New Feature: Bonus Heroes! *Updated (3/1/17)

Comments

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I really hope they do some tweaking soon. I have still not gotten a bonus 4* character, and I have unfortunately gotten more than a few Agent Venom covers while trying to get to Moon Knight or Kate Bishop before they left. I also got way too many Riri covers, very few Peggy (she is my only 4* bonus selected, and I only got one of her overall... not from bonus, just as a token pull... and it was the only color I couldn't use). I am assuming this is just my personal experience, as I can't imagine they tilted the odds towards **** characters... but it is still an unfortunate result.

All in all, I am looking at a whopping 2.2% on bonus heroes, all were 3 stars. Combined with the **** character streak I am on, my experience the last week and a half have not been extremely enjoyable. My only hope is that they keep doing boss events and character release events like we just had for Coulson (and Cho/Antman in the past). If those all go back to the way they were and disappear... It will be very disheartening.

Boss/Character events, increased token odds of getting good rewards, increased bonus hero odds, more customizable/desirable vaulting to let us have a slight control over roster growth. There is no way we would get all of those, but one or two would really be great.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Hey, Brigby, any word yet?
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Something that would help is if we could choose the 4* covers in the taco vault.

Then we would, at least, be able to get some guaranteed 4* covers every 100 days icon_e_smile.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    moss04 wrote:
    Broll wrote:
    they are developing features for a game people play while they poop...

Is it normal to poop 2-4 hours a day?
    Depends on your diet
    (Also fixed your quote)

That statement was in jest at that's what app games largely are. Things people play while waiting for something or in the bathroom or just need to kill time. Most of the people on the forums are people that take it way more seriously than that, but I suspect a large portion of their player-base is in that category.

While I empathize with your sentiment, broll, if that's the case then why is the game being developed heavily with the dedicated crowd in mind? If the casual crowd were the target audience, shouldn't we be seeing more development at that level of play? Like many things around here, these elements don't seem to add up so much.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    El Satanno wrote:
    broll wrote:
    moss04 wrote:
    Broll wrote:
    they are developing features for a game people play while they poop...

Is it normal to poop 2-4 hours a day?
    Depends on your diet
    (Also fixed your quote)

That statement was in jest at that's what app games largely are. Things people play while waiting for something or in the bathroom or just need to kill time. Most of the people on the forums are people that take it way more seriously than that, but I suspect a large portion of their player-base is in that category.

While I empathize with your sentiment, broll, if that's the case then why is the game being developed heavily with the dedicated crowd in mind? If the casual crowd were the target audience, shouldn't we be seeing more development at that level of play? Like many things around here, these elements don't seem to add up so much.
    Hence my statement earlier that the devs have only the huge whales in mind when tweaking the game and don't think or care about the casual players. That seems pretty obvious to me.

For the record, I play while I poop. There, I've said it.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:
    Over 900 posts. most from the people not happy with the vaulting. And what D3 says? Nothing! Never in my gaming life I felt so irrelevant for the gamemakers. They do not give a **** of what people think/want/write as long as whales are happy. That's what I see.

They had said something, they have said they are discussing it internally and going through it the thread and feedback. If they throw a fix together within a week and it's wrong you would be even more annoyed. Let's give them some time to decide and make the right fix.

There are lots of quick fixes they could do though e.g. put out a 2nd version of each LT that includes all 4*s and offer it alongside the other one, thus letting people choose whether they want new heroes or all heroes.
  • SleepingKoala
    SleepingKoala Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Crowl wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:
    Over 900 posts. most from the people not happy with the vaulting. And what D3 says? Nothing! Never in my gaming life I felt so irrelevant for the gamemakers. They do not give a **** of what people think/want/write as long as whales are happy. That's what I see.

They had said something, they have said they are discussing it internally and going through it the thread and feedback. If they throw a fix together within a week and it's wrong you would be even more annoyed. Let's give them some time to decide and make the right fix.

There are lots of quick fixes they could do though e.g. put out a 2nd version of each LT that includes all 4*s and offer it alongside the other one, thus letting people choose whether they want new heroes or all heroes.

