Check internet connection (AWS outage Feb 28 2017) [solved]

Comments

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby posted an announcement. Plus they posted on Twitter and Facebook.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mbaren wrote:
    Considering Brigby posted an announcement about it more than an hour ago? Yes, yes I believe they can acknowledge it. And did.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60195

Would have been nice if they updated this thread. Glad they did it somewhere at least.
  • nine00
    nine00 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Hopefully they hand out free swag after this is fixed.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    nine00 wrote:
    Hopefully they hand out free swag after this is fixed.

Probably not, unless it takes a very long time as I don't think they're able to add time to PvE/PvP/LR/expiring covers/etc... so you'll have a lot of pissed off players icon_cool.gif
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK, I'm in and it seems to be working, but LR is blacked out.

Nope, gone again.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Progress, but not quite there yet it seems!

Increased Error Rates

Update at 12:52 AM PST: We are seeing recovery for S3 object retrievals, listing and deletions. We continue to work on recovery for adding new objects to S3 and expect to start seeing improved error rates within the hour.

Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard. The service updates are below. We continue to experience high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is impacting various AWS services. We are working hard at repairing S3, believe we understand root cause, and are working on implementing what we believe will remediate the issue.
  • Red_phoenixx
    Red_phoenixx Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Still down. Bummed out. Missing good play time.
  • primemover777
    primemover777 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Looks like this is bigger than puzzle quest: http://bgr.com/2017/02/28/internet-outage-amazon-web-services/
  • Ok. We'll all get a lot of free stuff right. I mean Marvel wouldn't cheap out once they fix this right. Right?
  • cpeyton3535
    Closer!

Increased Error Rates

Update at 1:12 PM PST: S3 object retrieval, listing and deletion are fully recovered now. We are still working to recover normal operations for adding new objects to S3.

Update at 12:52 PM PST: We are seeing recovery for S3 object retrievals, listing and deletions. We continue to work on recovery for adding new objects to S3 and expect to start seeing improved error rates within the hour.

Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard. The service updates are below. We continue to experience high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is impacting various AWS services. We are working hard at repairing S3, believe we understand root cause, and are working on implementing what we believe will remediate the issue.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed to get on and play a little... then timing out... then it works again. Its starting to slowly come back on.
  • Eagledave
    Eagledave Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Still down. Pff
  • JoeyCool
    JoeyCool Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    It's up, 15 minutes to go on Sticky Situation (Dark Reign), error claiming reward, network error, Comm Link Disrupted and all, and nowhere near enough time to make up for the outage but, yeah at least it's up again, well sorta. It'll get back to normal eventually.
  • I'm on, it kicked out for a couple minutes but I haven't any issues since
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I manage to complete 4/6 (excluding Crash of the Titans) DDQ missions before it's stuck on loading screen again. Not saying it was smooth either, every time I complete a mission, it's a blank blue background.
  • Rika
    Rika Posts: 20
    It seems to be finally working again, 1 minute before the sub expired icon_e_sad.gif .

I would not put too much confidence into getting compensated for this issue, as the fault appears to be with S3, rather than D3 (not sure if the similarity of the names should tell us something icon_lol.gif )
  • cpeyton3535
    Just to make it official if not posted elsewhere:

[RESOLVED] Increased Error Rates

Update at 2:08 PM PST: As of 1:49 PM PST, we are fully recovered for operations for adding new objects in S3, which was our last operation showing a high error rate. The Amazon S3 service is operating normally.

Feel bad for all the folks who were in events which ended during or just after all this (I was walking around under a little dark cloud for days when it happened to me recently). Only scenario where it pays to grind early, I guess.
  • EleganceFlawed
    EleganceFlawed Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Late to the party but US east coast player still can't login. At least I got my DPD done this morning, but I was hoping to grind today and get Coulson.
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I'm in Western Europe, and it's not fully resolved yet. I could play a match, after the match it took several tries to get to the reward screen, and that's where I am stick right now... I can't claim my reward: "Network error. Error claiming reward..."
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    anyone know when?
This discussion has been closed.