication open, even when he said "we're looking into it", and didn't have much more to report.  People appreciated it.  About half of the negativity on these forums is around the decision-making (which has been pretty awful).  I'd say the other half is around the implementation and communication surrounding said decisions.  The latter could be remedied pretty easily.