Agreed. Vaulting is dumb. If they can have 2 types of tokens for 5 stars, there is no reason why it cannot be done for 4 stars.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    So far only 3 star.png bonuses and not a single 4 star.png

Today something strange happened: opening my stockpiled heroic tokens I have found three 3 star.png and three times the bonus hero triggered once with Thanos_Icon.png , the second times with drstrange_icon.png and the tird with icon_ironman.png ....

but with my surprise in queue I got icon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_falcon.png

my only two 3 star.png favourites were, strange and IM40 so what's wrong?

same old issues with yesterday patch?
  • Crowl
    WEBGAS wrote:
    but with my surprise in queue I got icon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_falcon.png

Have you checked that the patch didn't do something weird like reset your favourites?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:

Have you checked that the patch didn't do something weird like reset your favourites?

Yes...my favourites are still strange and IM40
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:

I think this is a display issue.

I think you pulled DD, deadpool and falcon from the token and the bonus was Strange thanos and IM but the game displayed the covers wrong when pulling them.
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:

I think this is a display issue.

I think you pulled DD, deadpool and falcon from the token and the bonus was Strange thanos and IM but the game displayed the covers wrong when pulling them.

Happened to me too. I open a token and get 3* Captain Marvel, bonus trigger and is another Captain Marvel, which is one of my seleted bonus heroes.
    I go to my queue expecting to find two CM covers and see one Squirrel Girl and only one CM instead. In the end I think what happened is: I got Squirrel Girl from the token and a bonus Captain Marvel but in the opening animation two CM was displayed. Kind of weird.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here. Two Psylockes (which isn't possible as she is not in tokens) ended up being Psylocke and Kamala.

Two Punishers (my only 4* bonus) ended up being Punisher/Cage (which is fine as I only need one Pun to champ and Cage had 8 covers but 0 redflag.png before this pull.
  • Crowl
    Sadly for me, I have been unaffected by this apparent bug as I have only seen one bonus 4* so far and that was over a week ago. icon_e_sad.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    Sadly for me, I have been unaffected by this apparent bug as I have only seen one bonus 4* so far and that was over a week ago. icon_e_sad.gif

Same here, haven't experienced the bug yet; working on about 75 LT pulls with zero bonus 4* so far.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I opened a pack and was fortunate enough to see ol purple. Then it was a panther, my first one and I was, great, a 5* I don't need and won't ever have the iso or CP to cover. But wait... a bonus 5* has appeared! My eleventh OML cover, and one of the two colours I still need covers for! Now, if only I hadn't burned through all of my ISO championing Luke Cage and Agent Countdown...
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    And one more thing, I didn't see anybody mentioned - Lightning Rounds. What are powered-up/essential characters in every single round? Loki, Doctor Doom, Ragnarok, Mystique, Magneto. Regardless that many times players asked for some diversity, all the time same five. Which of them are in the packs? Only Loki. And propably not for long.
    What about other modes with powered-up/featured heroes? Will the characters that not in the packs be powered up?
    Yes? How the newer players are to play? Already ca 75% heroes will be out of reach - forget maximum progression rewards in Story mode, forget good placements in both modes.
    No? Are You joking? Are You going to kill the last remnants of diversity?

And once again I make my point: 510 days playing. Thousands of hours. Now, when I am so close, just few covers to max my long desired heroes, like Red Hulk, Hulkbuster, Uncanny Deadpool, Thoress and some more. And You tell me: forget it? **** You.
  • Xzasxz
    mexus wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:
    And one more thing, I didn't see anybody mentioned - Lightning Rounds. What are powered-up/essential characters in every single round? Loki, Doctor Doom, Ragnarok, Mystique, Magneto. Regardless that many times players asked for some diversity, all the time same five. Which of them are in the packs? Only Loki. And propably not for long.
    What about other modes with powered-up/featured heroes? Will the characters that not in the packs be powered up?
    Yes? How the newer players are to play? Already ca 75% heroes will be out of reach - forget maximum progression rewards in Story mode, forget good placements in both modes.

And once again I make my point: 510 days playing. Thousands of hours. Now, when I am so close, just few covers to max my long desired heroes, like Red Hulk, Hulkbuster, Uncanny Deadpool, Thoress and some more. And You tell me: forget it? **** You.

No character is out of reach.
    If someone wants Loki, specify him as your favorite and you'll always have a 5% change of getting him when opening a golden token. That'a higher chance than it used to be before Bonus Heroes was introduced.
    You'll soon have those Lokis flowing in.

You want Red Hulk? I do as well. I have him as my favorite hero hence always have a 5% chance of getting him when opening a legendary token. I got 2 Red Hulks since Bonus Heroes was introduced.

Can't You read? I wrote "75% heroes will be out of reach". That is 32 heroes out of packs now. How many draws one would need to get covers for them as Bonus Heroes? That's practically out of reach. And look at all these posts, how weird the system works ...
    If someone wants to spend MONEY (not money, but MONEY), the change may be convenient. But for the most of us that want F2P or just spend some money (like me) ... this topic and few others brings the answer what we think of it.
  • Xzasxz
    mexus wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:

If someone wants Loki, specify him as your favorite and you'll always have a 5% change of getting him when opening a golden token. That'a higher chance than it used to be before Bonus Heroes was introduced.

You want Red Hulk? I do as well. I have him as my favorite hero hence always have a 5% chance of getting him when opening a legendary token. I got 2 Red Hulks since Bonus Heroes was introduced.

Can't You read? I wrote "75% heroes will be out of reach". That is 32 heroes out of packs now. How many draws one would need to get covers for them as Bonus Heroes? That's practically out of reach. And look at all these posts, how weird the system works ...
    If someone wants to spend MONEY (not money, but MONEY), the change may be convenient. But for the most of us that want F2P or just spend some money (like me) ... this topic and few others brings the answer what we think of it.

I can read, that's just an insulting attack made by you which I certainly didn't ask for or deserved.
    But I still can't understand how these characters are "out of reach" when there's always a (high!) chance of getting them of they're selected for bonus draw. I'll like this explained to me since I see lot of people being upset about this.
    Focus on one at a time, maybe Red Hulk, and you'll always have a 5% of getting him as a bonus in EVERY legendary token. Focus on Red Hulk and Ice Man and you'll always have a 5% chance of getting one of these characters as a bonus in your legendary tokens.
    I think this is as close to pinpointing just the characters we desire we'll truly come (except for buying specific covers with CP of course)

If you cannot understand over 1k posts (in total in different threads), there is no point to try any further.
    I try this one example only.
    Assume that out of 40 heroes I'm interested in developing 20. Out of 12 in packs, only 4.
    Old system: out of 60 LTs I get 30 usefull and 30 x 1k = 30k ISO.
    New system: out of 60 LTs I get 23 usefull and 40k ISO. Lost 7 covers in exchange of 10k ISO.

It's just one (simplified) example of hundreds different reasons why people complain. And not only the idea is what make people upset, but the way D3 answers over 1k posts (only one! post that says nothing).
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    Xzasxz wrote:

I can read, that's just an insulting attack made by you which I certainly didn't ask for or deserved.
    But I still can't understand how these characters are "out of reach" when there's always a (high!) chance of getting them if they're selected for bonus draw. I'll like this explained to me since I see lot of people being upset about this.
    Focus on one at a time, maybe Red Hulk, and you'll always have a 5% of getting him as a bonus in EVERY legendary token. Focus on Red Hulk and Ice Man and you'll always have a 5% chance of getting one of these characters as a bonus in your legendary tokens.
    I think this is as close to pinpointing just the characters we desire we'll truly come (except for buying specific covers with CP of course)

To be fair when comparing bonus heros it's fair to compare USEABLE covers to the bonus.

Before a legendary had a like 85-90% chance of advancing new characters to useable.
    Now it has a 80% chance or so of being a character I have 0 covers of, with an additional 5% chance of helping build up a character that I actively have to choose to seek out. And it still very much has a chance of being someone with 5 of a color getting their 6th+ in that color.

Obviously neither is ideal but it's VERY clear that those of use with a roster full of 6-12 covered 4 stars got stuck behind a double RNG gate of "well I guess I'll have to roster this one, hopefully I get another pull of X coming out of this, well I guess not"

Even sillier is that it got implemented on the tail end of two characters being kicked out of the tokens.
    Two I had maybe 3 covers of, who will now sit in limbo that way.